Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World Reviews

January 22, 2017
A hilarious movie with great visuals and amazing characters, a new comedy classic.
January 20, 2017
Opens far more brilliantly than it ends, unfortunately, but the technique and the music make up for almost everything else.
½ January 14, 2017
Impassive excitement.
½ January 13, 2017
Style and wit are flowing plentiful, especially visually. Feels fresh and original, and yet also like something's lacking. Still has a 'masterpiece' ring to it and so very, very much to appreciate; even as you get a bit used to the style, the directorial creativity doesn't cease to impress. Well worth a watch.
January 6, 2017
Hassua, en yhtään muistanut että olin jo nähnyt tämän leffan. Jossain kohtaa jotkut jutut alkoivat tuntumaan oudon tutuilta, mutta silti olin varma että olin nähnyt tästä vain pätkiä.

No anyways, hassu sekoitus elokuvaa, videopelejä ja sarjakuvaa. Hauska. Tykkäsin. Taistelukohtauksissa nukahdan aina, mutta ei haittaa. Tämä oli niin erikoinen ja eri tavalla tehty audiovisuaalinen iloittelu, että ansaitsee neljä tähteä, puoli enemmän kuin viimeksi.

Aiempi arvostelu:

Ihanan erilainen leffa, joka oli hauskasti tehty, täysin surrealistinen, sarjakuvamaisilla kirjoitetuilla äänitehosteilla täydennetty hulvattelu. Leffassa oli potentiaalia vaikka mihin, siksi ihmettelenkin, miksi se kuitenkin jätti vähän kylmäksi.Jotenkin en ihan päässyt tunnelmaan mukaan, vaikka kovasti olisin halunnut tykätä tästä leffasta enemmänkin.
December 27, 2016
As a gamer myself I found a lot of enjoyment in this movie.
Visually this movie is gaming heaven with its Street Fighter-like visuals (I love how the villains turn into quarters once they lose). The script is also very fast paced and funny. I enjoyed these characters and the villains were pretty cool, even though some of them felt a little rushed and/or forced.
The 7 Evil Ex's are kind of a mixed bag. Some of them are great like I love the Vegan one in particular. Some of them are either too ridiculous or, like I mentioned, rushed in their part. Regardless, I really want to read the graphic novel now. Because this was one visual treat.

7.5/10 Great
December 15, 2016
It may perhaps feel a bit toned down with the PG-13 rating as opposed to the R rating of director Edgar Wright's two previous films Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz but Michael Cera shines in the role of the title character, the film has humorous moments, is visually dazzling and boasts some admittedly fun action sequences which are so nuts that they ought to be loved by even those who aren't familiar with the graphic novels making Scott Pilgrim vs. The World a truly entertaining film.
December 14, 2016
A very underrated movie. it pains me to have seen it do so poorley in the box office. the fight scenese are exciting and flashy, the angles and transitions or superb and the acting is near perfection and has great timing.
½ December 8, 2016
Very well-executed, great cast
November 24, 2016
I still remember this movie after 5 years!
November 21, 2016
Scott Pilgrim is such an original film that it definitely kept me hooked throughout however unfortunately the film definitely had its low points where I was a little bored and found the sometimes washed out colours and snowy atmosphere helped edge this along too. When the film is good, its fantastic and I found some of the scenes literally had me laughing out loud. The performances are amazing, particularly from Cera who I've yet to see a bad performance from and he has great chemistry with Mary Elizabeth-Winstead. Brie Larson and Kieran Culkin also give really funny performances and deliver some amazing one liners. The special effects are unique and quite cool to watch and the 8bit-ness of the action compliments the softer and quite literal in approach love scenes that are laced throughout.
November 6, 2016
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World is a unique movie and has a good enough story to keep you watching.
½ October 31, 2016
One of the most exciting videogame-influenced films with the appropriate special effects to back it up. With Edgar Wright directing this great over-exaggeration of the teenage mind, you can help but just have good fun throughout the entire movie. Although suffering from a slightly lackluster ending, it makes up for this with heart and character. With more than just a great concept behind it, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World makes for a unique piece of film history.
½ October 30, 2016
An epic of epic ness.
October 23, 2016
A contrived, but inventive and visually stunning teen rom-com made for video game and graphic novel enthusiasts alike.
October 16, 2016
When somebody mentions comic book movies, the first things that probably comes to mind are movies like The Dark Knight and The Avengers. For me, nothing comes close to a perfect comic book movie like Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. Based on the series of graphic novels by Canadian cartoonist Bryan Lee O'Malley, the film follows the 22-year-old titular character as he battles seven evil exes to win the heart of his new girlfriend, Ramona Flowers. It's a very overlooked movie, and is known as a cult classic, but it his hilarious and one of the best films I've ever seen.

The cast is very good, with stars such as Michael Cera, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, and Brie Larson playing main characters. The writing is hilarious, and there are many funny lines and references. The director, Edgar Wright, actually co-wrote the 2015 superhero flick Ant-Man, which is another favorite of mine. For a two-hour-long film, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World does an outstanding job balancing all of the characters and subplots that there are, which is something that the mediocre Spider-Man 3 had trouble doing. Scott Pilgrim does it so well, giving those minor characters a the perfect amount of screen time so you can invest in them a bit more.

The action sequences are so well done. The filmmakers really got creative with them. Each fight between Scott and an ex is stylized to appear like a video game boss battle, complete with hit combos, 1-ups, K.O's, and sound effects (with the word appearing on screen). It's pure geek awesomeness, with each scene being very well choreographed as well. There's even a scene that's a take on Seinfeld, with the music, laugh track, all of it. It's these moments of levity that really make the film unique, when compared to other comic book movies.

If you're looking for a funny, awesome comic book adaptation, rent Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World from your local DVD rental store. If you just want a movie, well...rent Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World from your local DVD rental store. It's the best comic book movie of all time, and mixes the action and romance genres perfectly.
October 10, 2016
My favorite Edgar Wright film. This is comedic gold from every angle. The visual jokes are hilarious, the spoken ones hysterical, and the acting and directing is just pitch perfect. This is how you make a comedy.
October 8, 2016
I just finally saw it and I love it; isn't that sad?
October 1, 2016
This is a movie. It exists. All that needs to be said.

Well other than the vegan powered ex-boyfriend whose weakness is half-and-half milk, and get deveganized by vegan police after he drinks it.

Yeah, that just about explains it.
September 24, 2016
Best comic book film. Ever.

As my first Edgar Wright film, I had a lot of expectations for this movie; I was expecting a fast-paced, action packed comedy, and I certainly got that. The movie has the kind of style that you either love it or hate it, love it for how playful and goofy it is, or hate it for being too bright and intense. I personally adore the style and detail in this movie, with Edgar Wright's attention to detail visible in every easter egg of the movie(if you don't know what I'm talking about, just try to find the numbers hidden based on the evil ex Scott is fighting). And that is something I think all movies should strive towards.

The acting is great, with Michael Cera selling the slacker role very well. The cinematography and special effects are dazzling, with fast paced action and comedy working side by side. The music is great, full of energy to compliment what's happening onscreen. And the writing is awesome, chock full of jokes and great dialogue.