Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World Reviews

February 18, 2018
The greatest movie of all time.
February 15, 2018
Un film qui me fait toujours autant vibrer !
February 7, 2018
One of my favorite movies of all time. Great Plot. 2 of my favorite things in this movie, video games and music. The Music genre that Sex Bob Omb played is pretty much indescribable, but its pretty sick. Plot stays in one, branches off at some points, but overall, probably one of my favorite movies of all time.
February 5, 2018
I loved the nerdy comedy and the charm of all the video game effects. The main character felt relatable and the story was really entertaining!
February 1, 2018
Hilarious. Action-packed. More meta and more hipster than 81% of its audience realizes. I lament its poor box office every day.
January 30, 2018
Edgar "The Top Bloke" Wright. A+
January 28, 2018
Scott Pilgrim doesn't strive for much, but in a positive sense. No cheesy, basic romantic comedy garbage, or boring sappy dialogue . Just a fun, fast, and quirky movie with some fresh and creative special effects.
January 28, 2018
A very cool movie, but I would understand if anyone thought otherwise. Annoying at certain points throughout (Cera's patented whimpiness & Young Neil's (haha!) redundant comments. Mary Elizabeth Winstead hits all the right notes as Ramona. Serious, deadpan, smart, gorgeous and incredibly hot. And her first hairstyle, wow...
January 26, 2018
A fast-paced, funny, visually dazzling, and original movie that satisfied the geek in me that I didn't know I had.
January 18, 2018
I love this movie. Everything would be considered perfect if there was an improved ending. Other than that it has a lot of style and I like that
January 12, 2018
At first glance this looks like a comedy videogame but it's way more complex than that. It's simply amazing, the millenials ultimate homage.
January 8, 2018
When I saw it I instantly understood why the internet loves it. It's start is a bit shaky but it definitely gets better. So sad this movie bombed at the box office. It is amazing. It's simply awesome. The humor, characters, visuals. Everything is great in it.
December 27, 2017
The Honest Trailer describes this movie perfectly. A movie with no likable characters, with weird video game elements and stylings that are too inconsistent too add any actual charm to the movie. It's also drastically unfunny for a supposed comedy film. Very over-rated.
½ December 22, 2017
The visuals and sound design are nuts and very unique, making it look and feel like a comic brought to life. A couple of over-the-top parts and not so great comedy prevent it from being "awesome" though.
½ December 19, 2017
One of my favorite films back in high school. YEAH it starts out awkward, has forced video game references, but it does eventually kicks it up a notch. Unfortunately, the romance develops too quickly, which romance is a big part of the movie. But the film has nice action, charm, and a unique style, there's still no other film that's like it, and any attempts to mimic it haven't surpassed it.
December 17, 2017
best movie by the best director
December 15, 2017
I love this movie. I watch this movie at least 5 times every year and every time I see it is like the first time. Hi rewatchability factor
December 15, 2017
what a fucking fun film indeed. Scott Pilgrim vs the world was such a well done film with tons of awesome action scenes that were very enjoyable to watch and very stylish its like you were watching a comic book come to life and it was very well crafted it does have the same feeling like baby driver in a way plus its also like a video games as well because the visuals in this film were fantastic and it really surprise me big time in this film like what baby driver surprise me big time too. Overall I love the film it was fun, awesome, and beautiful too because of the visuals and very action-packed as well. Well done Edgar Wright you done it again making a well crafted and very fun comic book film with style and awesome with well made lovable characters and cool stylish fighting scenes just like Baby driver but this is just way cooler. Good job and well done my second favorite Edgar Wright film and I fucking love so much.
December 12, 2017
Scott Pilgrim vs. the Movie Critic
So let me guess, one of your best friends is in shock that you still have not seen or even heard of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. Believe me, now that they know this bit of information about you, they will not stop the pestering you until watch this miraculous film to completion. Scott Pilgrim vs the World is one of those movies that you go into expecting something basic and ending up getting something way weirder and awesome than usual. It is filled to the brim with nerd and pop culture references to make geeks like me and you giddy. The movie takes place in a small town in Toronto, Canada, where Scott Pilgrim is a nerdy 22 year old that falls in love with the character Ramona Flowers. However, in order to be with her, he must face her seven evil exes to a duel and defeat them all.
This is one of those movies that would never make sense in the real world, but somehow is acceptable and understandable within the context of the movie. For example, The battles between Scott and Ramona's exes take place like a video game battle would. When Scott defeats his enemy, the ex explodes into a bunch of coins, very much like a video game. Scott then picks up the coins off the ground and they appear to be quarters. Scott then makes a comment on how it is not even enough for the bus ride home. The awesome part about this scene is that nobody is shocked by the person that has exploded into quarters; all of the characters accept this as normal, therefore, so does the audience.
There are moments when graphics appear on screen like the movie is a comic book. This is a nice callback to the graphic novel series by Bryan Lee O'Malley. For fans of the graphic novel, the little onomonopias that appear are a really nice touch that makes it feel like the books are coming to life. These little details make the film really unique, it is unlike any other movie I've seen, especially in terms of editing. Edgar Wright, the director of the film, had a lot of creative freedom that he utilized in his editing style while still staying true to the fans of the graphic novel series.
Even if you have never read the graphic novels, there is still a lot to love about this movie. References are made to a lot of things in our cultures; for example, there are parts of the movie where music from the classic video game, Zelda, plays in the background, bringing the audience even closer to that world. I remember watching this movie for the first time and thinking, "Wait a minute, this music sounds familiar... How did they even get the rights from Nintendo to put Zelda music in here?" I'm still not sure how they got the rights from Nintendo, but I was tickled pink by the fact this movie referenced my favorite video game franchise. There is also a scene where Scott walks into his apartment and music from Seinfeld plays in the background. The editing of that scene changes completely to make it seem like the classic reality tv show; a laugh track even plays after Scott busts a joke. It is amazing how just a change in editing can be a joke in and of itself.
Scott has a lot of relatable qualities that make this movie so awesome, because from the very beginning you are on Scott's side and want him to win. From his dramatic reactions, constant complaining, and awkward small talking, Scott shares a lot in common with my generation. When you see him battling it out to the death to get the girl of his dreams, you can't help but imagine yourself in his shoes. Overall, this movie was a heartfelt romance story, but it was told in the most epic, hilarious way it possibly could have. If you are like me, and like to imagine yourself in your favorite video game battling it out for the greater good, then you will love this movie.
December 11, 2017
One of the craziest movies I have seen!