Since Otar Left - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Since Otar Left Reviews

½ November 2, 2016
Dull,pedestrian. Cannot fathom the favorable opinions.
March 3, 2013
Poignant story a mom's endearing love for her son. Daily contemporary life in Georgia is depicted.
February 28, 2012
Hurtful and cheerful at the same time. A very strongly touching movie.
January 14, 2012
Quite beautiful and sad film about the changes to one family- Grandmother, Mother and Daughter- an apparently well-meant deception makes. Superb dialogue, acting and production, another one to keep an eye out for.
½ September 6, 2011
a beautiful and sweet movie.
3,5/5
August 2, 2011
They never show Otar and that is the best part of the film which slowly unravels to a bittersweet end.
March 13, 2011
Not a bad movie by any means, but I wouldn't go around recommending it either. It follows the story of three women who are in different stages of life, and live together and are challenged by the new world order...democracy. All three women do a great job acting out their parts, and extra praise must be given to the oldest of the three. I thought it was ok, but found nothing ground-breaking or cutting edge regarding the film.
½ January 26, 2010
So good and sad! Want a grandma like the one depicted in the flick! Does make Tbilisi look good on film....
½ August 25, 2009
Amo, Adoro esta pelicula!! Solo la he visto una vez y significa mucho para mi, tengo miedo de verla otra vez y revivir todas esas emociones.
Lo mejor de la pelicula es haber estado al lado de alguien que sintio exactamente lo mismo que yo al verla
August 11, 2009
So touching, a little treasure.
August 11, 2009
Moving chamber piece about three generations of women and the never-seen Otar.
½ May 21, 2009
Once again, we are reminded that good plots and good skills are a totally winning combination -- without the silly excesses of many hollywood flicks!

Esther Gorintin gave such a convincing performance here! I heartily recommend this feature!!
April 10, 2009
The scene in which Tengiz identifies how his generation was forced to live lies in order to survive alone makes this movie worth watching. The superb performances and the smart plot, which becomes more and more compelling as it progresses, contribute to the excellent quality of this movie.
April 10, 2009
If you are an emigrant and ever wonder how is life at home now that you have left, I strongly recommend this movie. This is the perfect glimpse at that life that goes on without you. The very touching part of this movie is that the absent person is the most present of all. I loved the topic, the development and the acting. Very good movie.
½ November 24, 2008
At times I was almost furious with the mother obsession for her son... but I also enjoyed very much when with glances and wisdom, the old lady liberated her grand daughter
½ November 5, 2008
Amazing. A true masterpiece. It is funny, sad, real and inspiring in it's portrayal of the immigrant experience. Beautiful!
½ August 31, 2008
to lie for too much love and keep the dreams alive.....
August 27, 2008
Very moving ! I loved grandma, she is a strong woman.
½ August 20, 2008
It is masterpiece, I do not want you get any idea before watching this movie. Just rent it /buy it and watch it. It is real movie. It is definetely one of my best movies I ever seen.