The Prince of Egypt - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Prince of Egypt Reviews

December 11, 2017
Best DreamWorks films ever made
December 8, 2017
What a beauty this film is,
as one of the Mist Beautiful Animated films of all time.
November 6, 2017
Great for family to enjoy with good music and more
November 1, 2017
Level of emotional connection is too low but craft is superb.
October 30, 2017
Loved this movie when I was younger and still do. Excellent music and excellent message
October 20, 2017
One of the best animated biblical films ever made. The music, animation, voice work, script, and direction are all on point. This film is such a great entry to show younger audiences to introduce biblical ideas and faith. The music alone is worth watching this film for. All the tunes are very catchy and easy to listen to on repeat. The artwork is beautiful as the film runs very smoothly. There is never any jumping or weird moments in the animation like films before it. Val Kilmer first sounded like a strange choice for the voice of Moses. I was very wrong in this thinking. His voice fits perfectly as the Prince of Egypt. I will always think of him from now on when thinking of Moses. Charlton Heston you have been beaten good sir. Great film for families and solo viewings alike. Give it a shot when you are in the mood for a fun time about biblical history.
September 24, 2017
beautiful animation, a heartbreaking/touching story and phenomenally crafted characters. one of my favorite animated movies
½ September 2, 2017
One of dreamworks best but also heart wrenching films. I was raised atheist so I don't know a lot about religion, but that didn't stop from enjoying this masterpiece. The artwork is beautiful, music spectacular and the story is wonderful. The third act is the best, but the part where children all die by the hand of god is just too gut wrenching for any child to see, so this is not a kids film in my opinion. What kept me from giving it a full 5 stars was that some parts where rushed and forced in, such as Moses finding out his true identity and marrying the love of his life. None the less I recommend you watch this film asap.
August 31, 2017
a few parts not biblical but ok
August 17, 2017
Dazzling visuals an all star cast, memorable soundtrack headed up by the all time Hans Zimmer. Prince of Egypt is an epic masterpiece that suffices on all aapects.
½ August 12, 2017
i am not a musical fan but it had an excellent plot, beautiful animation and jaw dropping cast that would help lead dreamworks to become a force to be reckoned with in the animation world
July 24, 2017
Prince of Egypt brings the timeless Bible tale to life in glorious fashion.
July 14, 2017
Great music and voice acting
July 6, 2017
This is one of my favorite movies of all time. I also think that this is the better than The Ten Commandments. This movie is all I ever wanted, All I ever wanted, All I ever Wanted.
June 19, 2017
Most people enjoy this movie. I however do not

2.3/10
June 14, 2017
I love this movie. The animation is beautiful, the music is fantastic, and (of course) the plot is interesting. I cry every time I watch it. It's one I would buy if they take it off of Netflix.
½ June 1, 2017
The Prince of Egypt stands as a fairly accurate adaption of the Moses tale with great animation, voice work, and spectacle.
May 27, 2017
An animated bible movie done right. Greatly told story,breathtaking animation,like-able characters,amazing songs & music,&......did I mention the breathtaking animation?
May 6, 2017
Only few christian movies accomplish the purpose without getting fanaticism or talking only to the people who believe in the bible, it could satisfy every kind of audience, and makes honor to the story on which is based
May 4, 2017
Great movie! Love the visuals and the story is faithful to history and the religions.