Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones Reviews

½ October 20, 2016
It's bad. Really bad. Not even McGregor or Portman could fix the god-awful script.
October 18, 2016
Nja, lngtar nog till nr 4!
October 13, 2016
Definitely an improvement on the Phantom Menace.Attack of the Clones was kinda great and Lucas' method of building Anakin Skywalker is well appreciated by me..
½ October 10, 2016
I do appreciate that they tried to make the characters more human and tried to bring some humor, even if they might not have always done great. Obi-Wan makes this film a lot more enjoyable to watch. In fact if Obi-Wan and Anakin's relationship was more of a focus I think that this would've been a stronger movie. However it's still Star Wars, and Star Wars is pretty chill.
October 9, 2016
Bunch of actors and actresses pretending to interact with objects on a blue screen, in a lifeless environment filled with unjustified laser fights and saber fights to somewhat attempt to be a Star Wars film.
½ October 7, 2016
fuck this movie. the love scenes are so fucking awkward you'll never cringe harder in your life. you'll hate sand for the rest of your life too. points for the clone war stuff, more action, and almost no jar jar binks
½ October 6, 2016
A roller coaster of opinions take sway in the analysis of this film. With Lucas at the helm, many blame him for what is an all time low of acting and chemistry between Cristianson and Portman's major lead roles with the notable exception of McGregor's Obi Wan Kenobi. This was not aided by a frank lack of character development and exceedingly rushed plot lines with the sudden addition of Lee's (albeit very well portrayed) Count Dooku. Though, masterful CGI and never-before seen action sequences do raise merit for the films; with epic lightsaber action and interstellar dogfights. Whilst highly criticised, the politics continues to bring an interesting aspect to this highly loved universe; not to mention, the evident lack of Jar Jar Binks was a welcome change to its predecessor. Whether fans accept it or not, the film is not abysmal, and brings new life into the dedicated fandom that is 'Star Wars'.
½ October 4, 2016
In my opinion star wars episode 1 is better than this one. If I watch it I want to go to sleep. If you haven't seen this movie, don't see it. Do yourself a favor.
September 27, 2016
Solid movie, but far from the perfection of the original trilogy.
September 25, 2016
Better Than The Phantom Menace, But The Plot Still Needs Work
But Don't get me started on the love story
½ September 25, 2016
½ September 19, 2016
One of my favorites from the ever growing saga. To see Grand Master Yoda in action, the ignition of the Clone Wars, Jango Fett engage Obi-Wan Kenobi and Mace Windu, the arena battle and the genesis of the emotions that would give birth to Darth Vader all make for a brilliant ride!
September 17, 2016
The biggest disappointment with Attack of the Clones is that, while it addresses many of the issues with The Phantom Menace, it doesn't address the core issue of underwritten characters. What's more, this is often an ugly film: it features a garish colour palette and an antiseptic digital sheen, both of which are problems that The Phantom Menace avoided. That said, Obi-Wan Kenobi's story is somewhat involving, and a scene on a rainy platform is a great action setpiece. With a plot structure clearly modelled on The Empire Strikes Back, Attack of the Clones' biggest achievement is in highlighting that film's strengths in comparison.
September 11, 2016
More action packed and less Jar Jar thank god!
September 10, 2016
Begun The Clone War Has
½ September 6, 2016
Disappointing but better than the Phantom Menace.
September 4, 2016
With the action better executed and the story told with energy this time round, Episode II is a more entertaining entry to the saga than its forgotten predecessor, but not exactly more impressive. It inevitably carries the problems that the trilogy started with - slanted acting, cheap VFX, wasted A-listers - and creates new ones (lifeless romance, wining acting) that can only do less justice to the saga than ever before.
September 3, 2016
This is probably going to be the most forgotten addition of the Star Wars film series to date, purely because it acts as like a connecting part of the story. It's not one that particularly has a significant part of the saga within it, and I think after the first episode, everyone is just keen to see the moment when Anakin transforms to the dark side. Of course that doesn't happen yet, and so this is all about building that moment up. It does a good job and its Star Wars so it's an automatic thumbs up from me. My favourite part is the introduction of Jango Fett, purely because the role of Boba Fett is one of my idolised characters in the original series. I don't feel either of them have been given the screen time they deserve so that's about the only disappoint of this movie. In their defence though, it's difficult to incorporate characters as part of this knowing full well that they have to ensure it all ties in nicely to episode 4 when we get there, so there are limitations to the script they produce. It does all get a bit luvvy duvvy in this one but again we have to put that down to keeping with the story, as how else are Luke and Leia going to be produced? I'd say the most famous part of this episode is that we are showcased to a Lightsabre battle from Yoda, so often the frail leader of the Jedi council, but now at the forefront of the special effects available to the producers. It's kind of corny but everyone loves a bit of Yoda so it's bound to raise a smile or two. Other than that there's not a great deal of memorable moments but it's just a good all round feel good film that will have its profile raised (arguably higher than it should) from the franchise it is part of. It's a must see for any fan of the series, but will no doubt go under the radar a little in comparison to the others.
½ September 2, 2016
Its not as bad as some people assume, it does have it flaws,pacing and durability problems,and some script and acting issues but its really fun,entertaining,and interesting enough to keep viewers watching
August 31, 2016
Wonderful movie! Reveals Anakin Skyealker story in beautiful manner, with great music.