Sieranevada Reviews

• Nov 05, 2018

A perfect mirroring of the schizophrenic reality of many families in Bucharest, as though I was at my home.

• Jun 13, 2017

All unhappy families are the same

All unhappy families are the same

• Jan 22, 2017

a claustrophobic living room drama of some sort. first-rate cinematography and long takes. requires patience, although pretty well paced. just like any other Cristi Puiu film: not for everyone.

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Nov 29, 2016

Finding a perfect balance between touching and humorous, this revealing family drama is a fantastic ballet of camera and mise-en-scène (with many beautiful long takes), and I love the way it lets us organize in our heads the relationships between all characters in the family.

• Oct 15, 2016

And Cristi Puiu is still my favourite Romanian new wave director

And Cristi Puiu is still my favourite Romanian new wave director

• Oct 04, 2016

This is the Romanian family.

This is the Romanian family.

• Sep 20, 2016

am plecat dupa 15 minute. m-au obosit cadrele lungi, dialogul telefonat si actorii care se simteau filmati. un romanian cinema care probabil isi dezvaluie pe parcurs intriga

• Sep 15, 2016

It's been a while since I laughed so much in a movie theatre.

It's been a while since I laughed so much in a movie theatre.

• May 25, 2016

Although this film is 3 hours long with English sub-titles. The time flew past and it was funny and gripping at the same time. Masterpiece of long unedited camera shots, with amazing timing from the actors and camera crew - First Class! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMq1PiUbf-M - a song that is featured in the movie.