Safe Haven - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Safe Haven Reviews

July 8, 2016
Me and him sat down and ordered and turned out to be a really good movie five stars two thumbs up If there's anyone out there wanting to watch a good movie, it this one right hear, it is sweet and romantic but a little drama so it's not too boring a good movie if you're in the mood for a movie download Netflix and watch this movie
June 20, 2016
One of my favorite movies based on Nicholas Sparks. Love this movie. Didn't care for some of the changes from the book to the movie.
½ June 8, 2016
An abused wife flees her sadistic cop-husband and learns to love again with a widower and his kids in what could be a Lifetime movie - complete with big twist ending! - save for the big name actors and director. Julianne Hough shows incredible vibrancy and emotional range out on the dance floor, but in summoning bodily restraint for a film role, she becomes a personality vacuum. Josh Duhamel seems at home enough as the hunky and jovial single dad, and David Lyons really creeps it up as the corrupt and deranged abuser, hot on his wife's trail. The movie is heavy on the folksy charm of a seaside tourist town and only skin-deep with the abuse recovery, but it's still guiltily watchable.
May 23, 2016
Loved it! Awesome movie!
½ April 17, 2016
If you like lifetime movies, this is basically what would happen if lifetime got higher budgets. Into it.
April 11, 2016
I thought it was a great movie.
April 11, 2016
This was like watching an After School high school production where they mixed plot lines with aspects of Sleeping With The Enemy, Notebook, & Message In A Bottle. The most unoriginal thing I've watched in a while plus the character development was so limited that I had no understanding why they fell in love with each other except for pure physical attraction. It's worth a quick sift through, probably better than reading the book if this is what it's based on. Saves you time, kind of like Clift Notes.

For formulaic Girl Flick entertainment, if that's all I'm looking to entertain me, no one does it better than the South Korean TV industry. International licensing is great. Get subbed versions for free by downloading apps like Viki & DramaFever. Better yet just go online and stream them on places like KissAsian. They're more interesting than this stuff.
March 11, 2016
I thought the movie was good. It was NOT ludicrous at all. What is ludicrous is the critics' review. Find another job.
February 24, 2016
Good movie love story!
February 23, 2016
incredibly corny and terrible acting with everything else you see from a Nichole Sparks movie
February 9, 2016
Gud film but more 4 women!
January 7, 2016
Good plot/storyline but I'm tired of these insipid female characters. I'm glad the children's letters from their mom were not destroyed.

Loved the ending, too. Surprised me a little. Made me tear up.
December 26, 2015
Sentimental time-passer with a Highway to Heaven feel about it.
December 19, 2015
I've seen this film but I honestly can't remember the storyline that well need to watch it again but it was really good!
December 14, 2015
Really enjoyed this film nice, easy and sweet viewing and then the end ....oh the end caught me off guard completely. Such a moving end to the film.
December 3, 2015
Other than the crazy policeman husband .... What a sweet, romantic movie!! Sigh
November 27, 2015
A young girl running from her past arrives in Southport to start fresh.

Of course, once she gets there she can't help but fall for local store owner and recently widowed Alex. There's the typical elements of a romance film there given the fact Alex has two children, one who is excited at the idea of a new 'mother figure' and the other a bit more resistant.

All the while, we're left wondering about Katie's past though which ultimately does catch up with her - and perhaps not in the way we'd have originally thought.

This was a nice inoffensive movie and even though I picked the ending, for me it was more a 'oh wow, I was right' rather than 'I knew it!'
November 24, 2015
I don't usually watch these types of movies, but the song in the trailer hooked me for some reason so I gave it a shot. And it's not terrible. The story is strong enough, and the tease throughout the first 2/3 of the movie why Katie was were she was, starting with her running from someone onto a bus, and then through flashbacks. We see a cop looking for Katie though we aren't sure why. She finds her way to a little town on the water and slowly lets her guard down thanks to Jo and Alex. Of course then the secrets Katie has been running from find her and we head to a satisfying ending with a WTF moment thrown in at the end that I didn't see coming at all and don't mind despite how of the wall it is.

overall this movie isn't a bad one for the genre. The dialogue can be weak sometimes, but the decent story, beautiful setting and surprise at the end make up for it.
October 30, 2015
Not that bad , but no surprises here ...predictable my idea
September 2, 2015
Really enjoyed this. Yes it's predictable and yes it is formulaic but you would need to have a heart of stone not to be at very least charmed by it.