Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World Reviews

½ March 22, 2018
This is one of the stupidest movies I have ever had the misfortune of watching. I will never get the time I spent watching this movie back. If I hadn't promised someone I care about I'd watch it, then I would have turned it off. Don't waste your time.
March 16, 2018
Admittedly a little repetitive, but you won't mind. Excellent direction ensures that all odd bits of this unique puzzle come together, exploding with lively ingenuity when they do. Performances and visuals are particularly well-done.
½ March 15, 2018
A future classic. For fans of the comic, this is a great treat from Edgar Wright. For those who aren't aware of the comic, this is still very enjoyable. Scott, played by Michael Cera, is a lovable geek that we pity until he unleashes his video-game style battle. Mary Elizabeth Winstead plays a perfect Ramona Flowers. A cute, edgy character loved by many. All the exes are perfect, and all have interesting individual aesthetics. I appreciate the under the radar representation. For example, Wallace is utilized as a roommate, but overused for a bit because of his sexuality. The inclusion of Roxy probably threw off many viewers, but the fact that they just let the fact that she was one of Ramona's exes was normal is great. They did not over-saturate the plot point on her bisexuality. The protagonists are all fun and enjoyable, and the villains are as hated as they are characterized to be. This film balances both a nerdy aesthetic and a unexpected love story to create a super entertaining experience that many struggling teens could probably relate to. Hopefully this film lives on as a teen cult hit for years to come. 9/10
March 3, 2018
Best movie in the universe
February 18, 2018
The greatest movie of all time.
February 15, 2018
Un film qui me fait toujours autant vibrer !
February 7, 2018
One of my favorite movies of all time. Great Plot. 2 of my favorite things in this movie, video games and music. The Music genre that Sex Bob Omb played is pretty much indescribable, but its pretty sick. Plot stays in one, branches off at some points, but overall, probably one of my favorite movies of all time.
February 5, 2018
I loved the nerdy comedy and the charm of all the video game effects. The main character felt relatable and the story was really entertaining!
February 1, 2018
Hilarious. Action-packed. More meta and more hipster than 81% of its audience realizes. I lament its poor box office every day.
January 30, 2018
Edgar "The Top Bloke" Wright. A+
January 28, 2018
Scott Pilgrim doesn't strive for much, but in a positive sense. No cheesy, basic romantic comedy garbage, or boring sappy dialogue . Just a fun, fast, and quirky movie with some fresh and creative special effects.
January 28, 2018
A very cool movie, but I would understand if anyone thought otherwise. Annoying at certain points throughout (Cera's patented whimpiness & Young Neil's (haha!) redundant comments. Mary Elizabeth Winstead hits all the right notes as Ramona. Serious, deadpan, smart, gorgeous and incredibly hot. And her first hairstyle, wow...
January 26, 2018
A fast-paced, funny, visually dazzling, and original movie that satisfied the geek in me that I didn't know I had.
January 18, 2018
I love this movie. Everything would be considered perfect if there was an improved ending. Other than that it has a lot of style and I like that
January 12, 2018
At first glance this looks like a comedy videogame but it's way more complex than that. It's simply amazing, the millenials ultimate homage.
January 8, 2018
When I saw it I instantly understood why the internet loves it. It's start is a bit shaky but it definitely gets better. So sad this movie bombed at the box office. It is amazing. It's simply awesome. The humor, characters, visuals. Everything is great in it.
December 27, 2017
The Honest Trailer describes this movie perfectly. A movie with no likable characters, with weird video game elements and stylings that are too inconsistent too add any actual charm to the movie. It's also drastically unfunny for a supposed comedy film. Very over-rated.
½ December 22, 2017
The visuals and sound design are nuts and very unique, making it look and feel like a comic brought to life. A couple of over-the-top parts and not so great comedy prevent it from being "awesome" though.
½ December 19, 2017
One of my favorite films back in high school. YEAH it starts out awkward, has forced video game references, but it does eventually kicks it up a notch. Unfortunately, the romance develops too quickly, which romance is a big part of the movie. But the film has nice action, charm, and a unique style, there's still no other film that's like it, and any attempts to mimic it haven't surpassed it.
December 17, 2017
best movie by the best director