Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas Reviews

½ October 3, 2017
This movie offers everything a good action flick should have. With a great animation (for the most part), great writing and well-executed characters, Sinbad is another Dreamworks classic that people should see more instead of shitty cash-grabs like "Trolls" and "Boss Baby".
September 30, 2017
Pitt and Zeta-Jones are stiff as voice actors. Not for kids IMO - not once, but twice, the main characters put theirs heads down on a block to be beheaded. This is a kid's cartoon... do they really need to see this?
½ September 9, 2017
Michelle Pfeiffer is really the only good thing about Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas. She seems to be enjoying her role, whereas everyone is phoning it in. The animation is also pretty cringeworthy. They were swinging for the fences with computer animation back then, but it hasn't aged well. It's a shame, really. This movie had potential.
July 18, 2017
Not the best story, but good enough to be a classic kids movie with action and adventure on the high seas, with some comedy and love story thrown in.
July 10, 2017
I enjoyed watching this movie as it had everything I wanted to see. The film was something I'd seen many times in my childhood and still is something I enjoy in my late teens
½ June 1, 2017
Hilarious and swashbuckling its way into your heart, Sinbad does not disappoint.
May 12, 2017
This film is your usual swash-buckling film. The plot is okay. But the animation best stuck out for me, the fighting scenes are very well animated and enjoyable to watch. The fighting in this film feels like a cross between Cowboy Bebop, Star Wars, and Samurai Jack. A fun film, but best not to think about it too much.
March 11, 2017
Dreamworks continues to show it can bring stunning animation together with realistic performances and an impressive voice cast. While the film offers a lot of fun and adventure its major flaw comes with its uneven and at times questionable narrative. Credit is still due for its funny script, older tone and Michelle Pfeffer's wonderfully played and animated; Eris. A fun afternoon movie.
February 1, 2017
This was a great movie..This movie is my daughter's favorite movie
October 7, 2016
Underrated gem up with Spirt as the best underrated Dreamworks movies.
July 30, 2016
Brad Pitt stars as Sinbad in Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas. He is on a quest to steal the book of peace, but in the process he nearly loses his life. The goddess of discord Eris (Michelle Pfeifer) makes him a deal that she would spare him if she steals the book and brings it to her. Little does he know that he is being tricked and as a result his best friend Proteus (Joseph Fiennes) risks his life so that Sinbad can retrieve it from Eris who steals it. Sinbad and Proteus' friend Marina (Catherine Zeta-Jones) embark on a journey that features nothing less than Sirens, Monsters, Blizzards and the torrent sea. Sinbad is a classic style animated movie that is quite underrated. The mischievous goddess Eris was a delight and excellently voiced. She is one of my favorite villains among animated films and made the film so intriguing on her own.
July 28, 2016
Sinbad a great animation with creativity, wit, the characters were engaging, and it had a good storyline.
½ June 19, 2016
Such a good cartoon! Watched it with dad when I was younger. One of my favourite childhood films
May 7, 2016
Incredibly clever animation and backgrounds, beautiful score, and a pretty original plot with a lot of nice classic Sinbad monsters. Yeah, the dialogue is trying too hard to be modern and it dates it quickly. The CG is equally intrusive, but beyond that, this film added some unique contributions to the world of animation that makes it one of my favorite films to study. Eris is one of the funnest villains (and definitely the best interpretation of a god--sorry Hades) to watch. She demonstrates boundless creativity in every scene. I just rewatched this film. It's so good.
April 20, 2016
Fun characters, great adventure, some adult humor, and a good mix of 2D and CGI visuals.
½ March 6, 2016
It has some exciting moments, but it's not really all that great. What I like about this movie are the visuals, the shots are nice, the backgrounds are cool, the designs aren't that bad, the colors are pretty good, and the animation is great.
½ February 22, 2016
Brad Pitt rocks as Sinbad. I hope they make a live action version.
½ January 10, 2016
It's a shame that it's story and animation end up being simply competent when the movie boosts likeable and fleshed out characters along with a satisfying ammount of action and a talented cast.
½ December 17, 2015
An overpowered and nonsensical villain aside, Dreamworks' 'Sinbad' is still a fun family swashbuckler. Fast and loose plotting is compensated for by strong vocal performance,s gorgeous animation and grandiose setpieces with weird monsters.
December 6, 2015
I wouldn't change anything in this: the music, the characters, the voices, the hidden little funny remarks. The music score is my favorite, too bad it doesn't exist on a separate CD. The two women are enchanting and sexy in two completely different ways. The tension-teasing-attraction between bad boy Sinbad and Eris can be sensed from

Sinbad: This has to be a little embarrassing for you, Eris.
Eris: Don't push your luck. You're cute. But not that cute.

A little hidden uneducational fun,

Rat: It just ends, Captain! It's the edge of the world!
Gin: Pay up, it's flat.