School of Rock - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

School of Rock Reviews

½ October 25, 2018
I wouldn't tell Picasso to sell his guitars; I would tell him to watch this movie.
½ September 28, 2018
With a gleefully ridiculous concept, and assured direction that sets Jack Black free to go off the walls, this original and catchy comedy makes for the kind of fun that is best served without education in mind.
½ September 27, 2018
Comedia para jóvenes y grandes, y rock clásico en una misma película, combinados a la perfección, más una de las mejores actuaciones de Jack Black hacen de este film una película de culto.
September 22, 2018
Good acting combined with amazing music creates a great movie starring the one and only Jack Black. Featuring music by bands like AC/DC School of rock is a movie not to be missed.
September 21, 2018
Ridiculous plot, not many laugh out loud moments. I'm in the minority I know but I don't see what people liked about this piece of garbage.
September 20, 2018
This is the best movie of all time!!! I absolutely love this movie and watch it every time I feel sad!!!
½ September 20, 2018
The perfect role for JB, I don't even think he had to act, he just did what he does best: rock.
August 25, 2018
A hilarious hard rock adventure for any family.

Richard Linklater directed School of Rock (2003) with a ingenious mind. Endless sweeping panning shots to slow zoom outs and more grace the screen thanks to Linklater's directorial style. His vision leads every scene with a genuine love for rock music and good times. There are many innovative sequences and cool shots to love here.

Mike White wrote his greatest script with School of Rock. White captures the desperate rock wannabe with a passion for music into a likable story about a man that teaches kids to have fun. Wonderful jokes, clever lines, and plentiful quotable lines makes SChool of Rock truly special. This movie enthralls you to its heavy metal and hard rock soundtrack and its punk rock philosophy. This is do it yourself attitude to its logical extreme. I love it.

Jack Black leads a host of talented child actors. Black is a great singer in his own right, a likable if bumbling hero, and a joyous comedic talent. Black is perfectly suited for the role of a failed rock star trying to pay the rent, much like his Tenacious D persona. I his charisma and energy that is absolutely infectious. You cannot help but enjoy Black whenever he is on screen.

In all, Linklater followed up his iconic coming of age comedy Dazed and Confused with the highly entertaining School of Rock. I must have seen School of Rock at least 10 times now, and this movie never gets old. Rock on, viewer!
August 15, 2018
A beautiful mix of comedy and rock n' roll whoever made this movie is a genius
½ July 8, 2018
A musical comedy that will be resonate particularly well with all rock n roll lovers. The cast of talented schoolkids hemmed by Jack Black is laudable and praiseworthy. The music is foot tapping and exceptional. School of Rock does justice to the cornerstone of rock n roll.
½ July 5, 2018
It was an compelling movie and over all entertaining
June 27, 2018
gotta love jack black
June 22, 2018
I am sure that everybody will love this movie. It made me laugh from the start to the end of the movie. Especially, Jack Black's acting was the best. He was the main reason I got to like this movie. Also after watching this movie, I became a big fan of him, and I'm sure that plenty of others will, too. The student's (they might be older than me now) acting didn't seem like they were students. In conclusion, what I want to say is that it's the best movie ever, and I want to recommend this movie to everybody who didn't watch this.
May 9, 2018
This is a perfect movie. The low audience score is sad.
½ May 7, 2018
Uno straripante Jack Black fa da colonna portante a questo divertentissimo film a tema musicale. La storia semplice, molto coinvolgente ed intrattiene con estrema facilit un qualsiasi tipo di pubblico. Non si nota un certo stile particolare nella regia o negli aspetti tecnici in generale, che restano piuttosto convenzionali e non spiccano per espedienti stilistici che risulterebbero superflui e quasi inopportuni. Quello che rapisce tutta la struttura della narrazione e l'evoluzione dei personaggi, che rendono il film intrattenimento allo stato puro. Nel complesso si tratta di una commedia praticamente perfetta, che diverte, coinvolge ed allo stesso tempo insegna un messaggio positivo e mai scontato.
April 24, 2018
Stickittothemaniosis
½ March 6, 2018
HILARIOUS MOVIE. gREAT ACTING.
February 21, 2018
This is childhood right there. Amazing.
February 10, 2018
School of Rock has charismatic actors, has an interesting and promising premise and it is original and refreshing at a certain point, but at the end of the day it is a formulaic predictable movie with a poor not credible script.
½ January 27, 2018
very funny, very entertaining comedy for tween famailes