The Ramen Girl Reviews

• Jun 27, 2020

Decent watch, have researched (but not often), can recommend. It's a sweet movie about self Discovery and finding your dream. Or about entitlement and cultural appropriation, you pick. Normally, I hate reading movies, but this actually plays really well if you don't know what one side is saying. Not one her best movies, but if you want to see Brittany Murphy barge in and insist on things (but this time in Japan), then this is a fun way to do it.

• Jan 10, 2020

• Nov 18, 2017

While slurping the noodles, look affectionately at the pork

While slurping the noodles, look affectionately at the pork

• Nov 09, 2017

Good-ish concept, terrible making. The start and the ending are rather cliché and rushed, the magic ramen that makes people laugh is kind of ridicule, and the linguistic barrier is realistic but should have reasonably be a little less problematic towards the end of the movie - wouldn't a person know the language after months of living abroad? The one star is for the effort they put into having a Japanese cast which could actually speak Japanese

• Aug 04, 2017

One of the best movies I have seen in years.

One of the best movies I have seen in years.

• May 29, 2017

I loved this movie! Think I've watched it 5 x now. Would probably have watched it more if Netflix would keep it around more. Well, I definitely would have watched it tonight. It didn't look like something I would like and I am not a Brittany Murphy fan, though I thought she was always adorable to look at. But, it's just really good in its own special way - like ramen.

• Feb 02, 2017

It's good movie to watch

It's good movie to watch

• Sep 02, 2016

Playful, not to be taken very seriously, full of heart and some laughs. A young girl (played by the beautiful Brittany Murphy) finds herself, by chance, in a delicious bowl of ramen. She learns discipline, focus and respect for herself as she trains under her gruff, yet loveable, sensei. In the beginning we find her lost only to watch her gain so much more in the streets of Tokyo. This only deserves a one time watch, but left me feeling full and satisfied as if I had dined on a bowl of my own delicious ramen broth and noodles. Yes, that's cheesy but so is the movie...and sometimes that's all a girl needs.

• Aug 14, 2016