Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones Reviews

½ July 20, 2017
This is not good I don't enjoy it but I like the Jedi fight scene at the end and the concept of clones
½ July 16, 2017
Worst installment in the entire franchise. A completely bloated mess of CGI, and cringe worthy acting are what make this movie fall on its stupid face!
½ July 16, 2017
The chemistry between Christensen and Portman doesn't exist, which is unfortunate and bring the movie down a bit, but I still enjoy this. Plenty of fun action sequences, and the clone army story is an interesting premise.
July 10, 2017
It improves with better action scenes and visual effects (and less Jar Jar Binks), though it still suffers from clumsy pacing, some lazy acting, and a forced romance.
July 5, 2017
This is looked upon by a large crowd of Star Wars fan as the worst movie in the franchise, and while I can understand why, I respectfully disagree. Far from one of the best Star Wars movies, I will admit that, but it was alright. I don't like the romance between Anakin and Padme since it feels cheesy, awkward, and I never felt like there was a spark in their chemistry, but the environments of this film look great, and the light saber fights are the greatest part of the movie. I especially love the duel between Yoda and Count Dooku. I know some people don't like seeing Yoda fighting with a light saber, but I thought it was cool that he did that. But again, the major downside for me is Anakin and Padme's relationship since it really does bring the movie down from being good.
July 5, 2017
Attack of the Clones doesn't have a great acting, the characters are not well developed and sometimes they're a little awkward. Although, the lightsaber battles and the action sequences are fantastic.
July 4, 2017
Good film not better than the first
½ June 26, 2017
Attack of the Clones has a lot of clichés, it really exagerates...ejem ejem.. Shmi Skywalker... the strange development of the love story.
But the climax of the battle was outstanding and perfect. I really liked that battle with John Williams' music.
June 26, 2017
Bad plot and visuals, but more and better action.

6.0/10
½ June 26, 2017
Light saber battles and action sequences are filmed really well, but writing is still awful.
½ June 25, 2017
You know what's worse than sand?
½ June 20, 2017
Filled with unnecessary subplots and characters, Episode II is downright boring, even with it's up to date sci-fi battles and lightsaber duels.
½ June 18, 2017
To call Attack of the Clones an improvement over The Phantom Menace would be true but it's also not saying much. There's still a half-assed love story between Natalie Portman and whiny man-child Hayden Christensen, some of the performances from anyone who isn't an already established character played by the same actor from the original trilogy or Ewan McGregor feel phoned in and some of the CGI can get distracting. I know 3.5/5 stars isn't bad but it shows that the film has enough flaws to NOT get 4 stars. There's still a 3 in it after all indicating mixed opinions. At least I'm contributing to the audience score. Anyway, on to the positive things: The visuals can be a treat when they want to, even with all the distracting CGI in the way, the action sequences are pretty fun which include sci-fi takes on car chases and gladiator matches plus an epic final battle and, as I previously pointed out, Ewan McGregor's performance as Obi-Wan is great. He's one of the few actors who appear to be committed to what they're doing and not just thinking to himself "Money!". True, George Lucas failed to make 2 films in a row from the same franchise on par with his own film that started it all but when you haven't been involved in filmmaking for years after losing much of your fortune when you got a divorce thus resulting in no desire to return to your own franchise, it's not exactly expected to be perfect. Lucas just tried to appeal to modern audiences who want visually thrilling CGI, not silly puppetry and childish stop-motion. Attack of the Clones may be a film that's better than The Phantom Menace but still kinda sucks with Teen Vader being grating having already thrown 3 tantrums in the film but it still becomes darker as the stroy progresses foreshadowing the inevitable events to come in the original trilogy.
June 17, 2017
This movie is in my very soul...tormenting me!
June 17, 2017
Still think it was OK.
½ June 15, 2017
not as bad as the first..hayden christ. is unbearable
½ June 15, 2017
This slightly better than the Phantom Menace. But it's a pile of crap
June 13, 2017
Average movie.Better than the first tho
½ June 13, 2017
This movie is garbage. This is my least favorite movie of the Star Wars saga, with horrible dialogue and the worst lightsaber fight ever
June 13, 2017
Ok...How this one has a higher rating than TPM is beyond me. This is the worst Star Wars film to date. Why? Dialogue. The dialogue in this film is atrocious. Far worse than TPM. It doesn't help that Hayden Christensen chose not to act in the film. I'm pretty sure a cardboard cut out of himself would have given a better performance.
The only saving grace for this film is Jango Fett, which gave us a little back story to Boba and the entertaining start of the Clone Wars. That Jedi Battle tho, not good at all. Wasted opportunity.