Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Reviews

½ May 14, 2017
Wasn't great at all. The novel is a really clever spin of the Jane Austen classic but this really was a piss poor budget adaptation.
½ May 6, 2017
An improvement on the original.
May 2, 2017
Lot's of reviews have stated that the film didn't meet up to it's expectations. However, I have personally watched this film for 5 times and I still don't understand why people don't like it and has such a bad rating.

Jane Austen wrote 'Pride and Prejudice' to reflect the society back in the 1813, where parents aimed to have their daughters married only to the rich and handsome but not enquiring their daughters love towards the men. I cannot deny that the director the PPZ movie (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies in short),Burr Steers, has added a twist into the plot of the film and has somehow ruined a bit of the original story, but on the whole the movie itself gives out a strong message perfectly matching the original story, where Darcy begins to rethink about his pride and Elizabeth's change in her prejudice personality.

Apart from the plot, I believe that the cast should receive our praises. Sam Riley was at first not said to be unfit to take up the role as William Darcy, but he has made the audience love him at the end and I personally love him. He has perfectly executed how Darcy should act like : Broody, handsome, full of pride. Lily James is also to be applauded at her elegancy and perfect execution on playing the role as Elizabeth Bennet. I must say, the two are the perfect couple on screen and nobody can replace their roles.

Overall, I believe that PPZ deserves a higher rating and it is definitely one of the films I love. It has enchanted me to watch it five times in a row and every time I watch it I love it more and more.
½ April 26, 2017
I found this film hideously entertaining. The shots surprised me and the portrayal of characters left me clapping with delight, costumes and weaponry were fabulously detailed. Perfect end to a day on the sick-bed.
½ April 18, 2017
entertaining and unntentionally funny at times (matt smiths character) film could have been longer and focused more on the zombies
April 16, 2017
Great, now it's ruined.

This movie spat in the face of the 2005 classic. Very, very poor.
April 15, 2017
4/15/2017: Meh. I'm not a fan of P&P, as I find the story way too dull. I was hoping the addition of zombies would help, but not so much. Lily James is the only highlight of this flick.
April 2, 2017
This was an amazing movie!!!! It kept myself and my fiancè interested from beginning to end and my fiancè is very hard to please when it comes to movies! We would absolutely love a sequel to this!
½ April 1, 2017
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies delivers what its title promises: a little romance and some undead villains, plus a bit of comedy. But this overly busy riff on Austen's winning formula doesn't justify all the tinkering. Steers can compose and capture a shot fine enough, but seems otherwise bored to be here. Each of his scenes collide lazily against the next; transitions are rushed and often ugly, and the director never seems to know what emotions he should be steering his cast toward. Riley makes a lousy, hoarse-voiced Darcy. James sets off no sparks with him, suggests no heartbreaking longing. If you want to make a point about women liberated by a zombie invasion into independent-minded martial arts warriors, why do it with one of the greatest romance novels of all time? There's barely a laugh here, and nothing resembling human emotion. This movie is so crushing mainly because it was made by obviously smart people who are trying to dumb themselves down, and there's nothing more excruciating than that. What the film needed was a young Peter Jackson... but it's left with a surprisingly straight tone and the sense that this is an amusing idea for a comedy sketch stretched out to feature length. The only threat to your brain is boredom. The bottom line is that Burr Steers' adaptation is unlikely to please any audience regardless of what they're looking for.

VERDICT: "Not So Hot" - [Negative Reaction] These films are truly terrible films. They are not the worst things ever made, but they are definitely awful and should not be seen by anyone. (Films that are rated 1.5 or 2 stars)
½ March 30, 2017
It wasn't scary at all... I have to admit the two sisters were invincible, and they won the battle at the end of the movie. :D
½ March 20, 2017
bad acting...awful movie
March 15, 2017
I tried to watch it on two different occasions, and it did not hold my attention long enough to get to the action shown in the trailer.
March 12, 2017
Well, it's settled; Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice' still holds its own as a true classic...even if you fill it with the undead.
½ March 11, 2017
If you manage to go over the question "Why?" that comes in your mind after you have read the title of this movie, and you don't have prejudices of any kind, well, I think you can also arrive to enjoy it. In fact is a well made movie, even funny in my opinion. Also because the idea of adding zombies to Pride and Prejudice is so silly that it can only be good, or terrible.
March 9, 2017
Having read the wonderful book, I'm giving this film a miss. Do yourself a favor: re-read Jane Austen, then read the wonderful parody. I'm not willing to allow Hollywood to hijack my fun.
March 5, 2017
A bit too gratuitous to be campy, but this is a fun send-up of the Jane Austen classic. Just be prepared.
½ March 4, 2017
Wish there was a little more romance.
February 28, 2017
Look i could not help myself. I thought this was a fun movie. I was not expecting anything grand or amazing but it was fun. I kind of wish they had gone even more overboard with it.
February 19, 2017
This is for that odd bunch who likes period pieces AND zombies..get a feel the book would be better. Watch it if you fall in that slim venn diagram. Warning, it's a LOT more jane austen than zombie flick, so might leave most disappointed.
½ February 17, 2017