Super Capers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Super Capers Reviews

½ January 31, 2015
Everything in this movie is wrong and outdated jokes! :-\
January 15, 2015
If it were possible this "thing" would merit negative stars. I defy anyone to watch more than 30 minutes of this abomination.
October 6, 2013
Super Capers begins as a campy tribute to comic book heroes and their 1960s and '70s TV incarnations, but quickly descends into an ineptly paced, toothless lampoon of sci-fi and fantasy films. the trailer is better than the movie-what does that say?
½ September 25, 2013
Not funny enough to make up for how bad it is. At least it was short.
January 22, 2013
This might be the most disappointing movie I've ever seen. I was very very very excited to see it. I love superheroes and I love the cast. But this film was simply terrible. It was beyond cheesy and just terribly written all around. How Ray Griggs got the people he did to agree to be in it, I'll never know.

I wish this film had had a heart... And a brain... And really a full body transplant altogether.
January 7, 2013
I will not be watching this one.
November 18, 2012
Literally 0 in tomatometer... WOW
December 11, 2011
This movie has an interesting concept but falls a bit short. Some funny parts, and some nice little references to other movies like music, sets, and other props.
½ November 27, 2011
"Super Capers" is a made-for-video movie that somehow, inexplicably got a theatrical release playing to mostly empty houses where all of the jokes sound with a resounded thud made even worse by the emptiness. This cheap-looking, dull and lifeless spoof has the honor of being the worst film I've seen so far this year. The plot is convoluted, the cast is uninspired and even the alleged star cameos add little in the way of fun to the proceedings. In fact, anymore I get the feeling that there isn't anything Adam West wouldn't say to get his face out there.
The movie is full of obvious and dumb jokes, less-than-stellar special effects are amateurish directing. It's obviously aimed at fanboys and re-teen boys, but it didn't have to feel like it was written by pre-teen boys. There were more laughs in last year's similarly themed "Superhero Movie", and that was pretty forgettable and lazy as well. At least the earlier film carried a "PG-13" rating and had some edge, unlike this generic and kid-friendly outing. It simply has no bite, and there for a while I was left wondering if it was going to even have an ending.
The young cast is game enough, but they're not given anything to work with. It's the veterans, like Michael Rooker and Tom Sizemore that really should be embarrassed by their participation in this. There are plenty of laughs to be mined from the recent glut of superhero movies to be sure, and "Super Capers" manages to avoid every single one of them. This is a joyless film with a glaring lack of imagination.
November 14, 2011

November 12, 2011
There's a fine line between campy but fun & enjoyable and just plain stupid. This movie trips over that line far too often and ends up just plain asinine. I liked the super hero aspect. The characters with powers were cool enough. The remainder was just too silly to be enjoyed. Not worth your time.
½ November 3, 2011
A pretty terrible movie, I just like some of the people in it.
½ November 13, 2010
I thought this could have been good... I was wrong.... they could have at least made fun of the fact that the bad guy was the main characters father and how his father killing his parents makes no sense but they didnt .... meh
½ September 21, 2010
I don't know what everyone here is talking about. Its cheap, its campy, and thats how it was supposed to be :) Watch it and enjoy it for what it is. For crying out loud ... they don't take themselves seriously in the movie ... why should you?! Just enjoy all the references and cameos.
½ September 19, 2010
I can't think of a positive thing to say about this movie.
½ August 31, 2010
de terror , una apologia a la pelotudez por mas cameos copados.
July 14, 2010
While it did have its funny moments, the cast was extraordinarily weak, and some of the jokes made me shake my head. I understand that I'm not supposed to take this movie seriously, but it so shamelessly stole from other movies that almost every single scene was comprised of nothing but the most cliche jokes and parodies that have been used time and time again. There is nothing I hate worse than a comedy movie that just is flat-out not funny. I had to watch this movie in segments, it was far too painful to view in one sitting.
May 21, 2010
This is not the worst film but I'm not sure it's worth the time. Rather silly (not in a good way) and mindless. I thought this film would at least be a little funny but it was not. The story was flat and the plot was very slow. The acting was simply bad. The best part of the film was the comic-book style credits at the beginning of the film. I would not recommend this film to anyone.
½ April 17, 2010
There were a few nice ideas in this parody from Ray Griggs and it is packed with fan favourite cult movie stars but ultimately this movie fails to provoke many laughs. "Super Capers" was intended to kickstart a series of movies featuring the hapless heroes, but I really cannot see that happening! The movie may be worth watching though for a brilliant cameo from Adam West (Batman) which for me was the highlight of the film.
April 4, 2010
Looks kind of bad but kind of funny