The Prince of Egypt - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Prince of Egypt Reviews

August 17, 2017
Dazzling visuals an all star cast, memorable soundtrack headed up by the all time Hans Zimmer. Prince of Egypt is an epic masterpiece that suffices on all aapects.
½ August 12, 2017
i am not a musical fan but it had an excellent plot, beautiful animation and jaw dropping cast that would help lead dreamworks to become a force to be reckoned with in the animation world
July 24, 2017
Prince of Egypt brings the timeless Bible tale to life in glorious fashion.
July 14, 2017
Great music and voice acting
July 6, 2017
This is one of my favorite movies of all time. I also think that this is the better than The Ten Commandments. This movie is all I ever wanted, All I ever wanted, All I ever Wanted.
June 19, 2017
Most people enjoy this movie. I however do not

2.3/10
June 14, 2017
I love this movie. The animation is beautiful, the music is fantastic, and (of course) the plot is interesting. I cry every time I watch it. It's one I would buy if they take it off of Netflix.
½ June 1, 2017
The Prince of Egypt stands as a fairly accurate adaption of the Moses tale with great animation, voice work, and spectacle.
May 27, 2017
An animated bible movie done right. Greatly told story,breathtaking animation,like-able characters,amazing songs & music,&......did I mention the breathtaking animation?
May 6, 2017
Only few christian movies accomplish the purpose without getting fanaticism or talking only to the people who believe in the bible, it could satisfy every kind of audience, and makes honor to the story on which is based
May 4, 2017
Great movie! Love the visuals and the story is faithful to history and the religions.
½ April 10, 2017
I've had this film on VHS since I was a kid, but I only watched it for the first time when I was twelve. The reason why I didn't watch it earlier is because it just didn't look interesting and I pretty much judged it by its cover. I didn't even know it was about Moses until my mother told me. When I learned it was about Moses, I watched it right away because the story of Moses was always my favorite story in the bible. I think this movie is an underrated classic. The direction that the story takes in telling the Exodus story is something I don't think has been used in a Moses film before. It focuses a lot on the relationship between them. It shows how their different paths have torn them apart and how it emotional impact that it has on them. This also helps to flesh them out as characters, with Ramses being very complex and torn between his dynasty and his brother, and Moses being torn between his enslaved people and his brother. Both characters are very relatable and have good depth. This is also supported by the voice acting, with Val Kilmer and Ralph Fiennes delivering great performances. Other characters such as the pharaoh, the queen, Aaron and Miriam are good as well and add to the emotions of the film. The rest of the cast, Patrick Stewart, Helen Mirren, Danny Glover, Sandra Bullock, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Jeff Goldblum do great as well. The animation here is also fantastic. There's such weight, size, and scope to it. Two of the best displays of this are the burning bush scene and the scene in which Moses splits the Red Sea with his staff. They're just a marvel to behold. The songs, for the most part are well-done too, with Deliver Us being an amazing opener, Through Heaven's Eyes being very meaningful and upbeat, The Plagues being straight up epic, and When You Believe being admittedly pretty sappy, but still beautiful. The musical score is also wonderful, especially during the burning bush scene. I suppose I do have a few nitpicks about the movie. Steve Martin and Martin Short feel odd and out of place, and Playing With the Big Boys was okay, but weird. The comedy in the film doesn't really work that well and feels a little unnatural. Also, the songs, particularly When You Believe, can feel a little sporadic as there's no real segue into them. But aside from that, I think The Prince of Egypt is a very good, very well-done movie. It looks breathtaking, it's got great acting talent, and it takes a classic, timeless story in a unique and smart direction. It definitely needs more attention than it gets. I've seen it a million times and I'm definitely gonna see it a million times more.
March 24, 2017
Loved it! Told the story wonderfully and was very entertaining.
March 20, 2017
It spawned that bloody awful 'X Factor' song. It's a forgotten film & rightly so. Despite a huge voice cast of stars, there is little else that makes this film special
½ March 16, 2017
Although it takes a few liberties with the story, The Prince of Egypt is still a great film that boasts great songs, amazing visuals, a talented voice cast and is ultimately well told. It honors the Biblical story and ensures that it doesn't unintentionally offend certain races. The Prince of Egypt is ultimately such a great film from DreamWorks, it makes me wonder why it doesn't get as much attention as it should've. In all fairness, you could literally tell me this was a Disney movie and I would believe you since it has a touch of Disney added to it. One of the best scenes is when Moses encounters God and tells him to return to Egypt and guide the Hebrew slaves to freedom. So good. A beautifully crafted epic that also has a bit of emotional resonance added to it.
March 11, 2017
An impressive feat of animation which manages to fit in the massive story of Moses and the slaves into a 90 minute movie. Its serious and daring tone, coupled with its lush artistic animation and epic musical numbers make for a great introduction to this bible story. While some characters do not get as much time as others and the slight fatigue of musical variety means certain emotional arcs are not fulfilled as much as they could, this movie gets an awful lot right and at its best, its fantastic.
March 3, 2017
Prepare for a milestone...
Story: 10|10
Animation: 10|10
Characters: 10|10
Songs: 10|10
Overall: 10|10 (TEN OUTTA TEN!)
½ February 10, 2017
A nice take on the story of Moses that is inoffensive where it counts.
February 10, 2017
This is one of the most underrated movies of all time and one of my favorites. The voice actors all sound perfect in their roles, most of the songs are actually pretty awesome, and the animation is beautiful. I love, love, love this masterpiece!
February 6, 2017
The Prince of Egypt lives up to it's reputation and will forever be Dreamworks underrated gems of all time. This film had me in chills when I was a kid and I found it scary. So if an animated film would be for kids and adults then the children would be scared and frightened by watching it but hey, it's Dreamworks. You expect them to be thrilled and entertained. I think this is much similar to The Lion King, I mean look at it. The animation is similar and the music is engaging. How similar can it be? So anyways, there are alot of celebrities who really voiced all the characters. There's Val Kilmer as Moses and Ralph Fiennes as Rameses and they are brothers. We also have Michelle Pfeiffer, Sandra Bullock, Jeff Goldblum, Danny Glover who has a really small role just like Patrick Stewart and Helen Mirren and now we have Steve Martin and Martin Short. Damn, there are loads of celebrities that you'll recognise! The songs are by Stephen Schwartz the guy who did The Hunchback of Notre Dame and I feel the same way the Hans Zimmer because the music in this is much similar as I said before, composed this. Okay, the songs are that I love to listen to more often. There's ''Deliver Us'' (which I think my sister heard me sing it recently), ''All I've Ever Wanted'', ''Through Heaven's Eyes'' the song which Steve Martin and Martin Short is ''You're Playing With The Big Boys Now'', my personal favorite ''Let My People Go'' (aka ''The Plagues''), and now the final song that every women is dying to sing is ''When You Believe''. There's actually a theme song who's sung it. It is Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey. This movie is fantastic and brilliant on every level. The voice acting is brilliant even from Val Kilmer and Ralph Fiennes, the animation is fantastic and well drawn and well sketched and the visuals are absolutely stunning. This is an enjoyment for every audience in the world especially the girls. At times it gets enjoyable and at times it gets scary. Moses and Rameses have really good chemistry together. if you really wanna a great drama and great fun you better off watching the ones from Disney and Dreamworks, like The Lion King to be exact. With this review, you will do my wonders.