Snakes on a Plane - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Snakes on a Plane Reviews

January 8, 2017
It's just a boring action thriller than not even a really likable Samuel L Jackson can't save.
½ January 4, 2017
The fact that there's a movie called Snakes on a Plane is a small miracle. The bigger miracle is that Ellis's hugely engaging popcorn flick is nearly as much fun as the movie that was already running in our heads. Why is this movie so watchable? Four simple reasons. It's truly funny. It's truly scary. It's truly gruesome. And Samuel L. Jackson is the cool head who prevails ("You stick with me, you live"). Hilariously funny, full of fang-popping scares, and guaranteed to increase travel by train. Snakes was the most exuberantly trashy delight of this summer movie season or last. Has the thinnest imaginable premise (see the title) and yet manages to be more fun than most big-budget summer blockbusters. A solid little B-movie arriving cloaked in the dodgy garb of a fanboy phenomenon, Snakes on a Plane really ought to garner some sort of award for truth in advertising: It's exactly what it says it is and very little else. The movie plays to every expectation the viewer might have -- the more absurd, the better. In this regard, it doesn't miss a trick. A movie called Snakes on a Plane had better be one of two things: So bad it's good or so good it's great. Darned if it isn't a little bit of both. Truly, this is the greatest movie about snakes on a plane ever made so far! Snakes on a Plane is pure escapist fun and absolutely nothing more.

VERDICT: "High-Quality Stuff" - [Positive Reaction] This is a rating to a movie I view as very entertaining and well made, and definitely worth paying the full price at a theatre to see or own on DVD. It is not perfect, but it is definitely excellent. (Films that are rated 3.5 or 4 stars)
November 5, 2016
Hilariously bad, but answers the long sought answer to what happens if you microwave a snake
October 31, 2016
Great film, I really enjoy this guilty pleasure film
October 28, 2016
Known for it's sheer stupidity, Snakes On A Plane doesn't fail to impress
October 15, 2016
Snakes on a plane is a funny film that will keep you laughing a lot. Samuel l. Jackson is really good in this film especially with that line. This is the type of film that will have you laughing and making you like the film.
September 23, 2016
Samuel L Jackson is on a plane with snakes, what more do you need to know?
September 18, 2016
Snakes on a Plane is a culturally- and societally-conscious film that finds -- or makes -- a balance between multiplex-pleasing low-brow entertainment and subtle satire aimed specifically at commercial America and its basic stereotypes. The film is written, acted, and directed flawlessly to its function.
September 15, 2016
just to see what all the hype is about
½ September 12, 2016
2 hours that I'll never get back. I should have stopped when a snake killed a cat, bit a breast & bit a willy in the space of a minute.

Worst movie ever !!!!
½ August 22, 2016
Just seems like a really daft premise for a movie; snake CGI over done.
Although slightly funny in parts.
½ July 31, 2016
Samuel L. Jackson gives a great performance! There are a lot of other great actors too! There are some laughs, and it's pleasantly gory at times, mainly with the kills. It also diverts the genre tropes by making there be a reason for why all of it is happening. I can safely say that I will probably see this several more times!
July 19, 2016
This is as good of a movie we're going to get out of a movie with this title.
July 17, 2016
I really liked this movie, is one of those movies that are perfect to see when you are traveling or you are bored.... this movie can be such a blast if you can get the logic away for a time..... just sit down and let it take you on that plane.
½ June 25, 2016
Sam Jackson is funny as always. Special effects are awful. It kept me entertained though. Not bad.
½ June 25, 2016
It's really pretty terrible. It was worth a single viewing but never again. The CG was used too much and unbelievable. The movie was funny at a few points. Not recommended.
June 16, 2016
So bad....it's good.
½ June 10, 2016
Yes the movie is low budget and stupid. But thats what its suppose to be. Overall the plot is fine and Samuel L. Jackson knocks it out of the park and makes the film fun. Though if you hate snakes there are some gross parts. But in the end its a very decent underrated B film.
½ May 21, 2016
Good clean (or is that slithery) fun