Streets of Blood Reviews

• Jun 13, 2015

Val Kilmer is the only good thing about this stupid thriller, which has many strange twists and turns which make no sense at all.

• Feb 13, 2015

Who would have thought a movie starring Fitty Cent would suck?

Who would have thought a movie starring Fitty Cent would suck?

• Bruce B Super Reviewer
    Jan 07, 2014

I saw this movie because I was interested in the plot and the cast. The "dirty cops" premise is lately becoming an exploitation, to mind come "Training day", "Dark blue", "Narc", and "Dirty". Unfortunately all these are far superior than this mess. The cinematography is nothing special, sometimes OK, sometimes awful. The story is quasi-complicated and fails to bring any tension whatsoever. The acting is not bad, but nothing special either. Val Kilmer, Sharon Stone and Barry Shabaka Hennley have little to work with. Biehn is pretty enjoyable. To me the biggest surprise was 50 cent - he wouldn't win any award for his acting here, but let's be honest, if I didn't knew he wasn't an actor but a gangsta-rapper I would have never guessed it. His character is supposed to be torn apart between right and wrong, but we don't really feel for him or never do we really see his inner struggle. This is however due to bad writing and is not Jackson's fault. He is not worse than any of the other actors in the movie, this could be due to the thin story, but still he does OK, no complaints here. Of course to all who know something about 50 cent, fans or haters, it is hilarious to hysterical to watch him run around dressed as a patrol cop. The dialogue is average. Now the action on the other hand, if not on par with films as "Heat", "Ronin", or even Michael Bay's flicks is actually quite well executed. The viewer is never confused who is shooting at whom and why, no guns firing 100000000 bullets without reloading either. The ending doesn't make much sense. The editing is good, no MTV-style quick cuts. Overall it is just a movie to kill some time with, but don't expect anything above average. If You are interested in the cast feel free to watch it. 3 Stars. 12-12-13

• Mar 16, 2013

How I spend my Saturday nights, watching terrible ass movies like this, smh. I mean wow...turrible (Charles Barkley voice)...

• Mar 06, 2013

While calling "Streets of Blood" good might be a stretch there are some solid elements among the missteps and if you're a fan of Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson he stands out as a pretty good actor in the film. Most of the performances are actually pretty good and if characters aren't convincing in their parts it's mostly because the material they're given often reduces them to cartoonish characters. Many characters are really outlandish and aren't believable at all while other are just fine. "Stan" seems like a realistic person, someone who starts cutting corners and eventually can't help but succumb to temptation as his personal problems keep pilling up but Val Kilmer's character "Andy" is one of the most corrupt police officers you'll ever see... and he's supposed to be the good guy? Are we supposed to cheer for someone that goes around endangering himself and his fellow officers, making up stories and breaking into warehouses just so he can be judge, jury and executioner? It's made clear that he doesn't steal anything (drugs, weapons or money) from the crooks he takes down but he guns down so many people that the whole film you'll be expecting every other bad copy to drop what they're doing and rat him out except for the fact that the other bad cops we see carelessly go around executing whoever they please, discharging their firearms in mid-air in celebration (bet you that isn't suspicious, don't officers have to report to their superiors every time they pull the trigger?) while the enormously incompetent police chief sits around either oblivious or in denial. There are at least two side plots that could have been dropped (The psychiatrist suspecting the corruption and the mysterious gang getting the upper hand on all of the others to name a couple) to help streamline the movie and clarify how we're supposed to feel about each character, how the city is changing them and where they're ultimately headed. As is, some plots go nowhere and there's at least one character who's simply dropped altogether towards the climax of the film. During the end credits we see shots of New Orleans and we get to witness the sorry state the people and the city is in but there's no clear message as to what needs to be done or how we should feel about it aside from the natural "wow, that's too bad that no help is coming" reaction you would get from a normal news report. If you're a really big fan of cop dramas "Streets of Blood" might be your thing but amid the things that work there are a too many messy scenes that don't. (Dvd, March 3, 2013)

• Jan 08, 2013

pretty good acting from 50 cent

pretty good acting from 50 cent

• Nov 10, 2012

Clean cop dirty cop story. Movie captured the awful post Katrina New Orleans crime situation. Sad to see Val starring in substandard movies. I think it's time he fires his agent and hire Meryl' Streep's agent.

• May 12, 2012

Should have called it streets of crap.

Should have called it streets of crap.

• May 12, 2012

It looks like they paid some kid $10 to run with the camera. Poor quality film and even worse acting. Im typically a Val Kilmer fan, but here is one he should not have taken part in.

• Nov 11, 2011

Garbage. There was nothing smart about this cop drama. I fell asleep during the last quarter. Apparently 50 died.