Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Reviews

June 12, 2018
Having read and enjoyed both "Pride and Prejudice" and "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" I was eager to see this movie. However, the movie misses a lot of what makes the book great. The book contains every word from Jane Austen's novel plus zombies. This movie doesn't do either part justice. Hard pass.
June 1, 2018
Manages to somehow weave a decent zombie story into a classic tale. The mere premise of the movie requires that it not be taken too seriously.
April 21, 2018
Waiting for a sequel!! Very fun and exciting take on the original version. Glad they kept the romance in between mr. Darcy and elizabeth. Again, waiting for a sequel
April 21, 2018
Very different and refreshing. Although it was predictable it was quite enjoyful. Very interested in a sequel since it was left off a cliffhanger. Highly recommend if you want something new and different in the zombie genre
April 20, 2018
A bit of a mess. I was expecting more of a zombie movie set in Elizabethian times.. No, this is pretty much a Pride and Prejudice rremake, with zombies littered thooughout the story. What makes this film even stranger is that the film is more concentrated on the P&P story rather then the zombies. I mean, WHAT? Who wants to see that??
April 1, 2018
I had a blast watching this movie. I love the concept and found the execution to be on par. Great cast, fun moments, impressive choreography, sweet romance and lots of blood.
I'll be watching this movie again in the future.
April 1, 2018
I tried this one simply because I adore Lily James. But as i was trying to keep with the story, i realized i had no idea what was going on.
½ March 27, 2018
Movie was boring do not know why it was a comedy not funny or would I suggest watching it to anyone!
½ February 18, 2018
guilty pleasure watching
February 8, 2018
Okish zombie parody of the Jane Austen book. Netflix as missed in cinema 2 years ago.
½ January 9, 2018
Very very poor and shallow movie. I'm utterly disappointed I had to waste my time watching it. Not a good story at all.
January 5, 2018
I love this movie! I have probably seen it at least over a dozen times now. There are some plot holes (like what did Mrs. Featherstone want to tell Lizzy?) But, overall excemptial movie!
December 31, 2017
I really enjoyed the movie. I enjoyed the relationship with the sisters. And the banter with the dark haired sister and her eventual husband. I thought the did a great job of balancing the humor with the action. The choice of actors and actresses was right on. Don't understand why it got such bad reviews.
November 26, 2017
I think it was a great movie I have watched it quite a bit and I love it no it's not scary which is good for the most but but the twist is nuts I didn't expect the guy to be a zombie
November 26, 2017
A bizarre mash-up of period-drama, comedy and horror, it has to be said that it's better and a lot more fun than it has any right to be. Ultimately, however, it is not very convincing as any one of the genres and only manages to deliver an utterly mediocre performance of its premise, despite the likeable cast with many well-known faces amongst them.
November 20, 2017
I found this way better than I expected. I loved it in fact. A very cool retelling of the story from a very cool aspect... well acted and created as well
½ November 9, 2017
Starts with a bang only to fizzle out and die towards the end. The first half was stylish and a fun take on the classic novel. The cast were all charming and fun. Then we get to the midpoint of the film then it becomes sluggish and starts to look cheap. Its as if they were running out money half way through production. Its most noticeable during the climax with the climactic duel looking something straight out of history channel. In the end its still a fun film but it could've been so much more. A fun mash up take on the zombie genre that leaves more to be desired due to its interesting premise.
November 7, 2017
When I first started to see ads for this movie I wasn't very interested, I still went to see it when it came out just to see girls in dresses fighting zombies. The movie is both funny sand serious at the Same time. I normally dislike movies with romance but the way this movie went about it was just wonderful, but it seems that I am the only one who truly loves this movie. Even a year after seeing it it remains my favourite movie.
October 29, 2017
I read this book and it was a pretty good one-joke concept, taking a prim and proper piece of English literature (that also happens to be in the public domain) and inserting zombies. In movie form it's also a pretty good one-joke idea, but outside of that one joke, it doesn't sustain itself, same as with the book. The actors and production values are all of Downtown Abbey quality, though I may have enjoyed the genre mash-up more if the zombie action had gone for a hard R-rating instead of a tepid PG-13. Seeing Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy drenched in blood, as if they'd stepped off of set of "Martyrs" or "The Descent," would have given the film a far more jarring of effect and possibly would have carried the concept for it's almost 2-hour running time, particularly if the violence and zombie action had gradually built to a wild "Dead Alive" type of over-the-top climax. The film either needed to hook audiences with the romantic tension of whether Ms. Bennett and Mr. Darcy will end up together or hook audiences with zombie action and suspense, but in only doing both partway, in the end, in film does neither and never hooks the audience.
½ October 29, 2017
Dumb zombie movie with barely any zombies, a garbage British romantic movie.