Sold Reviews

• Oct 23, 2020

This movie brought tears to my eyes. There were some parts that were hard to watch but I was happy to see the little girl escape in the end. I am glad this movie was made because it brings attention to a very serious problem in child sex trafficking.

• Feb 05, 2018

The horror of human trafficking through the eyes of a victim, a 13 year old child sold to a brothel by her father, who I suspect knew what he was doing. An affecting story about the fate of millions of children around the world, this is one of humanity's greatest shames. That the central character does not give in and accept her fate is to her credit. Hard to watch, but a wake up call. For every one who is saved, I am sure there are millions who suffer for the length of their short lives. It is a message that needs to be heard!

• Nov 16, 2017

SOLD is a deeply disturbing movie that gives a glimpse into the world of child sex slave trafficking in India and how very few escape this terrible horror filled life. It is a moving story of a young girl who has dreams of someday helping her mother replace the family's leaking thatched roof with Tin and while at a traditional celebration she meets a woman who tells her and her father that she will take her to the Big City (India) where she will make lots of money working for a wealthy family in they're home. What this brave 12yr old girl encounters is horrifyingly heartbreaking!

• Sep 22, 2017

It's sadness but important, The movie covey the gritty of child and women traffcking

• Feb 04, 2017

Excellent movie, very tastefully done, if that can be said about such a subject. If the topic of sex trafficking or modern day slavery matters to you, I highly recommend you watch this.

• Jan 16, 2017

The stats on child trafficking are insane. This film hopes to challenge and thought provoke us to taking action.

• Aug 01, 2016

Loved this movie and the message

Loved this movie and the message

• May 11, 2016

Very well done, but a tough subject to stomach for most of us. This film needs to be seen by everyone that is not aware of this subject of child slavery/child prostitution.

amazing movie, very important to see

amazing movie, very important to see

• May 11, 2016

"Sold" is a movie that is about the power of the human spirit as it highlights an invisible crime that is on the increase in every corner across the world as well as within your home neighborhood. Brown takes a subtle but effective approach in establishing the humiliation this crime reaps upon victims without being overly grotesque. It leaves you horrified but hopeful that with activism this crime will surface from its deep waters and get the attention that will rescue millions of young women and men. If you think it cannot happen in your community just check the stats. It's numbers are astonishing within the US alone!