Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie Reviews

June 22, 2017
The critic rating is a bit harsh, as the original TMNT film had a somber tone at times that removed much of the cheesiness that the rest of the franchise films suffer from. This was the most cinematic of the films, and the only one I would ever consider watching again.
½ June 20, 2017
A fun adventure. If you liked the cartoon, you'll like this one

7.8/10
½ June 16, 2017
Forget the reboot, this is a timeless classic!
June 11, 2017
Puts the new one to shame, makes you appreciate this original even more after watching the new re-make. 1990 version is the bomb!
June 7, 2017
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles combines the best elements of both the grittier comics and goofier animated series, and offers fun Martial Arts sequences and top notch FX by Jim Henson.
June 6, 2017
The best adaptation of the turtles to this day. Blends the humor and silliness of the cartoon with the dark edgy tone of the comic.
May 30, 2017
The best Ninja Turtles movie by far. Period.
May 28, 2017
I can re watch this movie till this day, and still Love it! In my opinion is shows a good way of what the 90s were like. of course there were technical moments and some acting that was stale. But this movie is childhood!
May 25, 2017
The definitive Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. An all-time favorite of mine. How can you not love it? (First viewing - Childhood)
May 24, 2017
One of my all time favorites. I still watch and enjoy this movie to this day. Other than the, admittedly dated, puppeteering effects this movie still holds up. At it's core it's about family, and brotherhood. There is no outrageous plot to destroy the world that the turtles must stop. They just want to find their father. It's a personal story. The Shredder comes across as a real threat, without the aid of bumbling sidekicks that plague every other iteration of TMNT.
May 3, 2017
No way not good at all not surprised by having it be a bad movie
April 2, 2017
Not great by any means, but fun to watch if you're a kid. I certainly enjoyed watching the Turtles beat up Shredder, and most likely you will too.
March 21, 2017
first up why the hell dose this have a 40% as of march 21 the tmnt movies haven't been nearly as good as the show but that still means I agree with most people that tis is the best it doesn't have a 1 highlight but instead multiple in my opion action istnt the best but character development and comedy is what most people agree is what makes it good, 80 out of 100
½ March 16, 2017
Despite its campiness, the origanal TMNT (1990) is far from bad. This is a fun, enjoyable, and overall good movie.
½ March 14, 2017
Overrated to say the least. It was more about the uninteresting side character Danny then it was about the title characters. All the Turtles acted like Michelangelo and the character balancing was off. Donatello gets no attention and is a virtual non-entity in this film and continues to get shafted in the sequels. The final battle was anti-climatic and made Shredder look like a joke. Kids will no doubt like this film but it doesn't hold up anymore due to its dated gags, music, slapstick laughable fight scenes, and pedestrian direction. This film is proof that rose tinted glasses are a heck of a perception bender and why some films never get properly reevaluated.
March 7, 2017
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is basically 90 minutes of film-making errors. In virtually every major scene set items, camera gear, or puppet operator are accidentally included in shot, and the Turtles rubber animatronic costumes have hard surfaces that accidentally bend inappropriately. At the time, this the most commercially successful indie film ever released, due to the film being an extension of a kids marketing craze, which ended up with the TMNT being about the fourth or fifth highest selling toy product globally. The hit soundtrack and excellent stills portraying the film as a grunge-noir action comedy with cool retro style sets helped pique interest, but the actual film doesn't have a second act, and the supporting cast simply can't act. Some great martial arts scenes though, with plenty of action and silliness. TMNT plays more like a series of video test shoots for a proposed film than a proper movie.
jamrcla
January 17, 2017
Pretty good for its year, Full of funny moments most of them are silly, The fight scenes were good fun but the story is abit silly, Kids will like it and that's all this film goes for as it's very faithful to the 80's/90's cartoon TV series.
December 9, 2016
One of the few comic films from this era that stand the test of time. A classic.
November 22, 2016
The critics are morons. This is a great movie. The dynamics between the turtles are perfect, and the human characters are also engaging. It's just a lot of fun.
½ November 5, 2016
This movie sucked. It pissed me off , them big forehead , samurai turtle looking ass. Graphics sucked, effects were not good , id rather pluck each one of my hairs on my head than give this movie a 5 star.