Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Reviews

February 9, 2019
No magic powers being served in a silver platter
No ridiculous love stories
No absolute good and absolute evil
No plot shields

This movie is everything we ever wanted from a movie that is meant to expand the universe of star wars, while also setting a less cartoonish tone for the war between the rebels and the empire.

Everything all the other disney movies failed to deliver.
½ February 8, 2019
The Worst Star Wars Film, So Far
February 8, 2019
Compared to the weak "The Force Awakens" , the forgettable "Solo" and the worst movie of all times, "The Last Jedi", this one is a passable addition to the Star Wars Universe.
Darth Vader steals the show whenever he is on screen.
½ February 6, 2019
Nope. Got this as a gift with Star Wars the Force Awakens. Returned them both, unopened. Once was more than enough, thank you.
February 6, 2019
This film filled me with hope that Star Wars was in good hands with Disney....then the Last Jedi happened. Rogue One is one the best Star Wars films. Its humor isn't jarring and misplaced, character's motivations and decisions make sense, there isn't a single pointless sub-plot in the whole movie, and it has a strong emotional impact at the end that not only ties in with the original trilogy, but also fill a decades old plot hole.
January 30, 2019
Great addition to the series. Draws from the other movies and existing SW canon while also incorporating a great new cast of interesting characters. Female lead and diverse casting done right!
½ January 27, 2019
Fills a huge plot hole from the original trilogy and holds up to the original material. Cast is great and this is basically a war movie. As someone else said this was the real suicide squad. I'm a big Star Wars fan and this is easily the best of the new material.
January 26, 2019
Yes, I am late with this one, but whatever. This is by far, the only outstanding Disney Star Wars movie, PERIOD. Nothing is going to best Rogue One in the Disney Star Wars category, fight me. The characters are just amazing and they all have an amazing story, even K2-SO! It does get devastating in the end, but it's followed up by one of the best scenes in Star Wars, so it makes it up. Everything about this movie, the story, conflict, comedy, emotional moments, just everything is perfect.
½ January 25, 2019
Rogue One adds a new chapter into the Star Wars Universe and instantly becomes One of my favorite movies, not only it is epic and Well Made, but the nostalgia factor comes in and the action and third act pays off in a very good way.
January 24, 2019
FINALLY! A good STAR WARS movie. It's about time. Disney makes the first STAR WARS spin-off film, ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY. I really enjoyed this movie, because it didn't copy off the previous franchise, and it had an engaging and original story. ROGUE ONE has a worthy story to tell, and does it while boasting action-packed scenes and tense moments. A breath of fresh air.
January 24, 2019
It has the best space battle I seen. The first part of the movie is kinda slow but after the ending is really action pack and made you care about the character. I just wish I care about them not only at the end
½ January 23, 2019
Rogue One does such a good job making you feel like this is an essential part of the Star Wars Universe. Like it has been here all along. The space scenes are the best in the franchise, and the characters are engaging enough that you're rooting for them all the way to the end. My favorite Star Wars film since Empire.
January 23, 2019
In comparing to The Last Jedi this is a masterpiece.
½ January 22, 2019
I couldn't expect more from a sequel. The finale was great and the plot extremely well thought out to integrate with the original films. The CGI inclusions of actors from the 70s worked really well for me and was a pleasant surprise. Only half a star lost for a cheesy Darth Vader scene.
½ January 20, 2019
This is my 5th favorite Star Wars movie. A great movie that gives a amazing back story to the how Princess Leia and the resistance got the plans of the Death Star so that the could destroy it. I love this movie and is one of my favorite movies I've seen in awhile. The performances from Felicity Jones and Diego Luna were spectacular. The visual effects and action scenes were fantastic. I loved the new robot K-2SO he was hilarious. The story and screenplay were great. Michael Giacchino's musical score was very good to. Also the cinematography was done well.
January 20, 2019
Rogue One is way too depressing to be a proper Star Wars film, too clunky and underdeveloped to be a well enjoyable film, but still manages to pull off one of the most memorable scenes in all of Star Wars.
½ January 19, 2019
Yes, this is how you tell a story in the Star Wars universe that was separate from the regular saga. There was a lot of love that clearly went into this and it felt like a classic film. Amazing job recreating Tarkin. Interesting characters and story line. It really felt like a piece of the regular saga without question. So far the only good SW film from Disney, although Solo wasnâ(TM)t bad, but that one just didnâ(TM)t feel like this. Very interesting perspective from the rebellion, and how the Death Star was developed. Was great to see it being used blowing things up, and of course the final Vader scean. So far the originals, prequels and this film are what I see as classics.
January 19, 2019
Best of the last Star Wars movies
January 17, 2019
I liked a lot what they did, i think it fill a lot of holes we had about tthe history in a very interesting way
½ January 16, 2019
Really good movie. I've seen it 3 or 4 times now. Fast paced, not trying to be woke.