Superman Returns Reviews

• 4d ago

Superman Returns is an abnormal reimagining of Superman The Movie, but Brandon Routh commits and ultimate carry's the film as a whole

• Nov 04, 2019

Superman Returns feels more like a made for TV movie or fan fiction that was made into a film. I never bought Brandon Routh as Superman, he seemed more like a guy at a convention in a decently put together Superman suit, and Kate Bosworth did not have the same charisma or acting ability that other actresses have had in the role. Furthermore the plotpoint that Superman had a son with Lois Lane was just plain stupid and it was not utilized enough to make it a worth while escapade for the story. There were a few good things about this movie such as Superman being saved by the people he had saved and the Superman theme is always pleasant to the eardrums but other than that Superman Returns is a bland and forgettable movie that does not pack enough thrills or emotional punch to make it worth seeing.

• Oct 19, 2019

A surprisingly underrated movie. Brandon Routh is a far more convincing Superman than Henry Cavill. I was disappointed when the obvious setup for a sequel (the floating piece of New Krypton) was never followed up on. With Routh reprising the role of Superman (albeit an alternate Kingdom Come version) I wouldn't mind seeing him take up the cape again for a feature film now that Cavill has flaked out.

• Oct 11, 2019

Boring and hardly any action. Was it made so because cgi was still underdeveloped and they had to make it a drama?

• Oct 10, 2019

Movie was absolutely terrible saw it when it was in theaters and it was hot. Still thought about leaving

• Oct 10, 2019

For waiting almost 20 years for a superman movie I was clearly disappointed by this. Was very boring, dull and slow set in a time that would have been a good sequel in the 80's but this is the 21st century and when you have your hero get beaten up by Kumar from white castle burger instead of zod or doomsday thats when you realise this is not the superman or movie you expected.......its a parody.

• Oct 09, 2019

Looking back on this movie, it gets better with time. I think we expected something to get a duplicate of the Reeve's films. Here we get a closer to the comics version of superman with some Reeve spirit thrown in. This is also the best version of Lex Luthor we've gotten on screen.

• Oct 08, 2019

This is Way better than latest Superman.

This is Way better than latest Superman.

• Oct 04, 2019

Good movie that doesn't take itself too serious. Spacey is a much better Luther than Eisenberg and while he's not Christpher Reeves Brandon Routh does a solid job. Yes the movie is a bit camp but not so over the top that it kills the movie.

• Oct 04, 2019

To me, Man of Steel was way better despite the controversy. Superman Returns was an okay film. I am really happy to see Brandon Routh as Kingdom Come Superman in Crisis On Infinite Earths.