Stephen King's 'Silver Bullet' Reviews

• Apr 18, 2021

A tame werewolf flick drenched in PG-13 1980s style has corny coming-of-age heart, solid supporting performances and the usual array of Stephen King stock characters. Enjoy it for what it is.

• Mar 28, 2021

Nice decapitation contrasting with that folksy v/o. Our wheeelchair protagonist is a nice touch and the savagery of the werewolf's attacks are really quite effective. But is it played straight, or are starting to vey gently parody Stephen King and werewolf flicks? It's just slightly too big and over the top. But you've got to love Gary Busey being in a slightly different film and it rolls along at a cracking pace.

• Dec 18, 2020

Best werewolf movie ever made! Gary Busey is great! The wolf costume could have been better, but this movie genuinely haunted me growing up. I've watched it multiple times as an adult, and it still holds up.

• Nov 19, 2020

The sole cinematic directing credit for Daniel Attias, Silver Bullet feels a lot less of a horror film than many of Stephen King's adaptations, and is actually more like a wacky comedy with the occasional horror element. The best thing about the film was Gary Busey, an actor I'm always happy to seem, regardless of how ridiculous the film he's in appears to be. He brings a lot of heart and authenticity to what could have just been a throwaway role, and its easy to see why our lead Marty is so enamoured with him. The plot of the film is nothing special and the town in which its set is populated almost entirely by a series of Stephen King stereotypes, many of whom have little involvement with the central story. It doesn't feel like a proper werewolf film, more like a family drama that just so happens to have a werewolf in it. It's clear that the filmmakers didn't want the creature to feature too prominently, so we only see brief glimpses of it here and there. That makes sense, since the costume the actor is forced to wear is completely ridiculous, like something you'd make for Halloween if you and your friends pooled your spare change. It's not a bad film, just a minor one, considering what other movies have resulted from King stories over the years. See it if you're a King completionist. Otherwise, there's a lot of other films to choose from.

• Sep 30, 2020

I saw this as a kid in the 80s and loved it. If you like the original Fright Night, Goonies, Stand by Me, or newer stuff like Stranger Things youll like this too

• Sep 16, 2020

This film is a favorite of the werewolf genre and a delight to watch. Gary Busey is funny as the weird ,but lovable Uncle!Some creepy moments in this story!

• Jun 17, 2020

Excellent and timeless fun. Yet another werewolf tale, 80s style! Great performances all around, from Corey Haim and Gary Busey and Lawrence Tierney, Everett Mc Gill (Twin Peaks) and Terry O'Quinn (Lost). Produced by Italian master Dino De Laurentiis (King Kong, Flash Gordon, Dead Zone, Blue Velvet etc)

• Jun 13, 2020

The film starts off in such a fantastic way with the premise and the characterization. the potential is somewhat squandered towards the end with a cheesy reveal and even cheesier werewolf suit. What makes this film awesome is Corey Haim and Gary Busey and the old warm tingly feeling that only 80s horror films have.

• May 10, 2020

The film embraces itself as a dumb werewolf plot, but King's adapted screenplay plays it up for laughs, the production work is high quality, and the chemistry between Busey, Follows, and Haim is believable.

• May 10, 2020

My favorite movie and best werewolf movie out there.

My favorite movie and best werewolf movie out there.