Sex and the City 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sex and the City 2 Reviews

November 9, 2016
Alice Eve's brief role is the only good thing in this movie.
½ November 6, 2016
Watched only because of season 2 of The Worst Idea Of All Time. Even then I wish I hadn't bothered. Absolutely appalling!
August 22, 2016
Nothing to be compared to the first.
August 1, 2016
Just like the first film, this sequel is stupid and stretches forever, following those four selfish, shallow middle-aged women whose pathetic personal conflicts never justify 146 minutes. And what kind of woman wears a vintage cream Valentino skirt while making muffins?
July 20, 2016
Call me biased but I love this movie. Give me all the Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte that you want. Take my money. Take it all!

It was hilarious and it had everything you could want in it. What am I missing? Why did people not like it very much?
½ June 9, 2016
This movie angers me.
May 27, 2016
I don't like this type of movie.
March 31, 2016
Something of a mess in its structure starting with one theme, then leaving it behind for a jolly up in what appears to be an unashamedly promotion for a country with a terrible human rights record. It's a farcical last 20 minutes too before bringing it back around to the initial 'trouble and strife' theme. It just feels stuck within its television series origins.
December 20, 2015
Presents the protagonists as materialistic shallow individuals who are apparently also racially insensitive, nothing alike to their television characterizations. An unfortunate take on what was once authentic character portrayals, now an over the top profit maker.
September 22, 2015
It was an okay 2 hours, totally pointless movie with no obvious plot, only four gals playing dress-up in the middle east. The only thing good about it is that they could keep the whole cast together.
June 19, 2015
Not as great as the first film but still good. A Sex and the City movie can never be boring.
June 13, 2015
Even fans of the series will have a hard time getting through this one. What got me the most was how ethnocentric and disrespectful this film was to other cultures. What is empowering for women in one culture is not necessarily so in another. Pull your head out of your ass King.
½ May 11, 2015
It carries (no pun intended) some laughs but Sex and the city 2 suffers from bad characters and a thin plot.
March 15, 2015
A bad movie with a terribly predictable plot....... This was a waste of money.
½ March 4, 2015
Better than the original.
February 21, 2015
Disappointing sequel :(
February 17, 2015
I would have given this movie a half star, but it did start ok and seemed to have a reasonable plot. However--for some unknown reason--it deteriorated into a wildly stupid plot that inexplicably brought these funny and charming friends to the Middle East. As I watched them in nuns garb, I wondered how in the name of the deity they got to that! If you expect any of the unexpected and surprising finesse of the original Sex in the City....don't. Don't waste your time, even on TV if there is a network brave enough to show something so bad!
½ January 28, 2015
Why did they make a second one of these?
January 20, 2015
Could have really tackled the issues but didn't
January 17, 2015
I really want to see this ,seems pretty funny,and love Jennifer Lopez ;)