The Prince of Egypt - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Prince of Egypt Reviews

November 23, 2016
A lost gem in the glory days of Dreamworks animation
October 19, 2016
This is an awesome masterfull creation of God's number 1 prophet. 1 of the greatest Christian movies ever made!!
October 15, 2016
One of the most underappreciated films of all time in my opinion. The songs are good, the characters are great, the story is great and it's visuals are just beautiful. This is one to check out. Check it out, if you haven't already.
October 14, 2016
Remarkable animation and story. Despite the sensitive issue of religious figure's depiction, as a film, The Prince Of Egypt is pretty damn good and entertaining.
October 6, 2016
One of the best done Bible stories. Easy to share with my children and reinforce our values.
½ September 5, 2016
The best Bible movie ever!
½ August 24, 2016
An animated bible movie done right. Greatly told story,breathtaking animation,like-able characters,amazing songs & music,&......did I mention the breathtaking animation?
July 18, 2016
Stephen Schwartz's score is one for the ages. Please bring this to the stage NOW.
June 22, 2016
Flat out an amazing movie
June 20, 2016
Good animated film elevated by a powerful third act.
June 14, 2016
I may not be religious but I still enjoyed this movie for its beautiful animation and it's great reinterpretation of the Bible story
May 24, 2016
Even though I may not be an Uber-Christian, this film is so well crafted and well handled that I just love it to death.
featuring some of the most beautiful animation I've ever seen in a move and surprising heavy and heartfelt music, Dreamworks's The Prince of Egypt is a surprisingly Non-Dreamworks animation feature, featuring mature themes, complex characters which is something that the very meta film company doesn't handle very often.
May 17, 2016
Powerful Retelling of the exodus story and the story of Moses!
May 14, 2016
I adore everything about this film with every fiber of my being.
April 19, 2016
Amazing piece of animation. Daring and provocative, which would really have shifted the industry of animation. Too bad DreamWorks never really followed up, but still a critical masterpiece.
April 18, 2016
Love this movie.
Excellent and wildly emotionally moving story, beautiful soundtrack, and absolutely stunning visuals.
This is easily one of the greatest animation-features of all time.
½ April 18, 2016
An early project for DreamWorks Studios, and in many places it really shows. The pacing is far too leisurely, the songs pop up sporadically, aren't all that memorable, and most of the time they aren't physically sung by the characters, and the whole thing is somewhat anticlimactic. It lacks the epic conflict the story promises, and during the action scenes the awkwardness and inconsistency of the animation is highly noticeable. One of the greatest stories ever told really isn't done justice in this particular adaptation. However, I feel that it does have 3 things going for it. The first is the visuals, many of which are simply stunning, particularly the backgrounds and landscapes, all of which are massive and intricately detailed. The second is the musical score, which is beautifully orchestrated, and adds real emotional weight to some of the pivotal segments. But the absolute best is the scene featuring the Burning Bush. This is one of the finest, most powerful scenes I've ever witnessed in an animated film. The combination of beautiful visuals and evocative music create a brief but utterly memorable moment that the film never exceeds or even rivals. There's a few other positives, but none of them are significant enough to save the film. It's too slow for children hoping for action, and too shallow for adults hoping for depth.
April 4, 2016
Amazing film with wonderful themes, visuals, music, and characters.
March 29, 2016
Visually stunning and emotionally powerful, The Prince of Egypt is a stellar animated film that never takes it's audience for granted - and appeals to both the religious and non-religious alike thanks to a magnificent score, brilliant performances and a strong sense of atmosphere.