School Ties Reviews

• 2d ago

It's a poor mans' Dead Poets Society but there is nothing wrong with that. Matt Damon shines as a conniving high school student among the anti semetic crowd of this fictitious school.

• Dec 25, 2019

I think that this movie deserves a solid 2 stars, movie is set in the 50's at a prep school for boys. Fraser plays a jewish boy who gets bullied and stands up for himself to a bully, kind of deep movie, good cast and acting. Good story and plot of the film even though it reflects on being or almost being a hate crime, worth one watch in my opinion.

• Sep 26, 2019

it wont let me watch it

it wont let me watch it

• Jul 07, 2019

Finally watched School Ties this afternoon. Beautifully shot and designed. The cast were truthful in their performances. Really surprised by Brendan Fraser - he was amazing. Nice to see Amy Locane - perfectly cast for that era.

• Jul 01, 2019

excellent cast, they all grew to be great actors. dick wolf story told well. HE DID MAKE A SUCCESS OF HIMSELF........understatement! lol. worthy of a watch.

• Jun 17, 2019

Just rewatched after years gone by. Not exactly but did smack a bit of Dead Poets written a few years before. This was pre-Oscar for Affleck and Damon as well. Brendon Fraser to me is a seriously underrated actor who flirted with A list with The Mummy, and with films like School Ties and Gods and Monsters, he definitely was a part of some clunkers that didn’t exactly help his career.

• Apr 02, 2019

While interesting at times, the plot of this film is easily predictable and takes away from the impact this film could have

• Nov 02, 2018

A timely movie considering recent events. Worth watching.

A timely movie considering recent events. Worth watching.

• Sep 20, 2018

A nice written timepiece film of prep school dynamics of a student who hides his religion to be excepted into the academy. The cast of young hunks give a delivery of well acting , before their mega stardom.

• May 12, 2018

A cliche, ham-fisted, and yet slightly affecting guilty pleasure written by the same guy who gave us the far superior youth drama Taps. Also, don't be mislead by the current marketing of this film because while it boasts an impressive cast by today's standards, it was made in 1992, so this is what you can expect: Damon is the under-billed antagonist in Fraser's movie, in which he is cinematically fondled, O'Donnel is flaunted but still somehow underused, and Affleck is practically a background extra.