Puncture Reviews

• Sep 22, 2020

Very well done, and great job by Evans. Goes to show the extent of corruption, corruption that exists in many industries. Good to see this real-world story turned out for the good.

• Jan 28, 2020

An amazing performance by Chris Evans. This movie really brought out some of his acting potential. I watched it multiple times, and will watch it multiple more!

• Nov 03, 2019

This film is also know 'Injustice'. A very, very poor movie that is a gross injustice to all the victims of one of the greatest scandals of the 20th Century that forms the premise for this film. A powerful story with a deeply flawed but heroic protagonist is given a low budget student film makeover. Unimaginatively directed, poorly shot and emotionally flat. The soundtrack is truly awful. Only Chris Evans come out with any credit, though the story needed an actor with more flair. If Scorcese and Di Caprio had taken on this true story instead of 'The Wolf of Wall Street', they could have produced a masterpiece.

• Oct 11, 2019

Chris Evans puts in an outstanding performance, based on a true story and a must watch (however loosely that basis is, especially for health care workers)

• Mar 19, 2019

Brilliant!!! The story of two very unlikely underdogs that choose to do the right thing and go against a real life impossible. Inspiring and motivating

• Mar 27, 2018

Chris Evans is spectacular in this in the middle of a very compelling story. A story that more people should know about.

• Marcus W Super Reviewer
    Jan 28, 2017

There's a decent story and a strong central performance, but everything else is very average.

• Dec 30, 2016

It's good movie to watch

It's good movie to watch

• Sep 25, 2016

So much promise, but it's mired in a lot of banal Chris Evans scenes. He's just not an interesting actor to me and his performance felt emotionally empty.

• Jul 31, 2016

While not widely known, this is an important film. I heard about this film from a Collider Movie News video on YouTube (via Mark Ellis). I almost bailed on this film several times, not due to the acting, directing, editing, soundtrack or dialogue which were all expertly done. My reasons were my own weakness. This film takes a very explicit view of an addict and of a corporate coverup. While I knew Chris Evans (as Mike Weiss both a brilliant attorney and an addict with a very stupid sense of eventual damage from illegal and prescription drugs) from the Avenger/Captain America films, I had no idea the scope of his talents. The performance of Chris Evans elevates this movie from the usual disease/persecuted small guy-type melodrama, to a affecting drama. The end credits give some closure to this story (based on a true case). I recommend this movie to those interested in stories with legal and investigative themes. I would love to make this movie mandatory screening for the USA congress and senate along with WHO (World Health Organization) . This film is is not a stuffy sterile story, but one with the ability to keep the viewer riveted to the screen.