11'09''01 - September 11 Reviews

• May 26, 2017

Very moving and well-done. Some segments are in foreign languages but one does not need to understand language to feel sympathy for the characters. I kind of think that's the point of the film.

• Feb 16, 2016

Different unique perspectives on 9/11 that are informative and moving.

Different unique perspectives on 9/11 that are informative and moving.

• Sep 07, 2013

It doesn't feel like a 2-hour plus movie since each contribution is only around 11 minutes long. This works well to keep it moving at a nice pace. Each entry is fairly unique with an interesting take on the events that happened. September 11th is always an emotional topic, and the stories told here are treated with respect. A fine collection, but Iñárritu's abstract contribution was quite disappointing.

• Oct 18, 2012

O curta de Sean Penn: A escolha do ator foi inusitada: Ernest Borgnine foi vilão em muitos filmes entre os anos 1950 e 1960, teve papà (C)is de cowboys e militares (ele mesmo foi da Marinha norte-americana por dez anos e participou da Segunda Guerra Mundial) carrancudos. Neste curta, entretanto, ele representou um velhinho carismático. A fotografia do filme mostra em close todos os objetos velhos e ultrapassados na casa do personagem: relógio, gilete (e uma caixa com giletes usadas), óculos (que o personagem não usa, apesar de precisar)⦠Em alguns momentos, a câmera perde o foco. O alarme toca para avisar o que está por vir, mas o velhinho não presta atenção. A personagem não quer enxergar, não quer ouvir. Não à (C) só ele, no entanto, que não está prestando atenção ao que está acontecendo: na TV à (C) transmitido um programa que tenta descobrir se alguà (C)m à (C) gay ou não â" do ponto de vista do interesse público, irrelevante. Com a queda das Torres, o apartamento, enfim, se ilumina, e as flores mortas pela falta de luz renascem. Sean Penn, apesar de construir seu país de uma forma dura, deixa uma esperança, sugere uma possibilidade de fazer diferente. O curta deixa no ar a moral de que sempre dá mudar. A Amà (C)rica morta não existe mais, mas dá para fazer diferente, ela renasce â" como as flores do vaso. Review completa em: http://cibridismo.wordpress.com/2010/09/11/o-curta-de-sean-penn-em-11901-september-11-2002/

• Sep 15, 2012

This provocative international co-production brought together eleven acclaimed directors and asked them to make an 11 minute short in response to the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The result is a daring and moving global cinematic reply to the earth shaking events that continue to haunt our nightmares and shape world events. stars Sean Penn, Dzana PinjoD, Emmanuelle Laborit, Keren Mor, Lionel Zizreel Guire, Maryam Karimi and Nour El-Sherif. directed by Amos Gitai, Claude Lelouch, Danis Tanovic, Idrissa Ouedraogo, Ken Loach, Mira Nair, Samira Makhmalbaf, Sean Penn, Shohei Imamura, Youssef Chahine

• Oct 02, 2011

11 film makers from around the world each make a short film about 9/11. This stands as the strongest piece of 9/11 cinema that I've seen and it far more evocative than United 93 or World Trade Centre.

• Sep 11, 2011

Probably the best film based on 11'09''01 events.

Probably the best film based on 11'09''01 events.

• May 08, 2011

Sean Penn's contribution is tainted by those of Inarritu and Imamura. Conceptually appealing but the work as a whole is poor.

• Mar 26, 2011

a bunch of short stories about diff. people when 9/11 happened... i didnt think it was that great.

• Mar 24, 2011

This was a really neat idea that unfortunately left a lot to be desired. 11 different directors from around the world combined to make 11 short stories revolving around the events of september 11th. (10 fiction, 1 based on true events). The two I wanted to see the most ended up being two of the weaker ones unfortunately. My favorite director of the moment Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu from Mexico delivered, very surprisingly, the weakest one of them all. Quite frankly, it was pretty lazy. There wasn't much to it at all. Literally a black screen with audio for more than half of it. I expected a lot more from a guy who makes such unbelievably epic movies. I guess short vignettes aren't his thing. And from the United States, Sean Penn delivered a story that was far more creepy than anything else, and that has nothing to do with the events of 9-11. Old guy creepy. Which brings me to my main point about these stories. The events of 9-11 are more a bit player in the background than directly tied to many of these stories. Not quite what I expected out of a movie called September 11th. Still, it was interesting to get a global perspective on the event, even in fictional form. Africa was the most amusing, India was probably the best overall, and Japan was by far the most odd. Can't really say I'd recommend this one though. It wasn't nearly as compelling as I had hoped.