Psycho Beach Party - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Psycho Beach Party Reviews

October 2, 2016
Surprisingly good. Kitschy fun with a good cast, some of whom you don't see around much these days.
September 19, 2015
A parody of the beach movies, slashers and coming of age PSA films. Psycho Beach Party was somewhat amusing thanks to Ambrose's performance, though most of the lines felt forced.
½ June 2, 2015
Robert Lee King's adaptation of Charles Busch's gender-bending spoof is clearly committed to the spirit of the largely underground play. It has some charm and offers fun. The cast goes for broke and Charles Busch is always an amusing performer. But there is something missing that prevents it from being memorable.
January 6, 2014
Beach Blanket Bloodshed--Camp, humor, dialog, and style done right!!
December 14, 2013
Stylized wackiness plays homage to both the slasher genre as well as the corny beach movies of the '50s, with a dash of the film noir femme fatale thrown in for good measure - this one definitely holds up well on the repeat viewing and is a helluva lot of fun.

Recommended.
November 27, 2013
Ultimately, Psycho...can't overcome the redundancy of parodying a genre that long ago sank into its own satiric muck.
October 15, 2013
yes it is stupid, yes it is poorly acted..... but it is supposed to be. It is funny.
½ April 8, 2013
this movie never gets old.
December 7, 2012
Could be worth watching. Will find and devour with my eyes!
November 9, 2012
It's at times fun, cheeky and clever. Unfortunately about an hour in it wears out its welcome. It's cool to see some famous faces in it like Amy Adams and a cameo from Boogie on Big Brother.
November 3, 2012
I love the corny/cheesy movies!
October 24, 2012
Oh my God! I didn't think I would last til the end ! That was a memorable movie ! (Not in a good way...) But I liked Nicholas Brendon, who plays a golden boy, I knew he could be a sex symbol (Whatever Harmony says!)
½ September 21, 2012
Considering it's written by female impersonator Charles Busch, right off the bat you can tell that "Psycho Beach Party" is going to be messy. This is one of the few messes that is simply so original and so much fun that it's hard to criticize it. Combining psychodramas from the 1950's, the "beach party" movies from the 1960's, and 1970's slasher flicks, somehow the film remains to keep its tone-- very, very tongue in cheek. The actors, all of whom either evoke the beach party look or add some kind of interesting character to the grand scheme of everything, almost effortlessly act just as cheesily (if that's even a word) as Sandra Dee did back in the "Gidget" days. The script, which of course is purposely written with camp, is simply perfect for the film. Busch evokes the silliness of the films he's either spoofing or copying, I can't decide which, and the small role of policewoman Monica Stark he writes in for himself gives him a chance to show off just how talented he is at being unique. "Psycho Beach Party" may sometimes be more fun to describe than to watch, but it's filled with such wacky fun and cartoony characters that it's almost impossible not to get a kick out of it. Look for Amy Adams in one of her first roles, too.
September 2, 2012
Besides Xander from Buffy...the movie was a wash for me.
August 11, 2012
"Just look at that water, overflowing with boys!"
½ June 25, 2012
"Ann Bowman invented orgies! Anne Bowman invented Virgin Sacrifice! ...Anne Bowman invented REVENGE!!!"
½ June 12, 2012
not bad at all for an older phycho movie
June 5, 2012
Enjoyable schlockly parody flick.
June 4, 2012
no info = not interested
June 1, 2012
Funny... Predictable but funny.