Resident Evil: Afterlife - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Resident Evil: Afterlife Reviews

½ January 20, 2018
Much better than RE: Extinction, in my opinion. Seems like it has a higher budget, and better effects. Extinction just seemed cheap to me. Would've given 4 stars, but I honestly hate the other non-human-zombie monsters (like the big one with the axe that opened the gate to the prison, and the dogs at the end) - they make the movie seem fake and cheap, IMO.
½ December 31, 2017
The better or more watchable of the Sequels. The star is in figure hugging attire preforming a variety of over the top stunts in a 3D movie that some people could enjoy but most will switch off...
Not sure on the plot of this one...really, it just kind of happens you watch it or you leave the room.
November 9, 2017
Dumb resident evil movie.
October 29, 2017
This is a cool looking movie, but it gets lazy half way through and doesn't add up.
½ August 10, 2017
This Action Horror film rocks especially Zombies }:)
July 28, 2017
Though it might not bring much to the story, it's definitely the most action packed of the three movies. Even the more naive moments of the movie are shadowed by stunning special effects and superb acting by Milla Jovovich.
July 24, 2017
The fourth entry gets the franchise back to where it needs to be, with a strong sense of Horror felt throughout and the claustrophobic environment in full fantastic effect. The action elements are dialled down but used well with stylish approach. Performances are good with once again Jovovich taking a stance as a strong female protagonist. Supporting cast also suffices with both Miller, Larter and Roberts all adding good dynamics.
July 13, 2017
There is a sameness to this series of movies. While this brings with it a comfortable feeling, it also leads to a "been there, done that" feeling as well. Lots of action, lots of zombies, but nothing new here. Ali Larter was superb here; so was Milla Jovovich as always. This series would not work without her stoic portrayal of Alice.
July 11, 2017
this is getting tedious - sure Mila's easy to look at, but the repetitious plots are not
July 7, 2017
Has no story,but its worth watching it in 3D. The scenes under the water were amazing !
May 29, 2017
I liked it. I thought the characters and story arc were interesting, which hasn't been the case for most movies in the franchise. The antagonist were pretty bland though, and the matrix references didn't work so well. But in all, I honestly thought the interaction between the characters were the most interesting thing in the movie. Somehow it caught the mood from the Romero movies. Had they had less action sequences and developed the characters some more, you could almost have ended up with something? rewarding.
May 26, 2017
Very cool movie it's very good movie based on the video game
May 26, 2017
Exageros recorrentes (C) base das cenas de ação. Tudo no filme (C) difícil de acreditar, inclusive que aja publico para ver isso.
April 26, 2017
Yet another terrible Resident Evil movie, Resident Evil Afterlife is unnecessary and outrageous where it becomes unintentionally funny.
April 13, 2017
It's like watching somebody else play through a really bad video game. There are some laugh-out-loud terrible moments here, but you'll be bored to tears in between those scenes.
March 17, 2017
Being my introduction to zombie movies when I was 13 years old (for the better or for the worse), this movie has a special place in my heart and I think it has its moments.
½ March 5, 2017
Completely pointless, and broken! Not even the first one is enough to recommend!
½ February 18, 2017
Wesker cool, good effects, not as good when I first saw
February 13, 2017
I may actually go to the movies to see this
½ February 12, 2017
It's official, folks. We are unabashedly, joyfully off the rails. Anderson knows it; Jovovich knows it; we all know it.