Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones Reviews

March 26, 2017
Fun film, great action!!!
½ March 26, 2017
C-
Attack of the Clones is still plagued by uninspired acting and a stale script. but the visuals are appealing, the story is a little more engaging, and there is some character development.
March 26, 2017
Really enjoyed it, had flaws but really enjoyed it also natalie portman is gorgeous
March 22, 2017
The absolute worst Star Wars cannon film to date. I didn't think that it could get much worse than the Phantom Menace, but boy was I wrong. This is a absolute bore. The characters are terrible and the worst of all the the primary protagonist, Skywalker. He just can't act very well and delivers just wooden lines throughout the entire film. The only saving grace is Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan. He is even given just garbage to work with through this snooze fest of a film.
March 20, 2017
A recurring statement I make when talking of the 'new' trilogy is the cardboard acting, & it doesn't come any more obvious than in Episode II. Although it starts to tackle more mature & dramatic storylines than it's predecessor Episode I (Anakin's hot headed nature that leads him to the darkside, heads getting lobed-off, etc) the performances of Portman & Christensen fail to make any of the tender moments between them credible or even bearable to continue viewing. Even though the events of the film set the stage for the following episodes (i.e. shows us where the storm troopers came from), it is ultimately a rather pointless edition in the series.
March 16, 2017
Unfortunately, attack of the clones manages to have the exact same results and the phantom menace. It's boring, characters have no development, the CGI is terrible, the acting is terrible, and the dialogue is even worse than the phantom menace. The story is horribly executed, and the love story has become a meme at this point because of how terrible it is.
March 10, 2017
"I don't like sand".
March 9, 2017
Good action sequences but that's about it
March 4, 2017
The opening sequence had a need shiny ship that descending towards coruscant. That whole part was visually stunning. The was another part where Obi-wan and Anakin chase after a bounty hunter among a highway of airspeeders. This movie has some good parts, like the ones I just mention. Two good parts. Two stars.
½ March 4, 2017
In fact, this movie is a little bit better than 'The Phantom Menace', but it not reaches the quality of the original films.
½ March 3, 2017
This movie is garbage. This is my least favorite movie of the Star Wars saga, with horrible dialogue and the worst lightsaber fight ever
½ February 26, 2017
Okay, this one was better than the last, but still, the fight between Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi and Count Dooku was dull.
February 25, 2017
It wasn't the best Star Wars movie ever made, but it definatly has its moments that make it stand out from the other movies in the saga.
February 21, 2017
I once said that Star Wars Episode 5 is better than Episode 4 because it improves upon it in every way. That's what sequels should be like. However, this movie manages to do the exact opposite, managing to be even worse than Episode 1 and amplifying every problem I had with Episode 1. Awful love story, even worse acting, even worse characters, and an over reliance on CGI. Although I will give credit where it is due, the CGI looks better, but it's still pretty bad, and it's in every scene. The only interesting part of the movie for me was the war between the droid army and clone army, and of course, we only get to see at least 30 seconds of their battle.
February 12, 2017
Although not the greatest Star Wars, there's still fun to be had. The middle of the movie can get a little slow, but there are enough elements thrown in there to keep you engaged for the spectacular finish. Some may blame Christiensen for his "bad acting", but I think it's the script that holds him back from being a great Anakin. Overall, a fun movie that at least sets up Revenge of the Sith well.
February 4, 2017
People like to hate this movie because of the 3% of the movie's runtime that Anakin is being an awkward teenager, and frankly, this movie does not deserve that. Ewan McGregor is BRILLIAN in this movie, and Hayden Christiansen isn't nearly as bad as people make him out to be, considering the lines he's expected to deliver. But Anakin is a hormonal teen, and honestly, his portrayal of this character is spot-on. Yes, it definitely could use some touching up, and it is not the best of the Star Wars films, but it is fun to watch, and only stupid for around 5 minutes.
January 31, 2017
entertaining fight scenes, somewhat interesting plot.

bad screenplay and horrible character and acting for the part of Anakin.
January 31, 2017
Another half baked, badly written prequel with the most unsympathetic, whiny, annoying Anakin Skywalker, some badly over the top action, even more CGI and a story so dull you just want to fall asleep.
½ January 24, 2017
Tedious, hard to follow, and too many annoying characters that barely make this movie worth seeing...
½ January 24, 2017
One of the worst things that ever happened to cinema