Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World Reviews

July 20, 2016
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is this kind of movie who make you powerful. It's funny, smart and full of good messages.
½ July 17, 2016
A film that doesn't let plot get in the way of the fun.
July 17, 2016
So much better than it looks. I'm ashamed that I DIDN'T want to see this movie. It's like dating someone you don't like and realizing she's your soulmate.
July 17, 2016
??????? ???? ?? ????? ? ??? ? ?????????? ???? ???? ...
??????? ?? ??? ? ?????? ???? ??? ? ??? ?????? ????? ??? ???? ?? ?????????
????? ?????? ???? ? ????? (???? ??? ?????) ?? ?? ??? ????? ????? ????? ???????? ??????
?? ??? ?? ?????? ?????? ???? ????? "??? ???? ??? ????? ???? ??!" ?? ????? ? ???????
?????? ?? ?????? ???? ? ???? ? ???? (???? ?? ?????) ? ???? ..., ?????? ????? ??? ???? ?? ??? ?? ???... ???? ?? ???? ????
July 16, 2016
I really like Edgar movies, and Scott Pilgrim is no different, the film is a lot of fun, the whole script is silly, but the mounts scene are great, the acting is good, the soundtrack is phenomenal, the film makes references to virtually all of pop culture, this the western films to horror movies, going through high school movies, super heroes, among others, it is a great honor, very well put together and fun.
July 3, 2016
One of the best comic-book films and also an amazing comedy! One of the best films of a generation
June 28, 2016
Movie like you won't see again but I felt too distracted and goofed out.
June 25, 2016
Random, Stupid and Silly, But Idiotic and Fun!
This is a combination of Kick Ass and Spy Kids Game Over Together.
A Young Tenager Fighting out of Real Life and into a kombat game.
It's much better than The Mortal Kombat Movies!
I had fun watching Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, And I Love how Chris Evans also stars in it.

Grade: B-
June 20, 2016
This movie requires a lot of suspension of disbelief because it is truly a comic ripped off the pages. But I truly love this movie. The second I finished watching I wanted to watch it again. Being directed by Edgar Wright it's phenomenally directed and edited, the music is fantastic and so is everything else about this movie
½ June 20, 2016
Edgar Wright style of directing it's so good, when it comes to this type of movies, it really brings Scott Pilgrim to life, it's so fun to watch, it's such a ride. With some amazing visuals, it feels like a game and a movie, Good stuff.
June 18, 2016
This is the craziest metaphor for relationships and coming of age I've ever seen. It embraces the cliche and parodies it at the same time in a way that's a lot of fun to watch. It's also pretty mindless and trite but it's stylish gloss makes it work.
June 12, 2016
Made by the same people who made Shawn of the dead, based on one of my favorite comics of all time.
½ June 11, 2016
I'm 62 and I like this film. I dont know whether or not you have to be tuned into any particular sensbility - I am certainly no aging punk, but I found it witty and clever with cute women. I liked the lame puns, and how it punctures pomposity and cliches. The film made clever use of fairly simple effects, such as the titles, and were original to me at least. I enjoyed the myth that "vegans are just better" and that blue hair made Knives "cool. A lot more clever word play and intelligence than in 90% of mainstream films. I'm not sure whether it bothers me whether or not I "care for" the characters. It reminds me of being in m y teens and early 20's when things happened so quickly. I must admit I find Michael Cera to be impossibly young, almost pubescent, but then i dont care for Leonardo DiCaprio either, and I prefer both to that lug Russell Crowe.
½ June 7, 2016
This movie dissapointed me. I heard so much hype about this movie and with Michael Cera as the main protagonist, I thought this would b a good movie.
Damn was I wrong.
This movie is bad.
The flow is crap, the transitions are confusing as hell, and the plot is down right boring.
Oh and that ending. (SPOILERS!) knives goes from wanting to kill Romona one minute to letting Scott be with her the next.
You can't do that. You just can't. It's moronic. Hell, this whole movie is moronic.
I know this is supposed to be a parody of video games and comic books, but they seem forced.
The band's name is the sex bo-bombs? That's pathetic. Don't force references like that. It just doesn't work that way.
If you're willing to look past the stupid plot, the horrible flow, and the crazy transitions that make Inception look normal, watch this.
If not, don't even waste that $1 getting it from Red Box.
June 4, 2016
An insanely fun movie about a boy fighting for the girl he loves, but in the least expected way possible. Edgar Wright infuses the film with so great characters and battles that kept me smiling throughout.
½ May 29, 2016
Although its script is a modest one, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World has enough one-liners, dazzling visuals, breathtaking fighting choreographies and an odd and unique tone to entertain.
½ May 26, 2016
The concept is unlike anything I've ever seen in a movie, and the way the movie connects the comic book adaptation into film is amazing. Lots of laughs and just really fun eye candy. I liked the alternative ending a lot more though.
May 23, 2016
Packed with inventive visuals, witty humour and unabashed geeky charm, Scott Pilgrim is fast-paced, hilarious and a hell of a lot of fun. It's not a film to be taken over-seriously, plays fast and loose with reality and the central character doesn't develop enough to be truly engaging. It's seemingly edited by someone with ADHD, and the quick and frequent cuts can become annoying at times, but it suits the tone and the style. It's a film that throws everything it can at you, and the majority of it is great. I was thoroughly entertained, was constantly surprised, and only got bored near the end when the fight sequences started becoming repetitive. The characters are quirky creations which never fail to draw a smile, and while it is frequently juvenile, the love story around which the plot revolves is very earnest and provides many genuinely heartfelt moments. I honestly believed that the 2 really loved each other and wanted to spend time together, and it truly anchors the film. While it might be too self-satisfied at times, and Michael Cera is once again playing the same character he always ends up playing, it's a must see for fans of comics, video games and nostalgic pop culture.
½ May 14, 2016
Le pondría 3.75 estrellas, no fue aburrida ni tampoco la gran cosa, al haberla visto antes ya era consciente de lo repetitiva que iba a ser la trama, sin embargo los detalles en la dirección son graciosos y bien ubicados. No podemos catalogar esta película como saturada, es una pelicula de Wright, y por mas que no sea la mas divertida de sus peliculas, es una pelicula, mirable y re mirable, Cera es magnifico haciendo de Cera, y el resto del elenco hace un decente trabajo, por cierto, es raro ver al capitan america en este papel, es el mas interesante de los ex novios, la menos interesantes fue la lesbiana. Lo mejor de la pelicula sin lugar a dudas es Wright, pelicula perfecta para mostrar que tiene, y no decepciono para nada.
No es mi favorita de Wright, pero podría decir que es la mas original en términos de ejecución.
15/05/16 - 01:15