Ten Days' Wonder Reviews

• Jan 02, 2014

After a man wakes up bleeding in a hotel in Paris, he calls his old doctor friend and invites him to his father's mansion. There, the doctor realises his friend is having a passionate affair with his father's young wife, and is being blackmailed by a mysterious individual. Chabrol's thriller uses an unnecessarily distant and cold approach which makes the film hard to watch and care for. Overall, it is a waste of a great cast and far from being one of the best and most engaging as well as intelligent and clever films by the French filmmaker.

• Aug 31, 2011

A so-so mystery movie. I wasn't impressed. There were a few psychedelic feeling minutes, but otherwise boring.

• Aj V Super Reviewer
    Jun 29, 2011

Why couldn't it have been five days wonder? This movie isn't terribly long, but it felt like it was taking forever to get where it was going. I understand it's supposed to be a mystery and all, but there just seemed to be a lot of focus on things that weren't all that important to the story. Plus, the ending isn't all that surprising, I was a little disappointed. At least the actors are good, especially when they aren't whispering. Seriously, people needed to speak up in this movie. Overall, it's an okay movie, not too horrible, but not good either.

• Feb 19, 2011

The "French Hitchcock" presents a film that is thoughtful rather than gripping. One that is equal parts awkward and mesmerizing. The ending is clever but lack of narrative smoothness and glacial pacing is off-putting.

• Dec 16, 2009

Marlene Jobert is really cute. Freckles and red hair oh my. Welles is hillariously over the top. It's well known that Chabrol chose the locations of the movie based on the fact he wanted to eat the local food. I'm not sure this movie hold as what it wanted to be...a mystery thriller that explores theological themes. Actually it doesn't. It's a decent anti-detective film. It's just you could go watch Night Moves instead. Then again that didn't have Welles or cute Marlene Jobert.

• Jan 02, 2009

Maybe my favorite Chabrol -- astounding cast and lots of weirdness. Kind of like Last Year at Marienbad meets Clue.

• Dec 02, 2007

This movie makes my head hurt. But hey, at least we get to see Tony Perkins's bare tush! ;-P

• Jul 01, 2005

[color=white]Anthony Perkins and Orson Welles seem hopelessly lost in this tedious effort by French auteur Claude Chabrol. The brilliant cinematography is enchanting at times, but this is a real chore to sit through.[/color]