Spielberg Reviews

• Apr 17, 2021

Seeing Spielberg and his rise to glory was a humble tale about a boy who loved messing around with a camera, only to turn into one of the biggest and successful icons in film history. I loved the fact that Steven, George, Martin ...etc were considered outcasts and the rat pack of Hollywood. Now being iconic for they're films and praised. But as well, we learn that Steven went through struggles like all human beings. Some talk about it or find a hobby to cover it up, while Steven used films to express his experiences that he had gone through in life. Now that is someone with a story. If you love Spielberg and his work, this documentary is great and a must watch for fans of his work.

• Feb 14, 2021

An in-depth look at Steven Spielberg‘s career

An in-depth look at Steven Spielberg‘s career

• Sep 06, 2020

Great good documentary.

Great good documentary.

• Jul 03, 2020

"I'd love this Boi film about My Hollywood Hero, he and his movies had been there for me, knowing that He's never into Bad Drugs back then and today, and I would loved to work for him on other films I'n interested in for his sake"

• Mar 14, 2020

great documentary,hes made some of my favorite movies,JAWS,DUEL,RAIDERS,SCHINDLERS LIST,it was great hearing from scorsece,DePALMA,Hanks,CRUISE,FORD

Aldo G Super Reviewer
    Jul 08, 2019

This is more hagiography than documentary, but I don't care. Spielberg the man, and this film, deserve the adulation.

• Apr 07, 2019

Good documentary but it lacks the downs, only ups in here

Good documentary but it lacks the downs, only ups in here

• Jan 05, 2019

"Spielberg" is a love letter to the director with many celebrity cameos and friends who gush over the creative genius and his industry changing methods while moving chronologically through his career and giving unique behind-the-scenes looks into his blockbuster hits while completely ignoring the duds among the lot.

• Nov 04, 2018

absolutely brilliant and inspirational

absolutely brilliant and inspirational

• Oct 11, 2018

For film buffs like myself this HBO doc was a real treat and really an ode to one of the greatest filmmakers of all time. Most fascinating to hear the director give his personal insights and challenges for each of his movies over the decades. Plus, some most interesting behind-the-scenes tidbits from fellow artists, collaborators, and movie critics enhanced the movie. The praise heaped upon Spielberg can get a little overdone and I would have liked to hear his views on some of the great actors he worked with over the years. However, for me, seeing all these amazing film clips and getting the related insights was rather fascinating and overcame any flaws of the doc.