Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones Reviews

½ August 14, 2017
Though it is an improvement over "A Phantom Menace", with better action, the movie still falls flat through bad dialogue and a dumb plot.
August 14, 2017
You know, when it wasn't focusing on the horrific romance, this movie wasn't half bad.
August 11, 2017
Alright, "The Phantom Menace" wasn't that awful ... but "Attack of the Clones" was. Holy Shit! What a bad movie. Starting with the romance, I mean, Hayden Christensen is one of the worst actors out there, I mean ever. Neither his chemistry with Natalie Portman nor the romance itself works. The CGI, the wire work and the green/blue screen are all awful, this movie contains of the worse visual effects works ever made in cinema. As well as some other decisions and casting choices made this movie the worst of the entire franchise.
August 10, 2017
This was one of the worst films I've ever seen and THE worst Star Wars film I've ever watched
½ August 10, 2017
The second installment of this trilogy still never soars as high as the originals, but remains fitfully entertaining. Lucas' flaws from The Phantom Menace still remain, such as an undercooked screenplay and an overabundance of bluescreened backgrounds. And Christensen was clearly not the right choice for a character who is meant to display such emotion and internal conflict. This also makes his romance with Portman flat, especially since the writing for it is rather shallow. But it has a climax that delivers to the maximum, and seeing Yoda in full action is undoubtedly the biggest "fanboy" moment ever. Samuel L. Jackson's under-usage is unforgivable, but he (and his unique purple lightsaber) steal every scene that he is in. Christopher Lee's demeanor is also a great contribution, even though he has almost as little development as the previous film's villain. All in all, it is a fun blockbuster that makes an entertaining watch, even despite its narrative shortcomings.
August 7, 2017
Star Wars attack of the clones was a good movie I like how it will get right to action and fights I thought Count Dooku was a better Sith then Maul. The battle of count Dooku vs Skywalker and Obi-Wan was cool. There funny parts in this movie and much more. You know i've noticed Anakin Skywalker is becoming more aggressive and is starting to become bad so it's like he Will be converting to the Dark side, I prefer the newer Star Wars movies they are more fun to watch that's just how I look at this. To me this movie gets a 75% there was nothing wrong with this movie. Choose your destiny the light side or the dark side!
August 6, 2017
Second best movie of all time, I can't believe it's rating.
August 3, 2017
Oh God, Lucas!? What have you done to this movie!? 2002 was a really dark time for Star Wars. This is really what is supposed to the WORST Star Wars prequel and the WORST Star Wars movie IN GENERAL!!! Even though I liked the battle of Geonosis, even though I thought Count Dooku and Jango Fett were pretty good characters, even though I liked the first battle between Obi-Wan and Jango, what really bothered me the most is HOW MUCH ROMANCE IS USED!!! Anakin and Padme are a good Star Wars couple, but really their introduction as a couple is just FILLER!!! Zam Wessel was a pretty decent character in this film, but really she had so much little screentime like Venom in Spiderman 3 and evil Optimus in Transformers 5 years later. And I'll be honest, young Boba was a mediocre character. THAT'S ALL WHAT I HAVE TO SAY.
½ August 2, 2017
After Episode I, George Lucas strikes back with one more steaming pile of shit. Awful CGI, empty characters, wooden acting (with the exception of Sir Christopher Lee and Samuel L. Jackson - and McGregor too sometimes), one of the most cringe-worthy love stories ever, dozens of useless scenes, shameless exposition... Apart from a handful of sequences that could and should have been better but at least managed to be mildly interesting, anything else herein - even the action - is just plain boring.
July 30, 2017
In my opinion, this movie was worse than The Phantom Menace. About 65% of this movie is a love story between the now kinda grown up but still whiny Anakin Skywalker. He was actually really annoying in this movie. There was more complaining from him than there was action in the whole movie! And the romance that Lucas tried to bring about on the audience was just cringy to watch. But, now on to some positives, I just needed to get those rants out of my system. The action definitely was more exciting in this movie. The Sith Lord continues to try and bring about the Dark Side of the force with an introduction of Count Dooku (the new villain for this movie.) The final battle between Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Count Dooku is exciting to watch and we even get to see Yoda fight for the first time in this series. Overall, Attack of the Clones fails to bring about the feels of a true Star Wars movie as too much attention was focused on bringing about the cringiest love story in Star Wars history.
½ July 20, 2017
This is not good I don't enjoy it but I like the Jedi fight scene at the end and the concept of clones
½ July 16, 2017
The chemistry between Christensen and Portman doesn't exist, which is unfortunate and bring the movie down a bit, but I still enjoy this. Plenty of fun action sequences, and the clone army story is an interesting premise.
July 10, 2017
It improves with better action scenes and visual effects (and less Jar Jar Binks), though it still suffers from clumsy pacing, some lazy acting, and a forced romance.
July 5, 2017
This is looked upon by a large crowd of Star Wars fan as the worst movie in the franchise, and while I can understand why, I respectfully disagree. Far from one of the best Star Wars movies, I will admit that, but it was alright. I don't like the romance between Anakin and Padme since it feels cheesy, awkward, and I never felt like there was a spark in their chemistry, but the environments of this film look great, and the light saber fights are the greatest part of the movie. I especially love the duel between Yoda and Count Dooku. I know some people don't like seeing Yoda fighting with a light saber, but I thought it was cool that he did that. But again, the major downside for me is Anakin and Padme's relationship since it really does bring the movie down from being good.
July 5, 2017
Attack of the Clones doesn't have a great acting, the characters are not well developed and sometimes they're a little awkward. Although, the lightsaber battles and the action sequences are fantastic.
July 4, 2017
Good film not better than the first
½ June 26, 2017
Attack of the Clones has a lot of clichés, it really exagerates...ejem ejem.. Shmi Skywalker... the strange development of the love story.
But the climax of the battle was outstanding and perfect. I really liked that battle with John Williams' music.
June 26, 2017
Bad plot and visuals, but more and better action.

6.0/10