Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones Reviews

April 30, 2017
Si el Episodio Uno la considero una "mala" pelcula a la que le tengo cierto cario...esta es un desastre por la que no siento ms que un odio profundo.

Y no es que est exanta de elementos interesantes. Algo que me gusta de la triloga es su trama poltica, que si bien es simplona, al menos contextualiza muy bien el universo, especialmente a la hora de construir el Imperio de la triloga clsica.

Pero ah se acaba todo. Lo dems es pura mierda. El personaje de Anakin es odioso y est escrito de pena. La actuacin de Christensen es de escndalo (de lo desastrosa que es). Natalie Portman parece que est por all de paso (aunque en la tercera ser aun peor). Esa historia de amor....ay, madre...esa historia de amor. George Lucas ha tenido alguna relacin amorosa sana en su vida? Por que sin duda esta no solo no parece real, sino que es tan txica que da miedo.

Por supuesto ese supuesto "descenso a las tinieblas" de Anakin es tan torpe (incluso teniendo buenos elementos de base) que da la sensacin de que uno de los villanos ms increibles de toda la historia nace de una rabieta de quincieero en edad del pavo. La serie de Tartakovsky lo haca mucho mejor en un episodio de 5 minutos...

Seores, estas son las bases de la gran epopeya que se construir a continuacin, y no solo son ridiculas...sino que son poco creibles.

En fin...la peor de la saga, y un insulto a la gran franquicia que es Star Wars...horrible.
April 23, 2017
I don't know about everyone else but I really liked this film. I think people take the acting too seriously in the prequels when its supposed to be cheesy and bad like old Flash Gordon serials but that evidence never seems to click to anyone but me. Maybe its because I don't take Star Wars so seriously and can see what George Lucas is trying to do. But anyway what I really liked was the world building and the continuation of Anakin's character arc from Phantom Menace. John Williams' score is the best in this installment of the saga and helps you buy Anakin and Padme falling in love. The lightsaber battle at the end is kind of meh but thankfully is saved by Yoda. Anyway, I found enough to enjoy from Attack of the Clones, its not perfect but its far from being as bad as some would believe.
April 23, 2017
Solid movie with thrilling action just needs some more character development
April 17, 2017
This movie is some hot ass
½ April 17, 2017
Full of terrible dialogue, horrible casting and a couple with 0 chemistry, Attack of the Clones is the worst Star Wars movie ever made
April 15, 2017
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,¦ti,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,¦,,,,,¢,,,,,,¦,,,,¢,,,,,¦,,,¢,,,,¦uk¢,¦â¦...............
½ April 9, 2017
Somehow a step down from Episode I, Attack of the Clones might feature more action, but the dialogue is even worse, and Hayden Christensen is one of the worst actors in existence.
April 9, 2017
From the really bad acting to the god awful visual effects, Star Wars episode 2 definitely is, the worst Star Wars movie.
April 9, 2017
"Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones", while it is more watchable than its predecessor, proves to be a worse film still. The performances have no depth to them (in particular Christensen and Portman), though we are given a great performance from McGregor. However the story lacks credibility, and aside from the battle at the end it lacks any excitement.
April 6, 2017
DON'T WATCH IT I DARE YOU DON'T
this thing shoudn't exist as a star wars movie
reason-bad dialouges,bad acting,poorly executed action sequences and biggest thing THE TITLE OF THE DAMN MOVIE
SPOILERS

If clone army is helping the jedi masters than why the hell the title says attack of the clones

IT JUST SUCKS
April 4, 2017
Although not the greatest Star Wars, there's still fun to be had. The middle of the movie can get a little slow, but there are enough elements thrown in there to keep you engaged for the spectacular finish. Some may blame Christensen for his "bad acting", but I think it's the script that holds him back from being a great Anakin. Overall, a fun movie that at least sets up Revenge of the Sith well.
April 3, 2017
I championed this second Star Wars prequel on its release because it 'seemed' more in spirit with the classic trilogy than the disappointing 'Episode 1' which, I felt was basically a kids movie sans heart. Then with the release of the quite solid 'Revenge of the Sith', I saw this one for what it was- a turgid, inter-galactic snoozefest with wooden performances, soap opera dialogue, and effects that were too ambitious for the realism they meant to acheive. Or was it simply a case of too much greenscreen for the actors to perform against? The movie is also painstakingly long and demands more attention than it deserves. Also, due to the fact that we know Anakin will turn to the dark side of the force anyway, how can we accept him as a hero? The narrative is kind of pointless (especially against a soppy unconvincing love story) and only serves to bridge the gap to the final act in the Anakin saga.
½ April 2, 2017
The biggest flaw with this film is that it doesn't feel like Star Wars in the slightest. A poorly written love story and teen angst leads a film which is a step back from what should have been a major step forward following The Phantom Menace.
April 2, 2017
Solid, but not as good as the first.
½ April 1, 2017
I still can't forgive the overlong factory scene. but it had some pretty cool stuff, and adds lots of little meaningful things to the trilogy. (updated review)
March 31, 2017
Star Wars Episode II Attack Of The Clones is often the Star Wars movie people tend to just not talk about. It is often stated to be to long and drawn out and with out the feel of Star Wars. Attack Of The Clones, though isn't a normal Star Wars. It is a love story and a mystery story. It's very romantic yet ominous. Plenty of nods to The Empire Strikes Back. Our heros are split up and we find our characters in a dark situation. The dialogue between Anakin and Padm is often laughed at. It is t the most real relation ship we would find in the real world. But think about it. Anakin has never really been with a girl he has the hot for before. He has spent the last 10 years in the Jedi Order where they say he has to be mindful of his feelings. He is going to come off very rough around the edges and akward. Episode II perfectly continues what Episode I left us off with despite the 10 year gap between the events of the two films. The Jedi are cautious to get involved in growing political tensions to not start a war. The Jedi are also being mindful of Anakin's training and trying to find the sith. The Mystery and investigating part of Episode II is truly the best part of the movie. Seeing what a Jedi investigation is like is very exciting. Episode II leaves many other mysteries to be left explained like Why and How the Cline Army was commissioned and why did Count Dooku leave the Jedi Order. Seeing Palpatine groom Anakin the way Anakin wants because he feel is he isn't getting the positive feedback from his Jedi Peers. Anakin's struggle in this film gives you the smallest taste of his inevitable fall from grace to be Darth Vader.
March 26, 2017
Fun film, great action!!!
½ March 26, 2017
C-
Attack of the Clones is still plagued by uninspired acting and a stale script. but the visuals are appealing, the story is a little more engaging, and there is some character development.
March 26, 2017
Really enjoyed it, had flaws but really enjoyed it also natalie portman is gorgeous
March 22, 2017
The absolute worst Star Wars cannon film to date. I didn't think that it could get much worse than the Phantom Menace, but boy was I wrong. This is a absolute bore. The characters are terrible and the worst of all the the primary protagonist, Skywalker. He just can't act very well and delivers just wooden lines throughout the entire film. The only saving grace is Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan. He is even given just garbage to work with through this snooze fest of a film.