Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan Reviews

½ February 19, 2018
It has its moments, but I don't think that it will be appealing to anyone besides Star Trek fans.
February 14, 2018
10/10 KHAN!!! Star Trek II is undoubtedly the best Star Trek movie. There's really nothing else to say but that.
January 12, 2018
Cheesy, but still one of the best Star Trek films.
January 8, 2018
Even as a geek, I'm not a fan of Star Trek. However, I always told people that I would watch "The Wrath of Khan" before passing a final judgment on the franchise since it's often considered to be the best movie in the franchise. Even though I can see why fans love it and thought it was a decent movie, I don't think it's enough to make me watch the complete original series. With the episodes of the show I've seen, I found them incredibly boring. I felt just as bored with the first half of this movie, but I will admit that it did get very exciting and better towards the end. And even though I don't think Khan is a threatening enough villain, Ricardo Montalban's intense performance definitely makes this movie worth checking out as does the final moments between Kirk and Spock before Spock's "death."
January 6, 2018
The Gold Standard of Star Trek films, and sci-fi films in general. Perfectly balances action and story, where there's never action for action's sake, it's all well written and well acted, and handles an emotional ending in a way that feels earned.
January 3, 2018
I'm a fan of TOS, TNG, Voyager, and (somewhat) DS9. I watched almost all of Enterprise, probably won't check out Discovery, but really enjoy the JJ Abrams / Pegg films. So I imagine that it is simply a case of poor aging (similarly to its characters) that makes Wrath of Khan such a chore to sit through in 2018. I found almost every moment lifeless, despite great, subtle performances from each of the main and supporting cast. I wanted to like this one a lot, but I just could not get...."Engage"d. HAR HAR HAR.
January 3, 2018
simply the best of the Trek movies
December 27, 2017
What I once considered the best of the Trek films. Director Nicholas Meyers saves the series by focusing the films energies on its relationships between the main characters and their aging dilemmas as well steered the Sci-Fi series away from NASA and towards the NAVY, with the show stopping starship battles.

Plus Kahn is truly Kirk's arch enemy. Every bit the ego and brash battlefield commander that Kirk is. Plus there is this bit of dialogue:

Kahn: "No Captain I've done more that kill you, I've hurt you. And I wish to go on hurting you..."

Kirk: "KAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHNNNNNNN!"
December 26, 2017
One of best Star trek films!!!
December 24, 2017
awesome even tho it has dad hate stupid idea fo kirk having kid and global warming bs in it, and the bs that research is by gov not priovate corps, all the democrat dumb ideas, but it has supermen and one fo best actors ever mobtelbahn and outstanding plot and of course great orig actors WOW nemesis much?
December 19, 2017
the best of the original crews entries into the movie world. A real old fashioned pirate adventure in space!
December 18, 2017
pretty good even that it has his issues.
December 16, 2017
Perhaps the greatest space adventure movie of all time
November 30, 2017
Meh. I don't know where to start. One of my main problems with this movie are the cringe-worthy parts. The whole idea of the Ceti Eel really creeps me out, and this movie doesn't really retain many values of Star Trek. You see Vulcans crying, a way too tense plot, and to consider that Gene Roddenberry (who created Star Trek) was cut from the project ENTIRELY, this movie is unenjoyable. The cheap visual effects and re-used space scenes from Star Trek I aren't really helping matters.
November 12, 2017
The Starship Enterprise and her crew return for the second time in this film directed by Nicholas Meyer. Epic in scope, tensions are high as Ricardo Montalban gives a chilling but charismatic performance as Khan, Captain Kirk's worst enemy. Truer in spirit to the original series than the first film was, the film tells of an epic fable of good,evil and power. A dazzling adventure.
October 28, 2017
the best star trek original cast film / i have been and always shall be your friend rip spock
September 22, 2017
The best Star Trek film there will ever be!
September 6, 2017
"Of all the souls I've encountered in my travels, his was the most...human." In this line, we witnessed the birth / re-birth of a space-opera that was long thought dead, yet has become one of the longest-lasting franchises ever. Wrath of Khan, A well-directed, thrilling and surprisingly artful sequel, boldly moves this frontier into the future, all while staying true to the ethos of the classic series. Most importantly, it reminds us that it isn't our agendas, but our relationships that make life worth exploring.
In 1982, audiences weren't expecting much from this franchise, after the TV series was unceremoniously canceled years earlier and the first film was such an uncharacteristic slog. Maybe the cool sets, practical effects, corny posturing and brilliant score were of no surprise. Maybe even the great correlation and juxtaposition between our hero and villain may have been inevitable, with Khan and Kirk basically being two sides of the same bloated-chest coin. However, to get a Star Trek film that's such a dark and powerful metaphor for the hardships of war must've been a watershed moment, especially within the Spock-Kirk arc.
What especailly surprises me is this film's status as a bonafide classic of the genre. Like other so-called "Trekkers", I love it, but how much of that is helped by my pre-existing fandom? Wrath... makes the decision not to waste time with character introductions or clunky backstory exposition; it assumes our knowledge of these things. Instead, it allows its strong script to stand on its own. The humor-injected dialogue, the consistent character moments, the straightforward plotting, and the wide-reaching themes connect us to these characters, whether for the first or hundredth time.
July 25, 2017
One of my favorite movies. Nothing else to say.
July 2, 2017
The Wrath of Khan improves big over the first movie with a stronger plot, more tension (even with the stakes not as high as the first), better characters, better acting, and an emotional climax. This is the Empire Strikes Back for the original Star Trek movies.