Resident Evil: Afterlife - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Resident Evil: Afterlife Reviews

½ August 10, 2017
This Action Horror film rocks especially Zombies }:)
July 28, 2017
Though it might not bring much to the story, it's definitely the most action packed of the three movies. Even the more naive moments of the movie are shadowed by stunning special effects and superb acting by Milla Jovovich.
July 24, 2017
The fourth entry gets the franchise back to where it needs to be, with a strong sense of Horror felt throughout and the claustrophobic environment in full fantastic effect. The action elements are dialled down but used well with stylish approach. Performances are good with once again Jovovich taking a stance as a strong female protagonist. Supporting cast also suffices with both Miller, Larter and Roberts all adding good dynamics.
July 13, 2017
There is a sameness to this series of movies. While this brings with it a comfortable feeling, it also leads to a "been there, done that" feeling as well. Lots of action, lots of zombies, but nothing new here. Ali Larter was superb here; so was Milla Jovovich as always. This series would not work without her stoic portrayal of Alice.
July 11, 2017
this is getting tedious - sure Mila's easy to look at, but the repetitious plots are not
July 7, 2017
Has no story,but its worth watching it in 3D. The scenes under the water were amazing !
May 29, 2017
I liked it. I thought the characters and story arc were interesting, which hasn't been the case for most movies in the franchise. The antagonist were pretty bland though, and the matrix references didn't work so well. But in all, I honestly thought the interaction between the characters were the most interesting thing in the movie. Somehow it caught the mood from the Romero movies. Had they had less action sequences and developed the characters some more, you could almost have ended up with something? rewarding.
May 26, 2017
Very cool movie it's very good movie based on the video game
May 26, 2017
Exageros recorrentes (C) base das cenas de ação. Tudo no filme (C) difícil de acreditar, inclusive que aja publico para ver isso.
April 26, 2017
Yet another terrible Resident Evil movie, Resident Evil Afterlife is unnecessary and outrageous where it becomes unintentionally funny.
April 13, 2017
It's like watching somebody else play through a really bad video game. There are some laugh-out-loud terrible moments here, but you'll be bored to tears in between those scenes.
March 17, 2017
Being my introduction to zombie movies when I was 13 years old (for the better or for the worse), this movie has a special place in my heart and I think it has its moments.
½ March 5, 2017
Completely pointless, and broken! Not even the first one is enough to recommend!
½ February 18, 2017
Wesker cool, good effects, not as good when I first saw
February 13, 2017
I may actually go to the movies to see this
½ February 12, 2017
It's official, folks. We are unabashedly, joyfully off the rails. Anderson knows it; Jovovich knows it; we all know it.
½ February 10, 2017
Hilarious, utter schlock. The most entertaining, nonsensical film, I have seen. Other than The Phantom Menace
February 7, 2017
W: 1. Continuation of the story. Some parts I like, some make it seem like a cartoon/anime turned movie.
February 4, 2017
They call these films video game adaptations for a reason. They are meant to be adaptations and not just another installation into that franchise. 'Afterlife' feels way more like video game on screen than it does a film by itself.

The film begins with CGI filled action sequenced that is flooded with unnecessary slow motion camera work. It's filmed in 3D, so I guess Paul W.S. Anderson was really wanted to exploit that version of the medium and give the audience it's most visceral film to date in the franchise. While there are some moments of brilliant B-movie fun, 'Afterlife' is just more of the same. And sadly it feels like some scenes are ripped right from the video games without any extra CGI or effects done.

As if you weren't already tired of the Umbrella Corp being at the forefront of each and every one of these films, they once again make their unwelcomed presence felt. Minus Dr. Isaacs and now adding pretty much the exact same character in Albert Wesker, the Umbrella Corp doesn't do anything they haven't already done in the series. Seriously, in every film Umbrella spies on Alice & company, attempt to take her down, and have a big confrontation towards the end. Besides a rotating supporting cast, the films are all structured the same way. There's a real lack of creativity here.

There's one clear reason why these films are made. Money. The filmmakers know how to produce these features and get people to spend their hard-earned cash on them. I enjoy a silly action adventure as much as the next guy, but there needs to be a little more effort put forth before I can actually certify these as guilty pleasure movies. As of now, they're mindless blood & guts action-horror films. However, the way this movie ends got me undeniably a little bit excited to sit down and watch the next one.

+Some fun action scenes

-But mostly too CGI filled for my liking

-Same old story over and over again

4.5/10
jamrcla
January 31, 2017
A good entry to the Resident Evil films with some very good action scenes that would of been better without all the stunt wire works and silly parts added in for the hell of it, The story was ok but full of plot holes (Yet again) and silly mistakes which made Afterlife feel very rushed at times, The effects were so much better in this one and I bet in 3D this film would of been very good but I only saw the 2D version, A few more of Resident Evil faces/creatures show up, We see Wesker in action this time, We Finally get to see Chris Redfield, And for no explained reason we have the Majini zombies from the Resident Evil 5 game instead of normal zombies we also have a Executioner Majini too which was pretty badass but underused, The whole film had a Dawn Of The Dead vibe to it and I tried my best to enjoy the ending action scenes but the fight between Wesker, Chris and Claire was a frame by frame live action version of the fight from Resident Evil 5 the game, Also the beginning scene which could of been way better was silly and rushed, But I'm a big fan of the films and I did enjoy it but just wish they took their time more, If you liked Resident Evil 5 the game or the first 3 films you will/should love this.