Searching Reviews

• Sep 15, 2020

This is a completely different type of film, it is shot from the point of you of a WebCam from a computer. All the sequences are done and shot from the look of FaceTime, phone calls, or Internet browsing. Somehow the film carries a very suspenseful story while just looking at a singular computer screen the entire time. You are never really bored with the movie and you really care about the characters at the end of it. From the moment it starts your gripped with a beautiful family story that resembles the opening of UP (2009) from Pixar. It’s a murder mystery that builds heavy tension and never lets go. It’s a film not many people have seen but it breaks the formula of traditional film making.

• Sep 15, 2020

Exceptionally good, a hidden gem

Exceptionally good, a hidden gem

• Sep 14, 2020

A thriller happening on a computer screen. If you don't particularly enjoy when they use a telephone screen capture as a dialog in a movie, you will be very annoyed by "searching" I lost complete interest after 20 minutes, so did the other two that were watching this movie with me.

• Sep 04, 2020

It keeps you hooked for every twist and turn, even though some of them are predictable.

• Aug 30, 2020

Good plot, gripping, original.

Good plot, gripping, original.

• Aug 30, 2020

Great fantastic phenomenal crazy movie starring the guy from star trek and Harold and Kumar. This movie is flat out nuts and messed with me at every level. The suspense in this movie legit killed me. No pun intended but this is movie is amazing and I can't wait to see this movie again in the future. I like that this movie was pretty much all filmed on a computer or computer monitor.

• Aug 30, 2020

Really great Thriller-Drama with an Interesting Story and many Twists and Turns from Aneesh Chaganty. I mean just the Idea is worth a watch. RATING: 4,8

• Aug 26, 2020

It started out strong but ended weakly I felt. Not Debra Messing's best performance.

• Aug 26, 2020

I was very surprised and liked the way the film was shown entirely on computer screens. The story is actually known and predictable, but surprising twists keep the tension going until the end. Recommendable!

• Aug 25, 2020

Searching with a somewhat original take on filming with twist and turns. Although not your typical thriller, this was still tense with great performance by our character. I did like the twist, but i feel like this should have been more intense cinematically. Overall this was a surprisingly good thriller, but the direction was quite annoying, but original nonetheless!