Reincarnated - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Reincarnated Reviews

½ March 8, 2016
A personal journey for Snoop Dogg as he becomes Snoop Lion. Perhaps I am being overly critical but while it may have been moving for Mr. Lion, the audience remains unmoved. Interesting to look at but unmemorable.
½ September 4, 2014
I little insight into snoops smoking and lion world
May 13, 2014
I've been wondering how to review this for a while since I finished it. On one hand, Snoop Dogg is a lovable, funny, wildly intelligent character that lights up the screen but on the other the whole 'movie' feels a little unguided and pointless. As a piece of entertainment, Reincarnation is a fun 1hr38m but as a solid documentary it all feels a bit faded...and not in the good way.
½ February 18, 2014
This had a chance for greatness but just doesn't get there. Snoop is a greatly interesting character on a journey. Too bad they didn't take a good producer along with them. It's just a let-the-cameras-run doc. Whenever things can really be revealing they back away. Kind of interesting as a bts movie, but it misses out overall.
February 17, 2014
I loved seeing the roots of the Rastafarian religion in Jamaica but I'm not too sure if Snoop Dogg excuse me Snoop Lion is really that committed.
January 10, 2014
Snoop Dogg or Snoop Lion, this guy smokes waayyyy too much weed.
½ December 23, 2013
An insightful look into the new Snoop Lion.
October 16, 2013
I thought this was a great documentary about Snoop's rebirth as a reggae artist.
Yeah it's mainly him travelling Jamaica smoking crazy amounts of weed, but what did you expect? His music's not as bad as you'd think, but not as a good as he thinks. The whole idea and point of the doc is diluted somewhat in the wake of all his bad press with Bunny Wailer and the Rastas, but it's still an interesting little trip.
October 1, 2013
I really liked this. It is an honest view into the life of a uniquely American icon.
½ September 28, 2013
Snoop dog is a scum-bucket... That's it. what a crap film.
September 16, 2013
A documenatry about rapper Snoop Dogg and his journey to Jamaica to find the reggae side of his music. Snoop and his posse are a walking smoke cloud and the best argument against harms of Ganja and he comes across more as a human than his created "bad boy" pimp imago from the 90's.
September 8, 2013
Interesting! Especially after recently visiting Jamaica.
August 26, 2013
Calvin Broadus goes on a pilgrimage to Jamaica, what do you think is going to happen? You got it, a inordinate amount of of smoking. I commend the earnest crusade to reinvent yourself as a artist and Snoop does manage to lay down some acceptable reggae tracks with Diplo but most of this reel is too insistent on getting Snoop Lion high.
August 26, 2013
I fell asleep watching it.
August 13, 2013
What was the point of this movie? Other than the weed, it doesn't really address what Snoop's attraction to Rastafarian culture is. A superficial look...
August 11, 2013
I loved this film, especially Snoop Lion's emphasis on the message that music artists are supposed to positively impact people's lives through their work, not provoke violence, negativity and destruction. And the music is great.
½ July 24, 2013
A little bit of the mess as far as documentary storytelling goes, but overall interesting with enough insight to hold my attention. "Reincarnated" is the telling of Snoop Dogg's journey to Jamaica to learn Rastafarian culture and to cut a Reggae album. But what surprised me, was when the narrative turned and divulged deep into Snoop's life exposing some of his victories and losses in his 20 plus years in the rap game. Definitely a chronic induced project that I would recommend.
July 7, 2013
Snoop Lion uses this documentary to show a culture that many will never understand and one that comes off as more an excuse to be permafried rather than enlightened. The good parts of the documentary are the snippets of the past while Snoops new journey seems to be an attempt to smoke as much marijuana as possible rather than progressing his career which closely resembles what the point of the film seems to be.
July 6, 2013
Just sort of stumbles along, and seems to lose its train of thought constantly.
June 30, 2013
Nate Dogg died and it effected Snoop deeply, so deeply he went to Jamaica to make a reggae album. "Thoroughly engaging and entertaining to watch, thanks to a strong direction and Snoop's unapologetic and vibrant personality." At least there are photos of the guy Rastafarians worship.