Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones Reviews

September 19, 2017
The biggest disappointment with Attack of the Clones is that, while it addresses many of the issues with The Phantom Menace, it adds its own issues to the mix. Like the previous film, it has many great moments--the chance to revisit the Tatooine homestead is nostalgic bliss, while the water-world of Kamino is unsettling in the best possible way--but the whole is less than the sum of its parts.
September 10, 2017
In my opinion the worst of all the Star Wars pictures. I remember being very disappointed leaving the cinema after it. There aren't any improvements on Phantom Menace in this film. The action sequences are also far over the top. The dialogue is incredibly boring and poorly written. Lucas also decided to keep the much hated Jar Jar Binks in it. Not only that but he gets promoted among his people in to some position of power which is farcical. To be honest I would've added another star just to see him killed off!
The problem with the prequels is they have very little of the things that made the first trilogy so great. Lucas seems to think putting a few light sabre scenes in is enough to make a good Star Wars film, it isn't!
September 6, 2017
A step up from Episode I, it's unfairly bashed when it has so many good things about it. Sure the romance, which I didn't mind that much, might be a bit weak... especailly with the gravitas that has on later episodes, but it has plenty of Jedi action to please fans.
September 5, 2017
Lol a bunch of old people hate the prequels and it's ridiculous. Great movie
September 3, 2017
I thought Star Wars Episode II: Attack do the Clones was a good one. The action and adventure is good. It is a good one in the Star Wars Franchise.
½ September 3, 2017
I hate the prequels. This is a very bad film. The prequels do prove one thing. You can have an almost unlimited budget for special effects but if the story is bad and the dialogue is bad then you are making a really bad film.
September 2, 2017
So I see some people are not for this movie I don't see why I thought it was a good movie! I noticed it got right down the action and fighting so it starts to get better as the series continues
½ September 2, 2017
MEH... not much else to say but MEH
½ September 2, 2017
Way better than Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones still has some flaws but the CGI looks better.
September 1, 2017
A very good film. Yes, the cgi was too much but fortunately we saw less Jar Jar Binks, more great action scenes, and overall a better quality film than The Phantom Menace and certainly a million times better than the Disney trash like The Force Awakens and Rogue One.
August 31, 2017
good george lucuas see better
August 23, 2017
A Muddled mess. Weaker story even than TPM
½ August 19, 2017
I.HATE.HAYDEN he's such a bad actor
August 19, 2017
Lifeless and boring!
½ August 14, 2017
Though it is an improvement over "A Phantom Menace", with better action, the movie still falls flat through bad dialogue and a dumb plot.
August 14, 2017
You know, when it wasn't focusing on the horrific romance, this movie wasn't half bad.
August 11, 2017
Alright, "The Phantom Menace" wasn't that awful ... but "Attack of the Clones" was. Holy Shit! What a bad movie. Starting with the romance, I mean, Hayden Christensen is one of the worst actors out there, I mean ever. Neither his chemistry with Natalie Portman nor the romance itself works. The CGI, the wire work and the green/blue screen are all awful, this movie contains of the worse visual effects works ever made in cinema. As well as some other decisions and casting choices made this movie the worst of the entire franchise.
August 10, 2017
This was one of the worst films I've ever seen and THE worst Star Wars film I've ever watched