Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World Reviews

June 11, 2017
I may have seen this movie but not in a freaking long time!5/5!
June 4, 2017
An absolute nerd wetsdream to watch. Aspects of comic books, Japanese Anime and adding over the top Hollywood antics made it brilliant. Little video game parts as well really added to the awesomeness. I like Winstead in this, actually showed a bit of depth rather than a ditsy cheerleader. Cera was really cool as well, def a role made for him.
½ May 28, 2017
A great visual experience.
Entertaining, funny and extravagant, "Scott Pilgrim" is the perfect adaptation of the graphic novel of the same name, with a cinematic difficult to overcome in this area.
½ May 22, 2017
Visually dazzling with some funny moments... I had never read the comics, but I did feel it started to drag in the last half and left off with a little poignant, apathetic sandwich
May 21, 2017
I was pretty much blown away by this. I was giggling like a school girl at some parts, amazed by the action in other parts, and yes, rather touched in others. Scott Pilgrim will be the #1 film I've seen this year, unless something else just totally blows me away, and that will be very very hard. There's all sorts of little things I love about this movie. A big thing was how wonderfully fresh the gay characters were. While some people may have an issue with some of the stereotypes here, I myself was laughing uproariously at the lines being brought down. All the action sequences were downright cool too, oh, and the soundrack, oh, and the video game geekness about it. Arrrgh, so so so much goodness here. I gave this 4 1/2 though, because it doesn't QUITE work at the end, (oddly enough, just when Jason Schwartzman comes along) one fight too many it seems. Other then that. perfection.

REWATCH NOTES: Even better in the second watch. Loved every bit of it. Even Jason Schwartzman.
May 6, 2017
Scott Pilgrim is notable for its edgar Wright-ian visuals, which always make for an interesting comedy viewing, but I think this film's script excels in its handling of teen/young adult dating.
½ May 4, 2017
I love Scott Pilgrim vs. the World so much. It is one of the most entertaining films I've ever seen. Its video game visual style is amazing and so well done, the fights are all a lot of fun and so well executed and the characters are diverse in race and sexuality and so well developed and each one is very memorable. The humor is also terrific and it made me laugh quite a lot. It truly is one of the most underrated movies of the decade.
April 30, 2017
This is a really good movie
April 26, 2017
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World is what all comic adaptations should aim to be. It blends style, writing, acting, editing, directing and story better than almost any comic book movie I've ever seen. This is all thanks to Edgar Wright's lush style and sublime writing. Even if you're not a fan of the comic you'll still find the movie's style and comedic charm very engaging. This is not only one of the finest comic adaptations ever, it's also one of the best comedies ever made. Edgar Wright perfectly captures the typical teen love story turned action adventure/comedy perfectly and blends it with his mastery of visual comedy. I recommend this to anyone.
April 20, 2017
Great movie great effect great adaption of the comics
April 19, 2017
Absolutely loved this movie. Brie Larsen kills with her vocal skills in this. Introduced me to Mary Elizabeth Winstead. Gr8 movie!
April 18, 2017
The ending might differ from the source material but everything else about Scott Pilgrim v. the World remains just as fun and wacky as the graphic novel.
½ April 6, 2017
When I saw it I instantly understood why the internet loves it. It's start is a bit shaky but it definitely gets better. So sad this movie bombed at the box office. It is amazing. Even with the whole style over substance approach it goes for. It's simply awesome. The humor, characters, visuals. Everything is great in it.
½ April 2, 2017
Uma das melhores adaptações de HQs.
½ March 29, 2017
Fun enough and good visuals
March 26, 2017
Scott Pilgrim is without a doubt one of the funniest, most spot on comicbook adaptations. Almost everything mirrors it's graphic novel series counterparts perfectly, aside from a few major differences in order to keep the flow of the story going. It's funny, charming, inventive, and by viewing cliches from other angles, it is drastically different from everything else by being fairly similar. Michael Cera plays a charismatic lead as Scott Pilgrim, the loveable loser (who has been made to seem a lot more of a bad person than he was in the comics) who does onscreen wonders alongside Mary Elizabeth-Winstead's Ramona Flowers. Both breathe fanatical life into the characters, looking just like Brian Lee O'Malley's drawings, and with Edgar Wright in the director's chair, style is put before substance, and wow, does the style carry the film where it's lacking plot can't. It's got heart, humor, stellar performances from young actors and a razor sharp wit. Coming from a comicbook nerd and cinema nerd, this makes my see it before you die list.
March 21, 2017
Funny, vibrant and an all round charming, feel-good flick, 'Scott Pilgrim vs The World' is an enjoyable watch, even if it does drag a little as we transverse through the eccentric ex-lovers.
March 15, 2017
At first glance this looks like an insanely funny romantic comedy videogame but it's waaay more complex than that. It's simply amazing, the millenials ultimate homage.
½ March 12, 2017
Buoyed by Michael Cera's hilarious performance as the title character, the movie greatly benefits from Edgar Wright's engaging, intelligent direction sprinkled with colorful effects and enjoyable music, let alone its stockpiles of great off-beat humor.
½ March 11, 2017
A film that doesn't let too much plot get in the way of the fun.