Suicide Kings Reviews

• Sep 12, 2018

Christoffer Walken really is the King. Not very much else to are..

Christoffer Walken really is the King. Not very much else to are..

• Aug 27, 2018

Not even the endlessly watchable wiles of Christopher Walken can save this miserably constructed and paced wannabe crime film. Following shamelessly in the footsteps of far superior movies such as "Reservoir Dogs" and "GoodFellas," "Suicide Kings" not only possesses neither the charm nor the intrigue of either option, but it's also just not well put together overall. Featuring a slew of unnecessary scenes, flashbacks, and dialogue tangents, all you'd have to do is tack on a shitty downer of an ending to make me really not appreciate this flick. Oh, wait. They did that too. Yeesh.

• Dec 07, 2017

Interesting premise. Fairly typical 90s indie flick though. But it's good enough throughout, with a cool cast. Leary and Galecki shine most.

• May 22, 2017

a little to long the score did not age well acting is hit and miss but Christopher walken keeps the story grounded and the twists are just good enough to not be a disappointment

• Dec 19, 2016

A film that could be fun but it thinks it's way smarter than it is.

A film that could be fun but it thinks it's way smarter than it is.

• Jul 12, 2016

Suicide Kings 1997. Ignore the bad reviews this is a great film and it is also a great re-watch. I highly recommend this film

• Jun 25, 2016

Christopher Walken fucks with everyone while tied up. Also the title of my sex tape.

• May 20, 2016

I really thought this movie had a lot of funny lines and a good plot. I guess I'm not a critic.

• Apr 28, 2016

I really dont get the low scores by anyone everywhere. I loved this film, it was tense, entertaining, surprising, well-acted and well-written (some parts). What more do you want. It's by no means a perfect movie and the script is a bit conventional, but it sure as hell is an entertaining crime mystery. It's surprisingly good. Starts off maybe a bit silly and random, but gets better and better as it goes on. The twists at the end are completely unpredictable, but there are so many twists it does become a little bit ridiculous. However, very surprising. Great cast, of stars and stars-to-be: Christopher Walken, Dennis Leary, Jay Mohr, Sean Patrick Flannery. Christopher Walken brings his usual brooding intensity, Dennis Leary the humour and wisecracks (apparently many of his lines were ad libbed) and Jay Mohr the insanity. Also includes Johnny Galecki, long before he was famous for Big Bang Theory.

• Feb 05, 2016

This film is at its best when Walken is featured. I enjoyed the cast in this film, especially Jay Mohr and Patrick Flannery, but the plot is a little jumbled, and the flashbacks that take place throughout the film are pretty silly. The movie centers around a group of rich college grads who kidnap a mob boss in order to get one of the guys sisters back. It doesn't make a lot of sense so you automatically know something else is going on, and it's an inside job. While the sounds nice the execution is muddled a little bit. The film needed more Walken and less silliness. Whenever he is featured like I said at the beginning the film is definitely at its best. The potential of this film was there but the execution...possibly the film itself not knowing what direction it wanted to go in, is its downfall.