Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Reviews

½ July 23, 2017
Loved it. Good deal was altered from the original story, but it was awesome!
July 15, 2017
A frustrating first act, with no real back story or introduction, but lots of clever fun once it gets going.
½ July 13, 2017
I have tried to watch this movie twice, and both times have stopped. If it would have been R rated, then possibly, it would have been better, but I still think it would have been a bad movie, just one with gore and nudity that may have made this pass as a good midnight movie.
June 29, 2017
I went into this movie expecting some dumb fun. I got the "dumb" part, but the fun is nowhere to be found.
June 26, 2017
Jane Auston's original book has a twist this time with Zombies. I would say why bother, this movie was not scary nor funny. It seemed more goofy with a bad script and beautiful cast. The girls are gorgeous with a little emotional scenes as they are coping to try to marry during a time of hardship trying to fight off zombies. Overall it was ok movie, I would just watch to see the girls in action.
June 25, 2017
A weird take on the zombie movie which mashes together Jane Austen and the "Walking Dead". It has some wacky moments of humour, but, since I've never been a fan Jane Austen, this just didn't work for me.
June 21, 2017
In this movie, Zombies are wonderfully woven into the original plot of Pride and Prejudice, the characters have exactly the same traits and personalities as Jane Austin wrote, except the presence of zombies gives them new justifications for those traits.
½ June 20, 2017
This movie had a few decent moments, but it fell flat more than it hit for me. Mind you, I am not the biggest fan of the Pride and Prejudice story to begin with. That being said...I feel like the climax needed WAY more zombies. I would not recommend it.
½ June 16, 2017
This movie was so cheesy and terrible. I saw it when it came out in February and haven't seen it since. It advertises itself as a zombie movie when there is only 30 minutes of zombies and isn't even scary. Most of the film is an old English romance film with a little bit of zombie action. This film had a 28 million dollar budget and made 10 million. With that in mind, we don't have to worry about a sequel cause they didn't make enough money back to even get approval to make a sequel.

Rating: 1.1/10
June 11, 2017
Well.... Does what you expect, a zombie film based around Pride and Prejudice. Neither wonderful nor trash. Has a strong cast including Lily Jame and Matt Smith so even if the film was trash the cast could save it slightly - but was not needed.
½ June 1, 2017
I absolutely loved it! Beginning to end it was my favorite movie based on fan fiction
½ May 14, 2017
Wasn't great at all. The novel is a really clever spin of the Jane Austen classic but this really was a piss poor budget adaptation.
½ May 6, 2017
An improvement on the original.
May 2, 2017
Lot's of reviews have stated that the film didn't meet up to it's expectations. However, I have personally watched this film for 5 times and I still don't understand why people don't like it and has such a bad rating.

Jane Austen wrote 'Pride and Prejudice' to reflect the society back in the 1813, where parents aimed to have their daughters married only to the rich and handsome but not enquiring their daughters love towards the men. I cannot deny that the director the PPZ movie (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies in short),Burr Steers, has added a twist into the plot of the film and has somehow ruined a bit of the original story, but on the whole the movie itself gives out a strong message perfectly matching the original story, where Darcy begins to rethink about his pride and Elizabeth's change in her prejudice personality.

Apart from the plot, I believe that the cast should receive our praises. Sam Riley was at first not said to be unfit to take up the role as William Darcy, but he has made the audience love him at the end and I personally love him. He has perfectly executed how Darcy should act like : Broody, handsome, full of pride. Lily James is also to be applauded at her elegancy and perfect execution on playing the role as Elizabeth Bennet. I must say, the two are the perfect couple on screen and nobody can replace their roles.

Overall, I believe that PPZ deserves a higher rating and it is definitely one of the films I love. It has enchanted me to watch it five times in a row and every time I watch it I love it more and more.
½ April 26, 2017
I found this film hideously entertaining. The shots surprised me and the portrayal of characters left me clapping with delight, costumes and weaponry were fabulously detailed. Perfect end to a day on the sick-bed.
½ April 18, 2017
entertaining and unntentionally funny at times (matt smiths character) film could have been longer and focused more on the zombies
April 16, 2017
Great, now it's ruined.

This movie spat in the face of the 2005 classic. Very, very poor.
April 15, 2017
4/15/2017: Meh. I'm not a fan of P&P, as I find the story way too dull. I was hoping the addition of zombies would help, but not so much. Lily James is the only highlight of this flick.
April 2, 2017
This was an amazing movie!!!! It kept myself and my fiancè interested from beginning to end and my fiancè is very hard to please when it comes to movies! We would absolutely love a sequel to this!
½ April 1, 2017
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies delivers what its title promises: a little romance and some undead villains, plus a bit of comedy. But this overly busy riff on Austen's winning formula doesn't justify all the tinkering. Steers can compose and capture a shot fine enough, but seems otherwise bored to be here. Each of his scenes collide lazily against the next; transitions are rushed and often ugly, and the director never seems to know what emotions he should be steering his cast toward. Riley makes a lousy, hoarse-voiced Darcy. James sets off no sparks with him, suggests no heartbreaking longing. If you want to make a point about women liberated by a zombie invasion into independent-minded martial arts warriors, why do it with one of the greatest romance novels of all time? There's barely a laugh here, and nothing resembling human emotion. This movie is so crushing mainly because it was made by obviously smart people who are trying to dumb themselves down, and there's nothing more excruciating than that. What the film needed was a young Peter Jackson... but it's left with a surprisingly straight tone and the sense that this is an amusing idea for a comedy sketch stretched out to feature length. The only threat to your brain is boredom. The bottom line is that Burr Steers' adaptation is unlikely to please any audience regardless of what they're looking for.

VERDICT: "Not So Hot" - [Negative Reaction] These films are truly terrible films. They are not the worst things ever made, but they are definitely awful and should not be seen by anyone. (Films that are rated 1.5 or 2 stars)