Teen Titans: The Judas Contract - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract Reviews

jamrcla
½ July 19, 2017
As far as DC animations go it's on par with some but with so many heroes in one film it should of been so much better, The action and ending was pretty good but too much plot and down times really stopped the movie dead in its tracks.
July 15, 2017
One of the better DC Universe Original Movies to come out in awhile. This film is based on the 1984 comic arch from The New Teen Titans and I've got to say as someone who's read the comic this is based on they do a really good job of staying fairly faithful here. I don't wanna spoil everything here, but the film follows the Teen Titans. Newly appointed leader Starfire (Kari Wahlgren) along with Nightwing (Sean Maher), Robin (Stuart Allen), Blue Beetle (Jake T. Austin), Raven (Taissa Farmiga), Beast Boy (Brandon Soo Hoo) and the newest member Terra (Christina Ricci) are on the trail of a religious cult led by a man named Brother Blood (Gregg Henry). Blood has hired the mercenary Deathstroke (Miguel Ferrer) who has plans of his own. Together the Titans must work together while also figuring out one of their own has betrayed them! Overall, solid story here mixed with some great animation and action sequences. There's some changes here to the original story (Robin and Blue Beetle in for Cyborg is the big one), but overall it doesn't take away from what the movie is trying to get across. The eventual betrayal itself is kinda obvious, but for enjoyment sake I won't ruin it. I would recommend this one for any DC animated fans this was a solid take on the Judas storyline and a solid superhero film.
July 13, 2017
very good movie that's based off the comics
July 4, 2017
A good movie I loved it can't wait to see it again action-packed
½ June 27, 2017
A predictable, but fun rendition of the Teen Titans that creates a nice blend of action, humor, and somberness.
½ June 17, 2017
Pretty terrible. The ending makes no sense.
½ June 7, 2017
Based on how gawdawful the last few DC animated movies were I wasn't expected much from this [this is a beloved story in the original comics, if more than a little screwed up] but I have to give it to the team that made this filck, they did well.

It not only lived up to the spirit of the original story, it wasn't afraid to be screwed up [unlike the Titans cartoon series].
½ June 2, 2017
Will be fantastic to have a cinematic fil of Teen Titans
½ May 23, 2017
I'm sad to give this review, trust me. But this movie was bad. As someone who is addicted to comics, loves the Teen Titans dynamics and characters, this movie was annoying. 2 of my 3 favorite characters ever are in this movie (Damian Wayne and Dick Grayson), and that just adds to the pain (Don't be fooled, Damian is barley in this movie). This movie crams too many subplots into the minutes that it has. Blue Beetle's family, Dick and Kori's relationship, ect. I forgot about Brother Blood all together at one point, and he is portrayed as this paper thin one-and-done villain. The movie itself doesn't stick to the source material as much (which some is acceptable, simply because of things already in this universe) but when it does, it seems out of place and VERY creepy. (Terra and Slade)

Overall, if you are a DC fan, watch it once every ten years, but other than that, SKIP.
May 20, 2017
This should have been better, entertaining but just that, there's been better than this one
May 17, 2017
While I still enjoy these new iterations of the Teen Titans, I likewise still miss the glory days of the before New 52. The switch between the involvement of H.I.V.E. and the new placement of Brother Blood and his goons in the story was a bit of a surprise to me. Then there's the fact that Jericho, Ravager, nor Adeline Kane were not even mentioned in the slightest. And yes, Grayson would still be fawning over Starfire, but it just seemed more stomachable back then. Oddly, however, the relationship between Damian and Raven of the previous film is MIA, and despite how much I will always loath it, it is conspicuous and the movie lacking in its absence. Then there's the fact that, like the New 52, BB's obvious crush on Terra remains intact while his ultimate humiliation by both Terra and Slade, in light of the also conspicuous lack of Raven x BB goodness, makes the ending that much more crushing, in addition to changes in Terra's ending. It's a good movie, and it's always been a story arc that I've appreciated, but a great part of it was always cementing that particular relationship. Without it, the story is much more pyrrhic than it used to be.
May 15, 2017
Perhaps if I had read the comics this movie was based upon I would have a higher opinion of it. It certainly plays like you have an understanding of the characters prior to viewing it. It's difficult to care about what happens to some of the pivotal characters knowing so little about them.

The story takes a good 30 minutes before it gets going and another 30 before anything really happens. The animation is decent, better than usual for a DC animated film but it does shine in the voices department. It features one of the last works by the late Miguel Ferrer as Deathstroke who is spot on.

I think I'm going to go pick up the comics and get the better, richer story that I'm sure this was based upon.
May 12, 2017
Teen Titans: The Judas Contract should be broken into more parts as just one film is not gonna fit the whole comic storyline but the film nails the characters and is still fun.
May 9, 2017
Que filmão da porra!
May 9, 2017
This was an improvement in the somewhat lame DC animation film market. Since they begun a cinematic universe they have adapted too many Justice League and Batman films that don't work. They had been doing well with one off film adaptions direct from the material and it was working. Under the red hood is a standout but once marvel was a success every studio started universes to their films. This was a great story with all the usual cartoon humour which isn't great when the film is quite dark for that market. The story is strong but the villains don't get to flex too much and the titans suffer through some melodramatic boredom. Great finale that will leave the team in an interesting position if the powers that be decide to followup. 09-05-2017.
½ May 8, 2017
Good music, shows backstory, dick and kora together, slade is well represented
May 7, 2017
Another powerful addition to the DCAU film's with the studio bouncing back from it's divisive Killing Joke animated film. If viewers considered the Justice League - Teen Titans crossover to be a solid display of balancing fine elements then the successor to this film managed to stamp the team in it's own right. Assisted by visually striking artwork, intriguing character interactions and most notably the inclusion of fan-favourite Deathstroke, this film is another top shelf calibre animated film for the DCAU's trophy cabinet.
½ May 5, 2017
It was a ok movie, What ruined it for me was Terra being a complete bitch through out the whole movie. Didnt like her what so ever.
May 4, 2017
Esta Entretenida. Ya rato que DC no hacia una película animada mas o menos seria. No están infantil, es mas bien adolescente, y hasta matan un personaje principal.
April 28, 2017
i love the development in this movie. it is awesome