Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas Reviews

May 12, 2017
This film is your usual swash-buckling film. The plot is okay. But the animation best stuck out for me, the fighting scenes are very well animated and enjoyable to watch. The fighting in this film feels like a cross between Cowboy Bebop, Star Wars, and Samurai Jack. A fun film, but best not to think about it too much.
March 11, 2017
Dreamworks continues to show it can bring stunning animation together with realistic performances and an impressive voice cast. While the film offers a lot of fun and adventure its major flaw comes with its uneven and at times questionable narrative. Credit is still due for its funny script, older tone and Michelle Pfeffer's wonderfully played and animated; Eris. A fun afternoon movie.
February 1, 2017
This was a great movie..This movie is my daughter's favorite movie
October 7, 2016
Underrated gem up with Spirt as the best underrated Dreamworks movies.
July 30, 2016
Brad Pitt stars as Sinbad in Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas. He is on a quest to steal the book of peace, but in the process he nearly loses his life. The goddess of discord Eris (Michelle Pfeifer) makes him a deal that she would spare him if she steals the book and brings it to her. Little does he know that he is being tricked and as a result his best friend Proteus (Joseph Fiennes) risks his life so that Sinbad can retrieve it from Eris who steals it. Sinbad and Proteus' friend Marina (Catherine Zeta-Jones) embark on a journey that features nothing less than Sirens, Monsters, Blizzards and the torrent sea. Sinbad is a classic style animated movie that is quite underrated. The mischievous goddess Eris was a delight and excellently voiced. She is one of my favorite villains among animated films and made the film so intriguing on her own.
July 28, 2016
Sinbad a great animation with creativity, wit, the characters were engaging, and it had a good storyline.
½ June 19, 2016
Such a good cartoon! Watched it with dad when I was younger. One of my favourite childhood films
May 7, 2016
Incredibly clever animation and backgrounds, beautiful score, and a pretty original plot with a lot of nice classic Sinbad monsters. Yeah, the dialogue is trying too hard to be modern and it dates it quickly. The CG is equally intrusive, but beyond that, this film added some unique contributions to the world of animation that makes it one of my favorite films to study. Eris is one of the funnest villains (and definitely the best interpretation of a god--sorry Hades) to watch. She demonstrates boundless creativity in every scene. I just rewatched this film. It's so good.
April 20, 2016
Fun characters, great adventure, some adult humor, and a good mix of 2D and CGI visuals.
½ March 6, 2016
It has some exciting moments, but it's not really all that great. What I like about this movie are the visuals, the shots are nice, the backgrounds are cool, the designs aren't that bad, the colors are pretty good, and the animation is great.
½ February 22, 2016
Brad Pitt rocks as Sinbad. I hope they make a live action version.
½ January 10, 2016
It's a shame that it's story and animation end up being simply competent when the movie boosts likeable and fleshed out characters along with a satisfying ammount of action and a talented cast.
½ December 17, 2015
An overpowered and nonsensical villain aside, Dreamworks' 'Sinbad' is still a fun family swashbuckler. Fast and loose plotting is compensated for by strong vocal performance,s gorgeous animation and grandiose setpieces with weird monsters.
December 6, 2015
I wouldn't change anything in this: the music, the characters, the voices, the hidden little funny remarks. The music score is my favorite, too bad it doesn't exist on a separate CD. The two women are enchanting and sexy in two completely different ways. The tension-teasing-attraction between bad boy Sinbad and Eris can be sensed from

Sinbad: This has to be a little embarrassing for you, Eris.
Eris: Don't push your luck. You're cute. But not that cute.

A little hidden uneducational fun,

Rat: It just ends, Captain! It's the edge of the world!
Gin: Pay up, it's flat.
½ November 23, 2015
It's very interesting animated movie, with a genius plot, a bit of humour and wonderful animation. It could be a masterpiece, if Pixar made it.
November 17, 2015
The content might be a tad too highbrow for little kids to fully enjoy but this will always be one of my favourite animated adventure films. One of the few movies out there to mix traditional hard-drawn 2D imagery with CGI animation - and actually pull it off. Can't help but feel for a film voiced by such huge A-list celebs, it went under most peoples radar.
November 7, 2015
Never has a pirate tale touched me this much since "Treasure Planet", with outstanding animation and non-stop action and adventure, accompanied by a very competent cast of voice-actors.
September 12, 2015
This is one of the first movies I watched in the cinema as a child and I presume the first movie to catalyse my interest in pirates (hmm. That might have been 'Treasure Planet' actually but either way this is a very good film).
September 12, 2015
Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas has very good animation, memorable score, excellent world-building, thrilling scenery and the movie works as an adventure as the world, creatures and overall tone is very adventurous and very well done, but the characters are familiar, the conflict and the relationships are cliched, the story is so predictable and the voice cast is frustrating. It certainly has its strengths, but it is still one of DreamWorks lesser efforts.
September 10, 2015
Very aww inspiring film. Reminding me of the old classics.