Presumed Innocent Reviews

• Sep 13, 2019

First-rate. The detective was right: the lady was no good. .

First-rate. The detective was right: the lady was no good. .

• Jul 03, 2019

Presumed Innocent is an excellent courtroom drama layered with deception and suspense. I didn’t expect it to be as gripping as it was. Each cast member does very well and the story is paced nicely

• Feb 02, 2019

The best courtroom movie ever made!

The best courtroom movie ever made!

• May 20, 2018

A fun journey to embark on, despite its lingering gloom. I'm not the biggest fan of Ford in this film. As an actor, it seems like he knew where the story was headed and played towards making that famous twist work, instead of being in Rusty's head. Raul Julia was pretty great though.

• Nov 21, 2017

Rusty Sabich is a prosecutor. He is part of the business of accusing, judging and punishing. He explores the evidence of a crime and determine who is charged, who is brought to this room to be tried before his peers. He present his evidence to the jury and they deliberate upon it. They must determine what really happened. If they cannot, we will not know whether the accused deserves to be freed or should be punished. If they cannot find the truth, what is our hope of justice? That's right, Harrison Ford is Rusty Sabich. He's gain a lot of reputation playing well known characters like Han Solo from the Star Wars films and Indiana Jones from the Indiana Jones films. In this one, he is a prosecutor and he remembers the woman named Carolyn Polhemus. He can remember her from flashbacks and he still loves his wife played by Bonnie Bedelia who which I knew her from the Die Hard films. There's an obvious twist at the end which you gonna have to figure it out for yourself because I think it's incredible. The screen shots are impressive in which the courtroom look pretty beautiful. Even the music score is by (wouldn't you know) John Williams are intriguingly nothing that memorable but I don't mind it. I like old fashioned music. I was intrigued that he composed music in movies that are rated R. Overall I think this movie is decent. I don't think it's one of those movies I can watch over and over again, but if I did, I can get to like it even more and gets some enjoyment out of it. If you're a huge fan of Harrison Ford you can get to watch it with your expectations. I just think it's one of the better mystery drama films. There was a crime. There was a victim. And there is punishment.

• Aug 31, 2017

This is a mystery novel about an interesting man with a boring life who has a sensual affair outside of his marriage and then is accused of murder. I liked the book because we could explore his thoughts, and enjoy the development of its characters. The movie played like a Perry Mason episode - muted and dramatic - theories were quickly raised and dismissed. Definitely read the book. Perhaps (if you're an avid fan of either Harrison Ford or Scott Turow) see the movie as well.

• Apr 15, 2017

A strong movie on a seemingly hackneyed subject of courtroom thrillers. But this movie has it all to make a solid and riveting example of how a nicely thriller should be done.

• Dec 04, 2016

Sexy courthouse thriller. Is there really such a genre? A twisting crime caper with Harrison Ford and a solid cast. Slow story telling, but entertaining. Rating: 7 / 10

• Nov 25, 2016

a little slow and predictable, but still a good movie. it keeps the watcher in the dark about things until they see them, but hey... its Hollywood.

• Aug 29, 2016

Despite fairly flat pacing the story grips and keeps you watching. The "twist" ending may well be guessed correctly by many and the killers incompetant "clean up" leading to their exposure seems lazy writing. Definately worth watching once though.