Shorts: The Adventures of the Wishing Rock - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shorts: The Adventures of the Wishing Rock Reviews

½ September 13, 2016
That movie's unusual.
July 12, 2016
This film is very creative but it has some dumb scenes but It's a movie for the family so let the kids enjoy:)
July 11, 2016
Shorts was overloaded, and childish, but it was a fun movie to watch.
June 28, 2016
Shorts: The Adventures of a Wishing Rock is a decent movie. This movie is good for kids like 5-12 year olds. I liked this movie when I were those ages, but now not really. I would suggest this movie.
June 26, 2016
I thought it was actually good
April 25, 2015
Guilty Pleasure. As stupid as this is,It has the fun, imaginative energy that Rodriguez usually has in his kids films, but this one is a lot different. This is like Little Rascals with a wishing rock. It has a story that splits itself into several different stories, thats all out of place (It's the Pulp Fiction of kids movies, if you think about it)
½ April 4, 2015
one of the worst movies I've ever seen. And the kid actors are terrible
April 2, 2015
It was your standard Robert Rodriguez movie. A little strange, but lots of fun. Clean, no foul language, no sexuality, a great kids adventure flick. My boys 9 and 5 both enjoyed it as did I. We highly recommend it.
February 25, 2015
While imaginative, Shorts's bland approach, unconvincing effects/acting and tasteless kid humor cause it's ultimate downfall.
February 17, 2015
gross and predictable
½ November 10, 2014
SHORTS IS BULLCRAP AND IT WILL LEAD TO YOUR DEATH.
September 18, 2014
As much as I enjoy Robert Rodriguez movies, this one just didn't work for me. This is aimed at kids - as was Spy Kids and Shark Boy and Lava Girl - but I think only kids will like this one. Too silly to capture my attention. The acting is okay. The story is simple. The characters are archetypes; you can relate to them but don't really get to know them or care about them.
½ September 6, 2014
another child friendly output from Rodreiguez. this time taking the whole I wish concept, and running amok with it.
½ August 24, 2014
okay let me the first to say that I've never liked family films especially when they come from one of my favorite action/horror movie directors (Robert Rodriguez), but I gotta admit I loved this movie it is freaking funny and imaginative, I saw some things thatI didn't expect to see in cinema, this movie is a clear statement that now-a-days the power of animation has grown and cinema can test the imagination of everyone...basically what I'm trying to say is that with today's animation you can make a man have a pencil for a head and guns for legs so yeah that's how awesome it has become...anyway the movie's great, you won't waste your time, you'll laugh for a while
August 19, 2014
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
½ August 3, 2014
As a fan of Robert Rodriguez's Spy Kids series I found this movie to be fun, funny, and have some imagination. Yes it has flaws but it's a pretty cute kids movie.
August 2, 2014
Funny to the point you get annoyed.
½ July 13, 2014
This is absolutely the worst thing ever caught on video.
½ July 7, 2014
Sucked.This Wasn't Cool.C-
½ July 2, 2014
Simply put the worst movie I've ever seen. Terrible characters. Terrible effects. God awful story. Terrible action. Bad jokes. I hate this movie.