Shadowheart Reviews

• Feb 17, 2019

Old-fashioned Western, made as if directly out of a do-it-yourself kit, barely average and highly forgettable.

• Sep 09, 2012

It's a made for TV western which is a bit too nicey nicey. An 11 year old kid with the whitest teeth I've ever seen leaves town when his dad is killed by the town nasty man. He comes back to seek his revenge with the most ridiculous fake moustache years later.

• Aug 03, 2012

A western that utterly fails the genre.

A western that utterly fails the genre.

• Feb 05, 2012

Initially while watching it, I noticed how cheap and amateurish this film looked and assumed it was made on a $10,000 budget. Once I had that in mind I thought it was impressive for being made on almost nothing since I know it's not easy to make a film set in another time period which requires old costumes and props. After I finished watching it I saw that the budget was $10 million and I lost all sympathy. Producing something this shoddy looking and poorly acted is an embarrassment to the western genre and to everyone who took part in it.

• Sep 02, 2011

There was a lot about this movie that I wanted to like, but it never quite got off the ground and the acting did little more than scratch the surface. Too bad, because there was a lot of potential, but it definitely failed to live up to my expectations.

• Jun 09, 2011

It at least held my attention for a good amount of time. Waaay too long of a movie. Poor writing/directing- I felt like I was watching a three hour episode of Dr Quinn. Also, the main character's eyes are too close together. Not his fault, but it bugged me.

• May 30, 2011

Assez pourrave pour un western ... decevant ...

Assez pourrave pour un western ... decevant ...

• Feb 13, 2011

Depressing; nearly everyone is killed in this film, and for being a preacher's son, the protagonist sure didn't pay much attention to either his Bible reading nor his martyred father's sermons.

• Nov 19, 2010

overly dramatic. good sets.

overly dramatic. good sets.

• scott g Super Reviewer
    Aug 26, 2010

entertaining enough western, not sure it ws a cinema elease, it has that mde for cable feel to it, but does have a lot going for it, rings of dedwood which i loved, some good moments of drama and a interesting bad guy, dont expect a lot, and you wont be disapointed