Sunshine Cleaning Reviews

• 1d ago

The acting was good, but not the screenwriting.

The acting was good, but not the screenwriting.

• Sep 18, 2020

When I think of this movie it always reminds me of working at Blockbuster back in the day around 2008/2009. This movie was not on my radar back then and I definitely wasn't familiar with this movie's two leads, little known actresses Emily Blunt and Amy Adams. This is a dark comedy/drama about 2 sisters who start a business cleaning up murder scenes and not really knowing all the ins and outs and requirements of that particular business. There is a particular fantastic scene with Emily Blunt screaming under train tracks that is so incredibly well done in the story as a whole. Alan Arkin plays their dad who's always trying to come up with a get rich quick scam and takes care of Amy Adams' son quite a bit in the film and they share a fantastic chemistry of sorts.

• Aug 14, 2020

Sweet uplifting film, focused on family relationships, living with loss and reconfiguring your life. Feels like there are a couple of avenues left uncharted, but I guess that is life!

• Jun 21, 2020

A lot of fun thanks to the great leads and different story.

A lot of fun thanks to the great leads and different story.

• Oct 18, 2019

Fairly entertaining, if not too exciting family comedy-drama solidly directed and especially watchable for the good ensemble of characters.

• Aug 19, 2019

Not my kind of film, but it was done well. Acting was good, and some of the (rather dry) humor was funny. A bit dark; I think the point is to show people on their downswing in life and how they can fight to lift back out of it. Poor Amy Adams and Emily Blunt - they are way too pretty for this to happen to them! ;)

• Jul 30, 2019

Interesting movie--Amy Adams and Alan Arkin in his supporting role were first rate. Emily Blunt as the rudderless clutz was so-so. Kept our attention and a great pastime movie.

• Jul 12, 2019

It is an amazing time piece of personal and family struggles and satire. Dysfunction that's more common than we like to think, yet within it amazing relationships like that between Alan Arkin and his grandson. Great cinematography, writing, acting.

• Jun 23, 2019

A charming dark comedy. Amy Adams and Emily Blunt were made to act together

A charming dark comedy. Amy Adams and Emily Blunt were made to act together

• Jan 16, 2019

Adams and Blunt bring this drama masking as a black comedy about corpses to life, providing the emotional connective tissue that the hap(bio)hazard screenplay lacks. Like a crime scene where the motley parts don't add up to a single body---unless the victim had an eleventh finger---the overabundance of quirks leaves the viewer wanting more, not for pleasure but just to make sense of it all.