Return to Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Return to Me Reviews

March 5, 2016
Cozy and adorable...but not like in a cute way. I liked the character interactions, easy going and not over the top.
½ December 14, 2015
It's an acceptable romantic film, but it just feels like it's missing something? Where's the spark? Where's the magic? To me romantic films need to have a challenge of some sort that the couple can confront and vanquish, but this here the romance just feels too easy for me. You don't get a sense that these guys are struggling imo.
November 29, 2015
A good, solid chick flick.
November 23, 2015
Very bland until Bob Rueland (David Duchovny) and Grace Briggs (Minnie Driver) first meet, but after that, the movie sparkles.
July 26, 2015
I love this movie! I've probably seen it 50 times!
½ May 27, 2015
Sometimes there is zero chemistry in these romantic comedies but here it's off the charts in this sweet and touching movie.
May 22, 2015
A totally harmless, innocent, sweet, pleasant little romance. It'll make you smile.
½ May 6, 2015
Such a sad beginning with such a great and touching ending.
½ March 31, 2015
Very cute, fluffy little romantic movie...I always like Driver's movies.
February 9, 2015
it's 15 years old and actually good and involving
very emotional considering its unexpected circumstances but very hopeful
Grace is dying and Bob's wife dies at the same time; Grace gets a new heart while Bob's breaks
turns out Grace has Bob's late wife's heart and she is living with the shame of God being too kind to her
Bob working at a zoo decides its time for a change and when the two meet it's the most unusual chance meeting of their lives
Bonnie Hunt who stars and directs gives a lot of heart and hope for those who deserve a second chance at anything
Driver and Duchovny are quite the delight together
December 19, 2014
It's as brighter than John Q and better than Sleepless in Seattle! A movie that nobody can resist! Minnie Driver is amazing!
½ November 12, 2014
August 24, 2014
I appreciated the well written script, some plot points needed work, I would have taken out the Italy trip as it really made no sense to me, also I would have cut out the entire beginning of getting to know the dead wife, that was a fat waste of time, and watching David with in-artfully drenched in fake blood crying at a heap at his front door was embarrassing, I had to fast forward, how could a guy that happy in his marriage not have any friends to come over to the house? Also, shouldn't he still be at the hospital as his wife's heart was still beating wasn't it, just before the operation, shouldn't he have been there to hold her hand while she died in hospital for God's sake. Despite these quibbles, and despite not being a fan of either actor, I quite liked this movie and found it funny Minnie was so willing to show herself super unglamorous which is rare thing to see on big screen. So I can rec. this as a good chick flick.
August 4, 2014
(First and only viewing - 6/6/2013)
August 2, 2014
I love this movie !!!!!! Watch it on Netflix
½ May 25, 2014
Great movie! Glad to see a movie I can let my whole family watch.
½ May 9, 2014
I love the sweetness and innocence of this movie. A movie that shows how old time love still can still exist today.
April 7, 2014
Return to Me [2000] it could be a lot better if scenes were properly juxtaposed. 6/10
March 17, 2014
My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup.
½ February 3, 2014