Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby Reviews

• Sep 16, 2019

The best of American comedy along with s Step brothers, and Tropic Thunder. Only people who take it too seriously find issues.

• Aug 20, 2019

Its so dumb that its hilarious. So many quotable lines in one movie.

Its so dumb that its hilarious. So many quotable lines in one movie.

• Aug 14, 2019

Talladega Nights manages to pull through. Somehow. it starts off bumpy but gets better after that.

• Jun 25, 2019

Definitely one of the funniest movies to come out during its time period.

Definitely one of the funniest movies to come out during its time period.

• Jun 11, 2019

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Rocky Bobby delivers yet another winning goofy comedy outing from Ferrel and McKay, offering the right mix of a charismatic ensemble cast and southern charm to send this silly, yet fun and loose comedy flying towards the finish line for the win and offering plenty of laughs and quotable lines along the way, even if the middle section of the film loses some of its steam.

• Apr 29, 2019

You will quote this movie long after the end credits have fallen.

You will quote this movie long after the end credits have fallen.

• Apr 20, 2019

I see why a lot of men love this movie. It's got cars, women, and retarded humor. I'm not sure how such a movie received high ratings and positive reviews. Every minute of Talladega Nights is annoying.

• Apr 05, 2019

This movie, to sum it all up is a very fast paced movie full of laughs. It makes fun of nascar and the lives nascar drivers have. The film features yet another great performance by Will Ferrell who never seems to let us down (except for a few exception *cough* *cough*) The movie an excellent mix of satire and jokes to the point where we can excuse the few things it did badly. This movie lacks in a couple of ways. I don't really mind any of these but some people I've talked to do. The movie kind of stalls. It will be going somewhere, leading you in a certain direction, then suddenly it cuts off and nothing really happens. It makes it really unsatisfying. Honestly though, I believe that that is the type of humor Will Ferrel was going for when he wrote the film. Either way, the performance he and his co-stars gave thoroughly made up for it. The movie is on Netflix as I am writing the review and it is a Must-See film in my book! If it sounds interesting I'd give it a try!

• Feb 24, 2019

One More Lap. Talladega Nights: The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby McKay drives the energy of the film with his witty improv comic skills and impenetrable confidence in his silliness. I have barely witnessed any other filmmaker speak so effervescently and with conviction on the most bourgeois discussion or detail in a film. And it is that clean crisp goofiness in his film that makes it thoroughly entertaining. He is well aware of each character's background, logistics and actions. Using that very information, he draws in most of the laughs. From pointing out the vibration of the stadium or the corruption of the ticket holders, Adam McKay; the co-writer and director, never loses the grasp over his vision. And then adding the right ingredient is Will Ferrell- the writing partner of McKay- playing the role of a childish NASCAR driver Ricky Bobby whose uncouth language; something that runs on generation, is the least bit of fun you are about to get. The real laughs are drawn in when Ferrell is set loose to improvise and run the film on his own, stripping down in the middle of a car race, series of monologues that describes inappropriate endorsements and let's face it, the good old trash talk. Speaking of which, receiving the other end of the trash talk is Sacha Baron Cohen as his rival, is hilarious while racing and also keeping himself busy with other activities at the same time. Completing this dream team is John C. Reilly as the last piece of the puzzle, who with his brotherhood issues convinces you along with Ferrell to be his friend, no matter how rude he grows to him. Talladega Nights: The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby is exactly what you would expect from these group of guys, McKay's thorough investigation on the lifestyle of these bratty drivers is a satisfying and malleable sketchy ride.

• Feb 14, 2019