Saat yan faan (Murderer) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Saat yan faan (Murderer) Reviews

½ July 20, 2015
So this was the one allegedly plagiarizing < Orphan >... no matter what, the "murderer"'s confession near the end was just ridiculous, & unconvincing at all.
November 11, 2011
I watched this movie 3 weeks ago.
since some of my fds still haven't watch it by that time, and in order not to spoil the fun of watching it, I write the review until now.
Starting with what I like:
Love
- Aaron's acting is really good, he likes a total psycho at the end of the film.
- with the audio effect, some of the scenes is really creepy and scary
- i luv some of the camera's shot. As a new director, he totally showed his talent by filming this movie
- nice work of the movie poster. It is really really creppy. I dun dare look at it during nite >_<

Hate
- the first 2/3 time of the stroy is relly good, a normal detective story with many unsolved mysterious until it reveals who is the killer and it turns the whole story to a joke -_-!!
I m a open-minded person but the ending of the story is just outrageous enough to turn a creepy detective story to a hilarious joke (and from 1/24 stars to 2 stars).
If you still haven't watch this movie yet, I strongly RECOMMEND you to watch it. I ensure that it will make you laugh like hell!! haha!!
October 7, 2011
such a tense and heavy story
½ March 9, 2011
Sure it's batshit crazy, but I cannot deny that I didn't find it very entertaining. Great opening scene, though it runs quite long at 2 hours.
February 16, 2011
setelah kita dibawa menebak-nebak siapa dalang dibalik pembunuhan bersiap-siaplah disuguhi dengan twist yg gila abis...,
October 4, 2010
Terrible choice of movie, it started off as a promising and awesome thriller with its pace, but the later twist was...awful. The twist was poorly and horribly written.
August 29, 2010
How I wish the 2nd half or the reveal was not disappointing!
BRILLIANT setup through out the first half of the film.
A movie that might have joined the must watch thrillers if not for the stupid explanation of the 'revenge' and the killings that ensue!
½ August 28, 2010
好??????????????以????度?說?令人享??~
April 26, 2010
The script is interesting although there are lots that can be done better, the kid is one of the surprised. The first half is better , after the twist second half seems to fallapart from the major storyline and lose my desire to know wat happen next . Aaron acts so well as well~ being a crazy mad murderer!
April 15, 2010
The beginning of the movie is sensational, the plot is well build-up.
Few murderer scenes are stunning, especially the third victim, very terrifying indeed.
But the mood of the movie is kinda weird, the director do not have enought quality and skill to balance the feeling of ~intensify~ and ~heartbreaking~
That's the biggest mistake in the movie.
Aaron Kwok tried hard, but stil his acting skill is not perfect, too exagerate I guess, but overall he is doing pretty fine, especially the climax scene.
The most interesting part of the story is when the killer a.k.a. villain revealed.
I think that's a pretty surprise factor.
Very unpredictable indeed, but the way the director tell the story is not brilliant after all, very dissapointing, very draggy!
What a waste...
½ April 7, 2010
Worth seeing to understand how a promising movie could turn out so terrible. The story is preposterous and annoyingly told, and the twist elicits anger and frustration rather than shock or awe. I've lost my faith in Hong Kong movies...
March 20, 2010
The ridiculous final third makes it a potential cult favourite (together with Aaron Kwok's apocalypse style performance meltdown).
½ March 12, 2010
I don't think this is a good movie. The story is very similar to "the Orphan". And it's really silly not kill the murderer when there is a chance. I think it's not hard to kill the boy... {terlalu dibuat2...}
½ March 4, 2010
Good script and good acting by Aaron Kwok...
February 26, 2010
started good, the conclusion is a bit strange and really not that great but the buildup to the conclusion is quite interesting
February 26, 2010
Unpredictable ending, but has similarity with some hollywood movie. Just so-so...
½ February 24, 2010
Roy Chow is obviously a guy whose Ang Lee-connections don't work that well for him. Chow, allegedly involved in the production of Lee's Lust, Caution, fails miserably in suspending any kind of disbelief here, presenting one of the most hilarious twist-endings ever. But unintentional comedy aside, Murderer's biggest problem is it's utter dullness, and to compensate for all this boredom, leading man Aaron Kwok decides to go on acting overload. Lesson learned: keep away from any movie featuring a crying Aaron Kwok.
February 18, 2010
?港??編???????,??????orphan??????!
February 7, 2010
i watched this movie solely because of the poster :p
aaron kwok was so good in the movie, but the story was just so so... not pursuasive...
½ February 6, 2010
Aaron Kwok has consistently polishing up his acting skills in his previous films that I have high expectations for this movie. I guess I can't blame Kwok, but it must be the director's and the screenwriter's fault to come up with this joke of a movie. The first half was pretty good and Kwok gave a solid performance as someone who has to deal with paranoia. Then they decided to reveal the murderer and it started going downhill from there. I just couldn't stopped laughing, even Kwok's performance was going from good to laughable. And then came the ending, the worst part of the movie. It was like the screenwriters just gave up and just copied from every Hollywood movies they can think of. Bad!