See No Evil, Hear No Evil - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

See No Evil, Hear No Evil Reviews

November 30, 2017
critics need comedy lessons
½ October 23, 2017
Dumb quirky movie starring the guy from superman 3 and Willy wonka himself, gene wilder.
August 30, 2017
Don't listen to the 'critics on here. This film is REALLY well done and a classic. Must watch for fans of 80s comedies
jamrcla
July 18, 2017
Pretty funny in places, The story was good and I don't think its been done before, Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder both play their parts well which is why the film is as good as it is.
June 3, 2017
Gold from start to finish. What a double act and their last film together. This is probably just for fans of Wilder and Pryor but it cracks me up. "Fuzzy Wuzzy Was A Woman" timeless.
½ April 27, 2017
The 3rd and final buddy movie between Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder. Not as funny as their previous co-workings, but still an entertaining and fun ride. Lots of language and a scene of brief nudity. Seeing Kevin Spacey so young in his career makes it worth watching by itself. Rating: 7/10
February 19, 2017
It's good movie to watch
February 8, 2017
Great comedy duo, so funny & natural onscreen chemistry.

Think I'll have to catch their other movies together.

Eve: What do you think you are doing?
Dave: I don't know, I'm blind. But this is what they tought us at Braille school, to just feel around and see what's happening!

[8/10]
½ February 7, 2017
Good comedy. This is noting speacial and with the talent involved I feel the film could have been better but it is still a good film
November 5, 2016
Pure mindless fun. Genius and I havent laughed that much in a while. This movie helps me get over judging a movie by critics' choices.
October 12, 2016
There is massive comedy appeal in the premise of a deaf man and blind man accused of murder and having to work together to find the real perpetrators. So much potential material here, plus the solid pairing of Richard Pryor and Gene Wilde. The plot fails to develop much further beyond the basic chase and it does sometimes resort to childish slapstick (I guess the temptation of having a blind man walk into a wall is too hard to resist). Thankfully it passes as a good comedy due to effective exploitation of the characters' handicaps with clever dialogue and gags, including a brilliantly tense blind man shoot-out.
½ October 9, 2016
So much fun! Always loved this one. Wilder and Pryor ham it up to great effect.
September 27, 2016
I'm intrigued by the difference of opinion of pro reviewers vs audience. I can only surmise that the pros are conscious of the politically incorrect slant and this becomes an overweening concern. But who cares. The movie is funny, the timing of the two leads is exceptional. I love movies with no laugh track. Laugh tracks a la the boob tube are evil. "Hey laugh because everyone else is laughing!". In a movie, they fly without a net -- either they are funny or they bomb. Wilder and Pryor nail it.
September 27, 2016
Funny film if you take it for what it is. I can see how this could be seen as offensive to the blind or deaf though.
September 16, 2016
The jail sequence... it's not perfect but it's still great.
½ September 3, 2016
David Lyons (played by Gene Wilder), a deaf man, runs a convenience store. He recently hired Wally Karue (Richard Pryor), a blind man. A murder is committed in front of the store and both are present but due to their impairments, can't identify the murderer. Moreover, they are the police's prime suspects and are arrested for the murder. They manage to escape but now they have the police and the actual murderers after them.

A good comedy, with Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder at the top of their games and at the peak of their partnership. Some great skits, generally revolving around their handicaps, and some great one-liners.

The deaf-guy-and-blind-guy routine works very well and is reasonably consistent. There are a few moments where you figure "he couldn't have heard/seen that" but it is generally quite sound.

The broader plot does bring down the quality a notch or two though, regenerating into farcical chase scenes or cheap stunts and jokes at times.

As mentioned, great work by Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor in the lead roles. Among the supporting cast, Joan Severance is worth watching for many reasons: stunningly beautiful and gives a solid performance as one of the bad guys.

Kevin Spacey demonstrates that even great actors have to start somewhere (this was his fourth feature film): his gets to play a cartoonish bad guy with a silly accent and even sillier moustache and has very little room to show his acting talents. Yet, from such beginnings, great careers are born.

Good entertainment.
½ September 2, 2016
Pro: Really Funny.
Con: LOTS of swearing
August 30, 2016
A Gene Wilder & Richard Prior Classic
August 30, 2016
rip gene wilder. this film had me in tears of laughter from start to finish-which is unusual for me. critics score on this is interesting 18 per cent. which is the perfect example. that movie critics no nothing about movies