Spielberg Reviews

• Mar 14, 2020

great documentary,hes made some of my favorite movies,JAWS,DUEL,RAIDERS,SCHINDLERS LIST,it was great hearing from scorsece,DePALMA,Hanks,CRUISE,FORD

Aldo G Super Reviewer
    Jul 08, 2019

This is more hagiography than documentary, but I don't care. Spielberg the man, and this film, deserve the adulation.

• Apr 07, 2019

Good documentary but it lacks the downs, only ups in here

Good documentary but it lacks the downs, only ups in here

• Jan 05, 2019

"Spielberg" is a love letter to the director with many celebrity cameos and friends who gush over the creative genius and his industry changing methods while moving chronologically through his career and giving unique behind-the-scenes looks into his blockbuster hits while completely ignoring the duds among the lot.

• Nov 04, 2018

absolutely brilliant and inspirational

absolutely brilliant and inspirational

• Oct 11, 2018

For film buffs like myself this HBO doc was a real treat and really an ode to one of the greatest filmmakers of all time. Most fascinating to hear the director give his personal insights and challenges for each of his movies over the decades. Plus, some most interesting behind-the-scenes tidbits from fellow artists, collaborators, and movie critics enhanced the movie. The praise heaped upon Spielberg can get a little overdone and I would have liked to hear his views on some of the great actors he worked with over the years. However, for me, seeing all these amazing film clips and getting the related insights was rather fascinating and overcame any flaws of the doc.

• Apr 25, 2018

A really interesting documentary / love fest dedicated to one of the greatest to ever do it.

• Feb 19, 2018

Spielberg does a great job exploring Speiburgs personal life as well exploring his career.

• Jan 09, 2018

Spielberg is directed by Susan Lacy, and it stars Steven Spielberg in a documentary about the life of Steven Spielberg in how he started his film debut, how he comes up with his films, and how he managed to become one of the most successful directors of all time. When I was going to the guide of DirecTV, I recently come across this, and didn't even know about this at all. So when I record this and watched it, I thought Spielberg is a very touching tribute to the director that shows the achievements of what he has done. It shows the production of a lot of the films that Spielberg managed to create, and they are really interesting to watch and you end up having more knowledge of the films that you know and have a bit of a different opinion of what you see in the films that he has made. The interviewers are interesting to watch, and seeing Steven Spielberg go into such detail of his passion of films is really something to see. The pacing is tight that never felt too long or too short that you want to see more of, and the beginning of the film where it shows a lot of Steven Spielberg's films was really cool and it shows how far he has gone from his career. Spielberg is a fascinating documentary that I might try to review all of his films that he directed.

• Jan 09, 2018

An amazing look into this amazing directors life. Interesting to see his struggles, and how they play into the themes of his movies. I was particularly touched, as I am also a child of divorce, and I remember watching E.T. as a kid, and being scared and confused by the way Elliot acted with his family, but those are all the same struggles I have and still have. Tough to talk about, but also good to hear. Nice to see his successes as well, and how he's still fighting the good fight in the Hollywood system, and making the movies he wants to make. Watched on Shaw on demand at home, December 18, 2017.