Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World Reviews

September 19, 2017
Another hit from director Edgar Wright! Energetic and full of love, this film is non-stop action and comedy.
September 3, 2017
As someone who's not a fan of video games, I was admittedly apprehensive about 'Scott Pilgrim'; but with my favourite director Edgar Wright at the helm I thought I should probably give it a watch. Whilst it's well made and has entertaining aspects, an unlikable main character and ridiculous narrative stopped me from enjoying this one.
September 2, 2017
At least to me, this movie was original and funny and amazing in basically every aspect
August 28, 2017
Very good and the music was great
½ August 28, 2017
Saw this in 2017. One of the worst films I've ever seen. Absolute load of rubbish. Yuck!
½ August 23, 2017
Unexpectedly awesome
August 21, 2017
This movie is awesome!!!
Saw it and it became one of my fav movies. The sarcastic jokes and games effects of the original comics and games make this movie a kind of it's own.
½ August 19, 2017
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is like a video game. A video game you're watching someone else play, at that. With beautiful directing from Edgar Wright, and an amazing cast, this movie has great re-watchability, especially with its humor.
August 17, 2017
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is a visual treat that provides plenty of laughs in a surreal setting filled to the brim with a diverse cast of entertaining and easy to like characters
August 14, 2017
A smart, fast paced, and funny film. The script may not be as funny as its visuals, but Scott Pilgrim vs. The World succeeds at being what it is and outweighs its flaws by quite a lot.
August 7, 2017
This is a really awesome film. Every reference to pop culture was amazing (Mostly the Seinfeld one). Soundtrack and visuals were amazing. Cast performance was great. This is a must see film.

Continue?
9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1,
SEQUEL MUST BE MADE
½ August 7, 2017
Not my thing entirely because I'm not into video games and this kind of music, but it wasn't bad.
½ July 29, 2017
Probably one of my favorite movies! Though, I really wish they hadn't tried to make this WHILE the last book was being written, which means they end differently.
July 25, 2017
Wallace gives this 5 stars.
½ July 24, 2017
Annoying characters, nothing made sense, Scott was an idiot and Romana was a dull creature with no personality, which made me wonder why Scott was into her in the first place. One of those rare films that you hate but everyone loves. Guess it just wasnt my thing.
July 24, 2017
Another great edgar Wright comedy but has way more to offer than it's outstanding comedy and is filled with believable romance, great action and awesome antagonist who you just want to see get hit by Scott. This is a must watch and in my opinion edgar Wrights best film yet
July 21, 2017
Pretty good movie, some parts from the books were left out completely though.
½ July 19, 2017
Amazing adaptation that (mostly) does the comics justice. There are some characters that are left out from the comics and the characters that are in the movie lack some character development that would make the movie even better. I would have loved to see the scenes from the comic where Kim is kidnapped by the twins and Scott tries to save her but is hungover from the night before, and only wins the fight because Kim tells Scott that Ramona texted her wishing Scott good luck, and the scene where Scott visits Kim and talks with her and ends up fighting Nega-Scott. The entire plot point of Ramona disappearing to her dad's house wasn't used when it could have fit perfectly into the film, but was cut down for some reason. That doesn't mean it wasn't an amazing film, it had some stunning visuals and hilarious jokes, so if you just want a good film, watch the movie, but if you want the true 'Scott Pilgrim' experience, read the comics. You can get the full series in color for ~25$ online in the US and if you seriously don't want to spend the money, you can Google it and find the full series online. It is a great read, and goes into different events that aren't in the film. The film is still absolutely amazing and makes me question why it didn't do as well as it should have in the box office.
½ July 19, 2017
A film that is full of energy, fun, and wit. If I tried to explain this movie to you, you'd probably look at me with a confused look. That's how fresh this movie is. Edgar Wright never ceases to amaze me with the abundance of pure exhilaration that are in his films. This is probably the only movie that has a video-game-esque style that succeeds. Michael Cera is awkwardly likable, as he always is and he does a fine job in the title role. If you're looking for a realistic movie, don't bother with this one. Take a ride with Scott Pilgrim and escape into his exuberantly energetic fantasy world that almost constantly entertains.