Sex and the City 2 Reviews

• Oct 05, 2019

The dialogue is cringeworthy.

The dialogue is cringeworthy.

• Sep 19, 2019

Omg this movie was absolutely AWFUL!! Whoever wrote this script should never be allowed to write again! The storyline was extremely boring, the comedy (if you can call it that) was nonexistent, and the characters just didn't fit. Three of them are married and two have kids. Their lives are different and yet the characters don't ever evolve. Miranda is still uptight and a control freak, Charlotte still wants her life to be perfect, Samantha only cares about sex, and Carrie is still trying figure herself out. Completely boring and tiresome. You'd think they would have developed the characters better for the 2nd movie. So glad there won't be a 3rd film. Please do the world a favor SJP, let SATC die with this awful film and move on!

• May 09, 2019

So happy this ‘movie’ is on hbo since it is a TV movie. It makes us realize how truly empty it all was. New York (the special New York) is made by talented people in the arts not these idiots nor this fake world of ‘upper class’ white trash that seems so aspirational to the other group of white trash idiots that’s into it. (So glad the careers of these subpar actors did not go anywhere.)

• Apr 22, 2019

Great movie. Classic SatC plot and the characters are their wonderful selves. My only real dislike was the Kareoke which seemed really preachy, long and uncomfortable. Bonus points if Kim Cattrall and SJP were actually on the outs during filming because they still have the same best friend chemistry that they always had in the show and first movie.

• Apr 01, 2019

Itâ(TM)s a disgrace to the tv series. Itâ(TM)s so bad, I could slap the makers who are responsible for this sh*t. I wish it would not have ever happened.

• Jan 06, 2019

This movie was terrible. Carrie is too too old to be pulling the little girl lost simperimg, giggling persona. The plot was weak. A disappointment.

• Dec 16, 2018

Sex and the City 2 is all set-up with no pay-off. It's bad soap opera, and every time it comes close to addressing an interesting issue - such as how the reality of a marriage differs from the idealized preconception of one - it quickly backtracks, apologizing along the way for getting serious. Fans will bathe in this sewer of materialistic excess because they appreciate any opportunity to spend time with their favorite characters. Everyone else will stare at the screen in a state of enhanced boredom if the sheer tedium of watching this production doesn't shut down the brain altogether. The first Sex and the City movie was marginally watchable. There was a narrative line, the characters weren't consistently reprehensible, and the humor wasn't quite as forced. Sex and the City 2 has taken all that was bad about its predecessor and amplified it.(Materialism, consumption and nothing more: Avoid with a capital A).

• Aug 26, 2018

The worst. I wish there was a quarter of a star option. I beg you cable stations please stop playing this movie.

• May 01, 2018

Call me crazy but shouldn't there be some sex and the city?

Call me crazy but shouldn't there be some sex and the city?

• Sep 26, 2017

My problem with this film, that I was made to watch, was not the horrific materialism. I had been warned by other much better reviews. My problem wasn't the jaw dropping ungratefulness of these characters for their blessed lives. I expected that shortly after the initial dialogue. My problems even side stepped the cringe worthy stereotyping which mock both the integrity of women whilst mocking the rights of other cultures to be different, This I had been warned of by Mark Kermode's BBC review. My problem ended up in a simple elsewhere. I was warned and prepared for all of these things so that I could at least get through the ordeal by turning off my decency and enjoying the cheap laughs. There were no..... not one..... laughs.