Pure Country Reviews

• Jun 19, 2020

Story/Screenplay: (3/5) A nice little story that's easy to digest, but it's just a tad too bland for my provincial tastes. Duration/Tempo: (3/5) At 1 hour and 52 minutes, it's an average length movie that felt a bit longer. Cast & Crew: (3/5) George Strait is not a celebrated actor, but boy can he sing. Well done. The rest of the cast were fair to solid. Summary: (3/5) The story and cast were not quite good and the film felt a bit long. A borderline thumbs down.

• Mar 28, 2020

Not much of story but such King fans that we got passed it. Love the scenes when he gets away from the rat race.

• Aug 12, 2019

Can't say it's the best movie. But it's perfectly fine to have a movie that's specifically set up for it's fan base, and George Strait (being the King of Country Music) has a great fan base. It's slow pace, it's rural heartland setting, it's perfect soundtrack, and George Straits peaceful presence make it the perfect movie to watch with the windows open and a cup of sweet tea on a warm Midwestern night.

• Nov 15, 2018

enjoyable country music story with legendary singer George Strait's music on display

• Aug 17, 2018

A very good movie with a great story. The acting is so so but the plot and music makes up for it.

• Jul 08, 2018

George Strait is amazing!

George Strait is amazing!

• Feb 14, 2018

Christopher Cain retains the classic grunge honky-tonk blues vibe in Pure Country. However, Cain also leaves ambiguity in the sense of irony with this film.

• Feb 11, 2018

Not a big country western fan but LOVE this movie. Great script, fun story. Excellent chemistry between the actors. Very good production in every respect.

• Feb 10, 2018

Cult film. You either get it. Or you don't.

Cult film. You either get it. Or you don't.

• Oct 12, 2017

Why did I not know about these movies until now. 25 years after the making, I finally get to see it, only because I found out from the 2017 one, that 2 more existed. Love George Strait. One of the all time favourite county music greats.