Revolutionary Road Reviews

• Jan 02, 2021

'The most realistic horror film you'll see' EO 21.. I think that sums it up. The film feels like it could either be pro or anti 'chasing your dreams' and it's all the better for not trying to weight the argument.

• Nov 16, 2020

A well cast, set, directed, acted and scored movie. A bizarre battle between dreams, toxic power plays, and love in a relationship. Ultimately ending in disaster. It does feel like it doesn't really go anywhere, but I guess that's a part of the whole point of it.

• Sep 10, 2020

At the mid-point of Revolutionary Road, Frank Wheeler (Leonardo DiCaprio) recites in a work Dictaphone "knowing what you've got, knowing what you need, knowing what you can do without…that's inventory control" and in one catch-phrase accurately summarizes his relationship with his wife April (Kate Winslet). The Wheelers decide to give up on the uniformity of middle-class values and the pursuit of the American Dream to pursue their own personal dreams. With combative intensity comparable to Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, the couple is ultimately torn apart by their own dreams. DiCaprio and Winslet are both great, and Michael Shannon is fantastic in a small role as a mental patient who is the only character able to verbalize the issues that the Wheelers' toxic relationship present.

• Aug 23, 2020

The movie is in a slow motion

The movie is in a slow motion

• Jul 26, 2020

Depressing Garbage. Just look out your window for 2 hours instead.

Depressing Garbage. Just look out your window for 2 hours instead.

• Jul 21, 2020

Revolutionary Road is a witty movie. But for every smart scene there are moments of prolonged bickering that drag out forever.

• Jul 11, 2020

The unpredictableness of their relationship kept me on edge for a good part of the film however I couldn't quite tell whether I was watching a rom-com or a fiery drama. I guess a bit of both. The movie for me seems to do well up until the end where we're seemingly left wondering why they're still together or what their future holds. I can see how the uncertainty of the story and the uneasiness of the shots throughout the movie contribute to the disturbing relationship they share. A solid performance from Leonardo, Kate and Michael.

• Jul 05, 2020

Strong emotions but it seems like there is something missing for this film to be considered really good.

• Jun 29, 2020

Shocking and sad, one of the best films of its director.

Shocking and sad, one of the best films of its director.

• Jun 22, 2020

Melodramatic and often boring, yet Michael Shannon is so fantastic I can't hate it.