Sicario: Day of the Soldado - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sicario: Day of the Soldado Reviews

September 21, 2018
Excellent movie! I was so impressed with the plot, Josh Brolin was so good and of course Benicio Del Torro but I was particularly impressed with Isabel's role.
There was suspense, follow through and a comprehensive story that was relatable. Benicio added sign language which really touched my heart. This is a must see!
September 21, 2018
Gosh, what an immense crap! The first Sicário movie was quite ok, but this new one is one heap of sh... The first 100 minutes just roll along without any tension ever building up, which doesn't make it a bad movie, just a slow, nearly boring one. And then, in the last 15 minutes the director goes ahead and screws it all up in the most ridiculous way, with screw-ups so gigantic that one runs out of the cinema in utter despair and anger. One leaves the cinema with this sensation of having been cheated out of your money for this Sicário bulls....!). The fact that screws it all up is, when close to the end dozens of drug traffickers unite to kill one agent, and it is the middle of the night while 2 US army helicopters on their mission going there, are only 2 minutes "out" (away). The guy gets shot anyway, and next thing you know everybody is driving away in over a dozen pickup trucks only to have two of them being intercepted by the helicopters in plain daylight, according to the shadows around noon. How do 2 minutes suddenly become 12 hours, and how do helicopters fly that long without crashing. And to top this bulls.., when the presumed dead agent wakes up, strangely not having bleed to death in the middle of the desert with a bullet hole going through his face, he frees himself, walks back to the highway, only to end up next to the two pickup trucks which had been shot to pieces after having driving obviously 12 hours. Did they drive on a treadmill or in highway circles? What? What? What? What? This director should be shot to pieces as well. This is one huge pile of excrement!! 1/10 points
½ September 21, 2018
great movie, very dark
September 21, 2018
Blindly rented this film assuming Emily Blunt would be in it. Felt disappointed the whole way through
September 20, 2018
Enjoy action film for grownups.
first one much better
The best of 2018
Muy entretenida deja al espectador con ansias de saber que va a pasar mas adelante como si quisieras saber el futuro
September 19, 2018
I feel that if Dennis Villeneuve had been i charge of this one, it would have been great. As is, it was just "good"....which isn't bad.
September 18, 2018
This movie is brutal, grim, and dark. I was horrified just like the kid in the movie.
½ September 18, 2018
Day of the Soldado isn't anywhere near as amazing as Sicario was. Honestly, I don't think it was ever supposed to be. Considering it's a sequel that really shouldn't even exist it holds its own well enough to be a good movie. The action is solid and the plot is pretty good, if you ignore some blatant logic decisions by the main characters. Del Toro steals the show which is nice to see given his small-role-until-the-third-act in the first installment. It won't win a lot of viewers over, but if you were looking forward to it you won't be disappointed.
½ September 18, 2018
someone forgot to finish this movie....
September 18, 2018
A classic case of the original being sullied by a less than impressive follow up. Let's hope there is not a third venture.
September 17, 2018
the first film was better but this movie is better than the action movies that we see this days so, I am going to be easy.
September 17, 2018
Absolutely brilliant. Watch it you wont regret it.
September 17, 2018
I can't see why this movie has only 63% approval. The plot is %99.9 plausible and the acting is superb. Isabela Moner will be a star.
September 17, 2018
Good Movie and follow-up.
½ September 17, 2018
Ignores what made Sicario so great to the point that it's almost criminal. It's certainly not unwatchable, but it's best to not think about the first film during this one.
½ September 17, 2018
Liked till the very end... Really? The girl disappears and then a year passes and a single question is asked??? Reminds me of a 1970 tv series where the final scene sets up next weeks episode. A true WTF moment for the ending... very disappointing.
September 16, 2018
I generally liked it, although it was predictable and the ending kinds lacked luster.