Superman Returns - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Superman Returns Reviews

October 19, 2016
Actually pretty decent. "Superman Returns" features enough highlights for me to consider it pretty good. I mean it's not great or anything but it's still pretty enjoyable.

6/10 - Good
September 23, 2016
We all wish Superman never returned to the big screen.
September 19, 2016
Entertaining to watch and Brandon Routh makes a great Superman however story tends to drag.
September 19, 2016
½ September 12, 2016
Despite sincere intentions by the director to do justice to the franchise, this movie is simply too long, too lifeless and watching Brandon Routh imitate Christopher Reeve is almost as distracting as watching Ewan Macgreggor imitate Alec Guiness in the Star Wars prequels. Not a bad movie, just somehow drab and somewhat lacking in action.
September 11, 2016
This is the franchise that should have been. It's not perfect, kevin spacey's gal is a waste of space, but compared to man of steel it's golden. To the critics, this is a superhero film that isn't a film glued together by one liners and cgi, it's awful isn't it?
½ August 19, 2016
Decent story for fans of the dramatic side of the Superman character but all in all a dull superhero film with little fun excitement that should be expected from the Superman character. Misses the point.
½ August 15, 2016
While Bryan Singer brings an old-fashioned approach to the source material that successfully hearkens back to Richard Donner's classic films, Superman Returns amounts to nothing more than a tepid homage that evokes little excitement or fervor.
August 8, 2016
Well it was ok...Not much action but great story.. No emotion is there,the actor is not good enough but there were some scenes which i considered special!
August 6, 2016
While it doesn't quite measure up to Christopher Reeves's first or what Richard Donner's Superman II would have been, it finds peers among those. If only we could really forget that Superman III and IV happened. The Henry Cavill version has much to learn from this faithful continuation of the '80s installments. While the team that brought us this one might have continued in the same vein, the stories could easily have become even sillier than III and IV that it's probably better that we ended up with a reboot, even if it's flawed.
August 5, 2016
Superman Returns is an attempt comeback for the Superman franchise. However its generic plot and characters failed to bring in anything new to the franchise.
½ August 3, 2016
The more I see it the more I enjoy it. Sure, this is the softest Superman looks wise, and the ending drags a bit, but Kevin Spacey is a great Luthor, and the rest of the cast deliver for the most part. Sam Huntington as Jimmy is great, and there are some sunning visuals.
August 3, 2016
Visually spectacular, well acted (particularly from Kevin Spacey who gives the best on screen Luther to date), and action packed. Bryan Singers sequel/reboot is probably one of the most underrated superhero films I've seen.
½ August 2, 2016
Superman Returns was simply an uninteresting and a massive drag of a film that seemed to have been made only for the sole purpose of paying tribute to Christopher Reeve.
July 28, 2016
I honestly don't understand the hate this movie gets. It's a bit too long and its pacing isn't perfect, but other than that I can find no flaws with Superman Returns. It's a really good superhero movie that doesn't deserve the poor reputation its garnered, mostly from moviegoers who weren't happy simply because there wasn't enough action. Grow up people!
July 25, 2016
I'm not sure if I'm just that far off from the masses or Bryan Singer has paid off the critics. I lost count of the number of times I said to myself, "Seroiusly?" Even Kevin Spacey was bad, and Kevin Spacey is NEVER bad!
½ July 14, 2016
Not quite as drab as Man of Steel, but not as whimsically fun as Superman 78', Superman Returns perhaps is guiltier of a greater sin: It's utterly boring.
½ July 13, 2016
Brandon Routh picks up where Christpher Reeve left off in the the second Superman movie. It ignores the 3rd and 4th movies which were simply awful. This is the fifth installment in the Superman franchise. It's better than the 3rd and 4th but not as good as the first 2.
½ July 12, 2016
Kevin Spacey was good in this...
July 6, 2016
Should of been so much better but it was just an updated version, Superman saves the day in ways we have all seen before, The story is uninteresting and silly, The film length is too long and the ending was poor, The effects were ok and Brandon Routh played an ok Superman, But it's a poor superhero movie no matter which way you look at it.