Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World Reviews

April 23, 2018
I've seen the movie several times and really enjoy the style of the movie. Seems like teen movies have to have some cliche Italians but this one really pulls a lot of unique references from things like video games, bands and girlfriends. A very well stylized and updated version of the Teen Angst movies
½ April 17, 2018
Outstanding video game to movie interpretation
...and the soundtrack? fuhgedaboudit!
April 16, 2018
Boring. Weird. Slow.
½ April 15, 2018
I wish if the smartness and the inventiveness of the script hold up to the second half of the movie, like of the visuals do.
It's really strange that this amazing movie is Edgar Wright's worst one!

(7.5/10)
March 31, 2018
did you make some of those up..

Scott Pilgrim VS. The World

It not only takes guts to pull off such a petty and amusing concept to this extent but also skills on executing the tale, eerie world and portraying the amusing characters whilst connecting with the audience. Edgar Wright is in his A game and there won't be an inch of doubt after one leaves the room for he has got you right where he wants and that is on the edge of the seat. Although Michael Cera is hilarious the supporting cast like Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Anna Kendrick, Aubrey Plaza and some other cameos overpowers him on screen. Scott Pilgrim VS. The World is hilarious in its tone with witty writing that has smart comic sketches, rich funny details and amusing character that blends into a whole pack of entertainment.
March 30, 2018
Another Edgar Wright masterpiece!
michael e.
March 29, 2018
though i haven't read the graphic novel seeing this film really makes me want to. Its definetly the most creative film ive seen in years. Great effects, hilarious jokes like the part where the chinese girl comes over and scott leaps out the window, it brings to mind the moment from the wizard of oz where the lion gets so scared that he runs out the window. i also love the use of classic video game noises such as the sonic the hedgehog ring collection sound, the mario shrink noise, and the zelda link to the past music and sound effects.
½ March 26, 2018
This was the worst movie I have ever seen, truly sucked
½ March 22, 2018
This is one of the stupidest movies I have ever had the misfortune of watching. I will never get the time I spent watching this movie back. If I hadn't promised someone I care about I'd watch it, then I would have turned it off. Don't waste your time.
March 16, 2018
Admittedly a little repetitive, but you won't mind. Excellent direction ensures that all odd bits of this unique puzzle come together, exploding with lively ingenuity when they do. Performances and visuals are particularly well-done.
½ March 15, 2018
A future classic. For fans of the comic, this is a great treat from Edgar Wright. For those who aren't aware of the comic, this is still very enjoyable. Scott, played by Michael Cera, is a lovable geek that we pity until he unleashes his video-game style battle. Mary Elizabeth Winstead plays a perfect Ramona Flowers. A cute, edgy character loved by many. All the exes are perfect, and all have interesting individual aesthetics. I appreciate the under the radar representation. For example, Wallace is utilized as a roommate, but overused for a bit because of his sexuality. The inclusion of Roxy probably threw off many viewers, but the fact that they just let the fact that she was one of Ramona's exes was normal is great. They did not over-saturate the plot point on her bisexuality. The protagonists are all fun and enjoyable, and the villains are as hated as they are characterized to be. This film balances both a nerdy aesthetic and a unexpected love story to create a super entertaining experience that many struggling teens could probably relate to. Hopefully this film lives on as a teen cult hit for years to come. 9/10
March 3, 2018
Best movie in the universe
February 18, 2018
The greatest movie of all time.
February 15, 2018
Un film qui me fait toujours autant vibrer !
February 7, 2018
One of my favorite movies of all time. Great Plot. 2 of my favorite things in this movie, video games and music. The Music genre that Sex Bob Omb played is pretty much indescribable, but its pretty sick. Plot stays in one, branches off at some points, but overall, probably one of my favorite movies of all time.
February 5, 2018
I loved the nerdy comedy and the charm of all the video game effects. The main character felt relatable and the story was really entertaining!
February 1, 2018
Hilarious. Action-packed. More meta and more hipster than 81% of its audience realizes. I lament its poor box office every day.
January 30, 2018
Edgar "The Top Bloke" Wright. A+
January 28, 2018
Scott Pilgrim doesn't strive for much, but in a positive sense. No cheesy, basic romantic comedy garbage, or boring sappy dialogue . Just a fun, fast, and quirky movie with some fresh and creative special effects.
January 28, 2018
A very cool movie, but I would understand if anyone thought otherwise. Annoying at certain points throughout (Cera's patented whimpiness & Young Neil's (haha!) redundant comments. Mary Elizabeth Winstead hits all the right notes as Ramona. Serious, deadpan, smart, gorgeous and incredibly hot. And her first hairstyle, wow...