Stephen King's 'Desperation' Reviews

• Apr 20, 2017

I thought the novel was pretty fun, but this thing sucks everything good out of it.

• Mar 12, 2017

In my opinion this is one of the most underrated films ever adapted from a stephen king book. My favorite book, word for word quotes, good acting, and great makeup.

• Oct 23, 2015

Ok look: it's low budget, and it has B-list actors (though some pretty decent performances regardless). Also, a lot of Stephen King's dialogue is better on the page (or spoken in an audiobook) than it is in a movie. But I think if you put that aside, this was a fairly solid movie, and a great adaptation of the book. If this had been given the budget of a proper Hollywood movie, I think it could have been one of the better adaptations of a Stephen King work.

• Jul 14, 2015

Ron Pearlman was extra creepy but fit the part .. :) watched it on YouTube

Ron Pearlman was extra creepy but fit the part .. :) watched it on YouTube

• Mar 19, 2015

I liked this movie a lot. The cast was great.

I liked this movie a lot. The cast was great.

• Dec 27, 2014

A poor treatment of a genuinely terrifying book - such a shame.

A poor treatment of a genuinely terrifying book - such a shame.

• Sep 11, 2014

Very intriguing in the beginning but then it gets confused and it ends awfully!

Very intriguing in the beginning but then it gets confused and it ends awfully!

• Dec 16, 2013

great movie for a Halloween night. Interesting use of animals to add an otherworldly eeriness.

• Nov 17, 2013

Very atmospheric and chilling thriller...for 45 minutes, then once Ron Perlman is off-screen, the film collapses under religious overtones and a complete loss of tension. I'm a big fan of most Stephen King adaptations but I'm always wary they can go either way, and apart from Ron Perlman's nutty performance, there really isn't anything here you care about. Watch the first half, then switch it off, because the last act doesn't do this low-budget, tv movie any favours.

• Nov 03, 2013

I have not read the book. I thought the movie was pretty good. Ron Perlman makes it though and when he leaves it goes downhill.