Stephen King's 'Sleepwalkers' Reviews

• Sep 22, 2019

I had this, watched this once and would never watch it again. Too cheesy and so boring, you will be disappointed. Not scary and a very slow film. Some parts are so boring instead of being scary. Avoid at all costs. If you want the best horror then watch Nightmare on Elm Street which was released around the same time. It has better gory scenes and acting and it is terrifying in comparison.

• Sep 13, 2019

The first half of Sleepwalkers has a rather spooky atmospheric vibe to it with decent acting and the knowledge of not taking itself too seriously. But after that, the second half becomes more absurd. To quote The Nostalgia Critic: "Oh, King. I like your work when it's good...but I friggin' love it when it's bad!"

• Aug 08, 2019

Sleepwalkers is a fantastic hilarious piece of horror as long as you do not go into expecting a true horror, it is more of a comedy than an actual horror. This movie is just crazy, a fantastical and horrifying journey filled with blood and gore, monsters, a crazy story line and over the top monster characters with all the grotesque comedy and and cameo appearances anyone could ask for. Standing somewhere in between horror and comedy this film is bad but in the best way possible. Anyone who enjoys bad horror movies would instantly fall in love with this movie. I put it rite up there with Leprechaun, killer clowns from outer space!

• Jul 23, 2019

This is not scary, this is funny.

This is not scary, this is funny.

• Jul 15, 2019

Like Hitchcock's THE BIRDS, the story here is set (at least in part at the start) in Bodega Bay and involves an overprotective mother and a subsequently unresolved Oedipus complex that threatens the potential for placid domesticity—but whereas in the horror classic, according to Zizek, the titular avians loom like the monstrous maternal superego, in this campy knockoff, the symbolic situation is reversed as cats surround the incestuous monsters in order to restore peace and punish those who break the ultimate kinship taboo. Of course, such bits of clever self-awareness and genre allusions (with cameos by the likes of Joe Dante, John Landis, and Tobe Hooper) hardly diminish the ridiculous strangeness of the movie at all, though I appreciated them more on a second watch.

• Nov 07, 2018

A movie that is so ridiculous that I end up laughing at it.

A movie that is so ridiculous that I end up laughing at it.

• Nov 01, 2018

This movie is so horrible it's just entertaining that's honestly all I can say about it

• Oct 20, 2018

One of those horror movies that was bad to begin with, and it only got worse with time. However! As an ironic comedy it's freaking gold.

• Oct 19, 2018

An amazing decent into madness

An amazing decent into madness

• Oct 08, 2018

Absolutely dire with the odd redeeming moment. I can't believe Stephen King wrote this rubbish and even appeared in it. Stupid and predictable and a Twin Peaks rip off which immediately preceded it. Barely any fun and a waste of an hour and a half.