Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Reviews

½ February 18, 2018
guilty pleasure watching
February 8, 2018
Okish zombie parody of the Jane Austen book. Netflix as missed in cinema 2 years ago.
½ January 9, 2018
Very very poor and shallow movie. I'm utterly disappointed I had to waste my time watching it. Not a good story at all.
January 5, 2018
I love this movie! I have probably seen it at least over a dozen times now. There are some plot holes (like what did Mrs. Featherstone want to tell Lizzy?) But, overall excemptial movie!
December 31, 2017
I really enjoyed the movie. I enjoyed the relationship with the sisters. And the banter with the dark haired sister and her eventual husband. I thought the did a great job of balancing the humor with the action. The choice of actors and actresses was right on. Don't understand why it got such bad reviews.
November 26, 2017
I think it was a great movie I have watched it quite a bit and I love it no it's not scary which is good for the most but but the twist is nuts I didn't expect the guy to be a zombie
November 26, 2017
A bizarre mash-up of period-drama, comedy and horror, it has to be said that it's better and a lot more fun than it has any right to be. Ultimately, however, it is not very convincing as any one of the genres and only manages to deliver an utterly mediocre performance of its premise, despite the likeable cast with many well-known faces amongst them.
November 20, 2017
I found this way better than I expected. I loved it in fact. A very cool retelling of the story from a very cool aspect... well acted and created as well
½ November 9, 2017
Starts with a bang only to fizzle out and die towards the end. The first half was stylish and a fun take on the classic novel. The cast were all charming and fun. Then we get to the midpoint of the film then it becomes sluggish and starts to look cheap. Its as if they were running out money half way through production. Its most noticeable during the climax with the climactic duel looking something straight out of history channel. In the end its still a fun film but it could've been so much more. A fun mash up take on the zombie genre that leaves more to be desired due to its interesting premise.
November 7, 2017
When I first started to see ads for this movie I wasn't very interested, I still went to see it when it came out just to see girls in dresses fighting zombies. The movie is both funny sand serious at the Same time. I normally dislike movies with romance but the way this movie went about it was just wonderful, but it seems that I am the only one who truly loves this movie. Even a year after seeing it it remains my favourite movie.
October 29, 2017
I read this book and it was a pretty good one-joke concept, taking a prim and proper piece of English literature (that also happens to be in the public domain) and inserting zombies. In movie form it's also a pretty good one-joke idea, but outside of that one joke, it doesn't sustain itself, same as with the book. The actors and production values are all of Downtown Abbey quality, though I may have enjoyed the genre mash-up more if the zombie action had gone for a hard R-rating instead of a tepid PG-13. Seeing Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy drenched in blood, as if they'd stepped off of set of "Martyrs" or "The Descent," would have given the film a far more jarring of effect and possibly would have carried the concept for it's almost 2-hour running time, particularly if the violence and zombie action had gradually built to a wild "Dead Alive" type of over-the-top climax. The film either needed to hook audiences with the romantic tension of whether Ms. Bennett and Mr. Darcy will end up together or hook audiences with zombie action and suspense, but in only doing both partway, in the end, in film does neither and never hooks the audience.
½ October 29, 2017
Dumb zombie movie with barely any zombies, a garbage British romantic movie.
½ October 7, 2017
A great idea and played quite straight, except for the odd moments of humour. Great visuals and really well acted all round. Much better than anyone would have expected!
September 28, 2017
I absolutely loved this movie. Lily James is spectacular. In fact, all the Bennett girls were portrayed to perfection.
September 27, 2017
it's ok, could have ended better
September 16, 2017
Fantastic, if you're in the mood for a nice date night comedy.
½ September 12, 2017
Will earn no awards, but it's a fun movie. It's well cast and acted, and the Jane Austin dialogue in the midst of the zombie apocalypse play off each other nicely. Found it to be pretty funny and well choreographed, with just the right amount of "cheesy-ness" I would recommend it for a change of pace, to actually once again see a zombie film that doesn't take itself too seriously.
½ September 5, 2017
Girls are kicking asses in the old england and also zombies. The high society are so right to bash them brain pickers... oh wait, they are brain eaters. Dumb zombies have not a chance against these cuties. And also one or two guys zombies-killers. This explains a lot about why the englishes were so prone to killings. More than the french!
September 3, 2017
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies possède quelques moments sympathiques mais bien que ce soit pas un mauvais film, ne parvient jamais réellement à tirer profit du mélange des différentes thématiques qu'il propose.
½ August 27, 2017