Sketches of Frank Gehry Reviews

• Mar 22, 2017

Interesting, but not so interesting.

Interesting, but not so interesting.

• May 11, 2016

director sydney pollack goes into doc territory quite successfully also loved seeing disney concert hall under construction I was on jury duty then & I spent almost all my lunch hours across the street watching it go up also went to MOCA a couple of times

• Feb 24, 2015

Hay una "estrella" que por un instante quiere competir con la figura de Ghery, dejándonos extasiados mientras vemos sus líneas, brillos y raras formas: el museo Guggenheim de Bilbao, la que puede considerarse su obra maestra hasta el momento. Gran obra de la arquitectura moderna destinada a exhibir arte, que como lo afirma filosófica y sabiamente uno de los entrevistados, el director Julian Schnabel, si el edificio roba la atención de los visitantes a las exposiciones de arte "es que ese arte, entonces, no es tan bueno". http://friasalex.blogspot.mx/2007/08/dvd-sketches-of-frank-ghery-12.html

• Dec 10, 2013

A documentary of Frank Gehry, nothing all that special. In fact its some friend of Gehry filming him with a glorified handy cam. However for the architecture lovers you could understand how Gehry goes about creating his structurally magnificent buildings.

• Nov 06, 2013

A very truthful insight into the works of an architect and how they are created. Not mainstream media publicity. Loved it!

• Oct 24, 2012

A good way to get to know some of Frank Gehry's weird ideas.

A good way to get to know some of Frank Gehry's weird ideas.

John B Super Reviewer
    Oct 09, 2012

Sydney Pollack's hommage to his good friend Frank Gehry is interesting but ultimately it fails to really give us a sense of what makes Gehry tick. I think even Gehry is hard pressed to express his genius in any effective way.

• May 09, 2012

Dear Audience: 42%? Please get a life. This is a great exploration of the creative process.

• Apr 28, 2012

frank gehry makes my mind melt in the best possible ways.

frank gehry makes my mind melt in the best possible ways.

• Jul 25, 2011

Given the level of comfort between long time friends Pollack and Gehry, this documentary successfully investigates both the unique personal and professional life of Frank Gehry.