Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rise of the Planet of the Apes Reviews

½ October 19, 2016
Connected to the 1960s and 70s franchise only by its title, "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" brings an entirely new dynamic than the one present in the Charlton Heston film, while also promising an exciting franchise of its own.
October 7, 2016
The story is a well-done reimagining of the ape revolt told in Conquest of the Planet of Apes. Andy Serkis' Ceaser is also an outstanding performance. However, this movie lacks the hard socio-political edge that made the original series so great. I hope future installments will correct this.
August 30, 2016
Improving on the plot points from its' basis material Conquest of the Planet of the Apes (1974), this film has an impressive science fiction story that includes a negative satire of human control towards animals and a very pessimistic tone expressing the horrors of social Darwinism and careless creation of unstoppable disease. The film's ending is similar to Animal Farm and King Kong. I have been looking forward to the announced sequel, and I also enjoyed it.
½ August 27, 2016
Diretto con uno stile unico, L'alba del pianeta delle scimmie pone delle solide basi per creare un franchise che promette molte sorprese. Grazie ad una trama molto lineare il film non annoia mai e propone sempre nuovi sviluppi, in un crescendo di emozioni ed azione che coinvolge chiunque con facilità. Nonostante il film sia già uscito da 5 anni gli effetti speciali della computer grafica sono molto buoni ed esprimono con molto realismo il linguaggio del corpo dei primati. Il film presenta sporadiche incongruenze e personaggi leggermente scontati, ma nessuno di questi due aspetti intaccano la qualità generale della narrazione: il reboot della famosa serie cinematografica inizia in modo molto convincente.
August 17, 2016
I really enjoyed this spin on the Apes franchise. Caesar's origin story was executed brilliantly in my opinion, and James Franco's acting didn't disappoint. I loved the plot, the CGI was great, the action scenes were seamless, and the conflict between man and ape was portrayed beautifully. This movie gave new life to The Planet Of The Apes and it's no wonder why.
August 16, 2016
Além da presença do James Franco atuando no piloto automático e a performance quase amadora da Freida Pinto, PLANETA DOS MACACOS: A ORIGEM carece de certa substância na narrativa. Apresenta, porém, grandiosos efeitos visuais que merecem ser vistos.
½ August 16, 2016
Got bored once they escaped.
½ August 13, 2016
A well directed film with all the right emotional notes combined with some powerful acting, despite it's convenient plot and some clichéd elements.
August 11, 2016
Rise of the Planet of the Apes is a well-written and spectacularly acted film with a great motion-capture performance from Andy Serkis.

V: 76%
½ July 30, 2016
Great film loved the plot and the special effects were amazing, The ending was not what I expected, Overall way better than I first thought it would be, A thrill ride from start to finish and must not be missed.
July 29, 2016
One of the great action hits of our time with an impressive performance from Andy Serkis!
July 28, 2016
It's not quite as good as its sequel, but this reboot/prequel to Planet of the Apes boasts just as good CGI, and better human characters.
½ July 25, 2016
I expected to see plenty of action scenes of apes wreaking havoc and I certainly got to see that. What I didn't expect was the emotion behind the plot. There were many scenes that made you feel for Will (James Franco) and the ape Cesar. The story was good and flowed very nicely. I hope it will be followed with a sequel.
July 21, 2016
Angry talking monkeys...you can't lose!
July 20, 2016
A strong opener to a hopefully big franchise, the most impressive feat is its ability to fit so much story into an hour and 40 mins. What makes this really special however is its dedication to the character of Caesar, becoming an origin and rise of his character with other characters such as James Franco's missing out and playing little part towards the movement of the plot in the third act.
July 12, 2016
Apes doing cool shit for 2 hours, and developing to the point that they seem very human, both in action and sentiment. And there aren't enough dumb Hollywood movie cliches to detract from it.
June 29, 2016
good but plot a little dry
½ June 19, 2016
Jaw-dropping visual effects with good performances and engaging action.
June 13, 2016
Doubt anyone saw this coming. One of the best reboots ever and easily one of the best films of 2011. Unlike 'Transformers' or some generic superhero movie this not only is filled with action & entertainment, but the acting, writing and heart are equally impressive. James Franco & John Lithgow are both superb in their performances, but the real star of this is Andy Serkis who really brought Caesar to life. The film doesn't have a dull moment and I wouldn't have changed a thing about it. Spectacular.
½ June 5, 2016
"Rise of the Planet of the Apes" offers high concept sci-fi ideas, one of James Franco's best performances, and great special effects and a great motion capture performance from the likes of Andy Serkis. It's a must-see for fans of thought provoking sci-fi and exciting, visually thrilling action films.