Sparks and Embers Reviews

• Jul 08, 2018

Anneliese Hesme is so unlikable as the female lead in this cinematic flop. She and Kris Marshall go together like a fish and bicycle. I feel like slapping the casting director across the face. By the way, was she speaking English? French accents are okay, but hers is so thick, it was a labor to listen. One does need to understand the words she's saying at some point. After 30 minutes, I simply had to shut off this film.

• Sep 24, 2016

Top screenplay, understated but at times uncomfortably keen and real account of a failed relationship. No saint, no demons, no drama, no action: just two very human characters, warts and all, and some damn fine storytelling.

• Aug 17, 2016

A very small cast can make or break a movie, but there was no problem here. The two leads played off each other beautifully and telling the story with the dual timelines was perfectly done. This is definitely a must see holiday movie.

• Aug 04, 2016

I watched this middle of the night, post night shifts and not able to sleep. No expectations as no reviews yet on this site. Pleasantly surprised, loved every minute, moves you for all the right reasons and London looks beautiful!