Sex and the City 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sex and the City 2 Reviews

October 15, 2017
My problem with this film, that I was made to watch, was not the horrific materialism. I had been warned by other much better reviews. My problem wasn't the jaw dropping ungratefulness of these characters for their blessed lives. I expected that shortly after the initial dialogue. My problems even side stepped the cringe worthy stereotyping which mock both the integrity of women whilst mocking the rights of other cultures to be different, This I had been warned of by Mark Kermode's BBC review. My problem ended up in a simple elsewhere. I was warned and prepared for all of these things so that I could at least get through the ordeal by turning off my decency and enjoying the cheap laughs. There were no..... not one..... laughs.
February 11, 2017
Didn't I see this done better on an episode of AbFab?
January 16, 2017
A few minutes of Alice Eve is the only good part of this movie.
January 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 31, 2016
Kind'a glad I finally watched it.
½ November 6, 2016
Watched only because of season 2 of The Worst Idea Of All Time. Even then I wish I hadn't bothered. Absolutely appalling!
August 22, 2016
Nothing to be compared to the first.
August 1, 2016
Just like the first film, this sequel is stupid and stretches forever, following those four selfish, shallow middle-aged women whose pathetic personal conflicts never justify 146 minutes. And what kind of woman wears a vintage cream Valentino skirt while making muffins?
July 20, 2016
Call me biased but I love this movie. Give me all the Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte that you want. Take my money. Take it all!

It was hilarious and it had everything you could want in it. What am I missing? Why did people not like it very much?
½ June 9, 2016
This movie angers me.
May 27, 2016
I don't like this type of movie.
March 31, 2016
Something of a mess in its structure starting with one theme, then leaving it behind for a jolly up in what appears to be an unashamedly promotion for a country with a terrible human rights record. It's a farcical last 20 minutes too before bringing it back around to the initial 'trouble and strife' theme. It just feels stuck within its television series origins.
December 20, 2015
Presents the protagonists as materialistic shallow individuals who are apparently also racially insensitive, nothing alike to their television characterizations. An unfortunate take on what was once authentic character portrayals, now an over the top profit maker.
September 22, 2015
It was an okay 2 hours, totally pointless movie with no obvious plot, only four gals playing dress-up in the middle east. The only thing good about it is that they could keep the whole cast together.
June 19, 2015
Not as great as the first film but still good. A Sex and the City movie can never be boring.
June 13, 2015
Even fans of the series will have a hard time getting through this one. What got me the most was how ethnocentric and disrespectful this film was to other cultures. What is empowering for women in one culture is not necessarily so in another. Pull your head out of your ass King.
½ May 11, 2015
It carries (no pun intended) some laughs but Sex and the city 2 suffers from bad characters and a thin plot.
March 15, 2015
A bad movie with a terribly predictable plot....... This was a waste of money.
½ March 4, 2015
Better than the original.
February 21, 2015