School of Rock - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

School of Rock Reviews

September 8, 2016
This is one of my favourite movies, and I always watch it when I'm sad. It shows that sometimes not winning is okay, and the broadway show of it right now is really good too.
August 16, 2016
One of my Jack Black favorites. It is a lot of fun and a unique movie. I enjoyed the music in it and the story is great. It is funny and unique. If you're a fan of Jack Black, it isn't one to miss. An excellent movie that is great for a wide variety of audiences.
August 7, 2016
I love this movie. Jack Black is great as a kid who never grew up.
June 23, 2016
This movie keeps you entertained as you witness, the start to The School Of Rock! Also, this film felt very similar to the movie 'Mohabbatein'.
June 20, 2016
Entertaining and a strong script to support it.
June 12, 2016
I get goose bumps every time I watch the performance and I have watched it a billion times it never fails to happen. Wonderful movie.
June 8, 2016
Alright but a bit boring
May 23, 2016
A formidable movie with a tightly written script and Linklater doing a great job as director, pushed over the edge by Jable's adorable performance and surprisingly great acting from the children. Something important to this movie is the message of rock and roll, how it unites people and brings happiness to their lives. This movie is not just a ninety minute barrage of references to popular metal bands so stoners at home can look fondly at their Judas Priest posters and think 'Hey I also know of that band'. It actually treats it subject matter with sincerity, and fishes a charming story out of it.
May 15, 2016
School of Rock is a funny, charming film that benefits from Jack Blacks energy which I think just makes the script sound that much better and lifts the children's performances as well. Sometimes the characters feel unrealistic like cartoon characters though because of the wacky decisions they make. No serious problems though in this harmless comedy.
May 14, 2016
Awesome movie, and that's an objective fact. I guess some people hate it because it's anti-their precious establishment.
½ May 13, 2016
Funny movie, interesting plot line.
April 26, 2016
One of the most remarkable musical, comedy movies I've ever seen in my life. I hope that one day I can see a movie could do better than this cheerful one.
April 4, 2016
Boasting an incredible cast and a killer soundtrack, this lighthearted family comedy holds incredibly strong messages underneath the brilliantly funny dialogue and surprisingly good acting from a cast of mostly kids. Jack Black shines in one of his best movies yet, as Dewey Finn, a failed heavy metal guitarist who secretly takes a job from his substitute teacher roommate at an elite private elementary school, unable to think of what to teach, he discovers the rock stars within the kids and signs them up for the battle of the bands. This movie is one of Linklater's best, and is not one you can afford to miss.
April 3, 2016
Best From Jack Black!
March 31, 2016
The magic in this masterful comedy is Richard Linklater's direction. This is a Hollywood premise made with a Hollywood cast in a purely indie spirit. "School of Rock" is Linklater at his most kinetic, and Jack Black in an insanely lived-in role the magic of which will likely never be seen again. This is one of my favorite comedies, and it's unbelievably watchable!
March 30, 2016
First time watching it in a long time and I still can't get enough of it.
March 27, 2016
Love Jack Black and love rock music so turns out to be a classic
March 22, 2016
The Gods of Rock smile on this film
March 16, 2016
Awesome movie so fun
½ March 16, 2016
This is the kind of stuff Jack Black should be doing now! I didn't see this movie until about year ago and it was a really fun film! The kid actors are great, the comedy is hilarious, and it's absolutely entertaining! I would watch this over and over again.