The Prince of Egypt - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Prince of Egypt Reviews

½ January 16, 2017
Will someone please explain why this movie is underrated? Because The Prince of Egypt deserves a second chance and lot more appreciation for it's animation, songs, visuals and voice-acting.
January 13, 2017
Best DreamWorks films ever made
January 9, 2017
While The Prince of Egypt is not the greatest all-time animated film I've ever seen, it is a very decent film. Not only is the animation fluid and fun, but it's also a mostly-accurate representation of the biblical tale. Of course, it takes liberties with certain facts, but I'm sure the original story did the same thing. History is like a game of telephone-- we translate things in a way that works best for us.

While I wouldn't say this is the best choice for youngsters before they've gotten old enough to understand the grim realities of cruelty and death, not to mention its religious ties, but I still recommend it to children due to how wonderfully it may introduce them to story-driven drama, and what it means to be a "hero", and to see human, sympathetic traits in those meant to be antagonistic. The best villains are those most identifiable.

This is a good watch for people of all ages, and all religions or lack thereof.
½ December 31, 2016
They don't make animation like this anymore, which is a shame because the themes explored here - loss, redemption, stubborness/pride- are great ones to be exposed to in youth. Great soundtrack by Hans Zimmer as well.
December 24, 2016
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (which I already reviewed), except in ancient Egypt as opposed to medieval Paris. Anywho, best DreamWorks movie ever!
November 23, 2016
A lost gem in the glory days of Dreamworks animation
October 19, 2016
This is an awesome masterfull creation of God's number 1 prophet. 1 of the greatest Christian movies ever made!!
October 15, 2016
One of the most underappreciated films of all time in my opinion. The songs are good, the characters are great, the story is great and it's visuals are just beautiful. This is one to check out. Check it out, if you haven't already.
October 14, 2016
Remarkable animation and story. Despite the sensitive issue of religious figure's depiction, as a film, The Prince Of Egypt is pretty damn good and entertaining.
October 6, 2016
One of the best done Bible stories. Easy to share with my children and reinforce our values.
½ September 5, 2016
The best Bible movie ever!
½ August 24, 2016
An animated bible movie done right. Greatly told story,breathtaking animation,like-able characters,amazing songs & music,&......did I mention the breathtaking animation?
July 18, 2016
Stephen Schwartz's score is one for the ages. Please bring this to the stage NOW.
June 22, 2016
Flat out an amazing movie
June 20, 2016
Good animated film elevated by a powerful third act.
June 14, 2016
I may not be religious but I still enjoyed this movie for its beautiful animation and it's great reinterpretation of the Bible story
May 24, 2016
Even though I may not be an Uber-Christian, this film is so well crafted and well handled that I just love it to death.
featuring some of the most beautiful animation I've ever seen in a move and surprising heavy and heartfelt music, Dreamworks's The Prince of Egypt is a surprisingly Non-Dreamworks animation feature, featuring mature themes, complex characters which is something that the very meta film company doesn't handle very often.
May 17, 2016
Powerful Retelling of the exodus story and the story of Moses!
May 14, 2016
I adore everything about this film with every fiber of my being.
April 19, 2016
Amazing piece of animation. Daring and provocative, which would really have shifted the industry of animation. Too bad DreamWorks never really followed up, but still a critical masterpiece.