Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones Reviews

½ November 18, 2017
Better than the previous movie, but it's still pretty bad. Bad dialogue, bad effects, and unenjoyable storyline. The love story between Padme and Anakin doesn't feel right, it doesn't feel "Star Wars." Anyways, would rather watch original trilogy 100 times than watch the prequel trilogy 10 times.
November 13, 2017
While Attack of the Clones suffers many problems from its predecessor, it manages to fix many of them. At times, the plot still feels out of place and lost. But nevertheless, we feel like there is an objective or a finish point that the movie seeks. The action sequences are improved, but still barely above average, except the final battle. The final battle is well filmed and visualized, and best of all feels necessary and not forced. The weakness in this movie, ironically is the main character; Anakin Skywalker. At times, you would find yourself rooting against him, which is a big flaw in any movie. Anakin's dialogue and Hayden's acting abilities make it seem like a fan movie could achieve better. The whole Naboo sequence is out of place, and the love story felt really forced and unnatural at all. There are sequences such as the attack on the sandpeople, which should've lasted longer, and it could've offered plenty more development to a much criticized protagonist.
November 12, 2017
Very boring and too long.
November 7, 2017
Somehow a step down from Episode I, Attack of the Clones might feature more action, but the dialogue is even worse, and Hayden Christensen gives one of the worst performances in history.
November 7, 2017
I don't like Attack of the Clones. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.
November 5, 2017
Fixing the plot complaints from the first prequel, Attack of the clones offers an entertaining, visually dazzling story
½ October 26, 2017
It can be sorta boring for the first 2 acts but every thing that happens on geonosis is just awesome the 3rd act alone is worth watching.
October 26, 2017
D
Attack of the Clones is still plagued by uninspired acting and a stale script. but the visuals are appealing, the story is a little more engaging, and there is some character development.
½ October 23, 2017
Star Wars Episode 2 Attack Of The Clones: Slowly paced, boring action an terrible writing. Episode 2 proves to be worse than its predecesor.
October 20, 2017
Better than TPM, but Attack of the Clones still fails to be as good as Episodes 4-7.
October 15, 2017
This movie sucks balls
October 11, 2017
not better than the phantom menace but really good action sequences
October 11, 2017
This wasn't a good film. Hate the acting between the two lovers and didn't like it. The plot? was dull along with the pace of the film was incredibly slow Ewan McGregor was the only character I liked in that whole film.
½ October 9, 2017
I watched this mere days ago and all I can remember is thinking what awful casting choices were made. Some good visuals in the battle scenes. Thats about as generous as Im gonna be
October 9, 2017
With this being the second story in the prequel for Star Wars, you'd think it'd be good right? Wrong! This episode continues episode 1's decent plot and replaces it with a story that feels like an eternity to watch and typically leaves me almost falling asleep with the excessive character building of Anakin and Padme and lack of action scenes, despite the very beginning being one. Overall, I wish that I could forget this episode's existence and move on with more interesting things instead. Definitely something you mustn't watch.
October 8, 2017
Remove one character and the score would improve greatly.
October 7, 2017
If Lucas could actually make a romance that isn't creepy and weird, this would have been a lot better.
½ October 7, 2017
I saw this when it was first released and must have gotten caught up in the hype, because upon rewatching, I thought it was quite bad. I'm more entertained by "Star Wars Rebels" on Disney XD.
October 4, 2017
I think it is the worst prequel.
September 29, 2017
The second film in the prequel trilogy, and my 3rd or 4th time viewing it, my opinions on it are roughly the same as my other viewings. It is not as bad as the previous film the Phantom Menace, but it still is a far cry from a decent Star Wars film. What props Episode II up over Episode I is the inclusion of several new characters and actors such as Count Dooku (Christopher Lee) and Jango Fett (Temuera Morrison), which help elevate the film over it's predecessor. Some of the returning characters and actors also help elevate the film as they either have improved from the last film, like that of Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan, or simply appear more in the film than previously, such as Samuel Jackson's Mace Windu and Frank Oz's Yoda. The CGI in the film is improved from the previous, though there are still points in which you are taken out of immersion due to the contrast between real life actors and CGI backgrounds or characters. However, this is generally where the positives end. While all of the points above sound great and make one think that the film should hold a much higher rating than the 2/5 stars I have given it, the problem lies in the writing, the core of the story, and the wasted potential of the film. The movie is messy to put it simply, the main driving force in this film is the development of Anakin's feelings for Padme and her feelings for him. You are supposed to see the two slowly fall in love and form a bond so strong that even Jedi vows can't tear them apart, you are supposed to see Anakin's slow descent and drift away from the Jedi Order and toward the emotional Dark Side. However, the film horribly fails to convince you of any of it. Even down to the barest level of emotion, the writing team does a poor job developing the characters. Anakin comes off as a whiny, brat with a down right creepy fixation for Padme. There are scenes in which Anakin (played by Hayden Christensen) literally looks like a stalker. On the flip side, Padme is supposed to be falling for him, you should see the love and chemistry start to flow between the two. But Padme only ever looks like she is uncomfortable and creeped out, she never seems in love. So when the climax between these two occurs and the love is let out into the open air, you just simply don't believe it. Couple that with the cringe writing (I'm sure we all know about the "I hate sand" comment), you get what feels like a romance movie that was created by a middle school student. There is so much wrong with this movie that, while I did find myself enjoying Count Dooku's presence, Mace Windu and Yoda actually doing something, and Obi-Wan improving as a character, it is such a small batch of positives that can't outweigh the horrid writing and travesty that was supposed to be the main plot point of the film. Next up in my Star Wars chronological list will be the Mace Windu comic and the Clone Wars television cartoon. I have heard excellent things about both and sincerely hope that they are leagues better than... whatever it was this was supposed to be.