Terminator 3 - Rise of the Machines - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Terminator 3 - Rise of the Machines Reviews

December 16, 2017
Easily my favorite of all the Terminator movies. The end of the world is happening at 6:18 PM today. That's right. Today. Not sometime in the distant future, assuming the seemingly endless attempts to weasel out of it aren't successful. Grab the guns. The shit's going down right now.

If I could've changed anything about the movie, though, it would have been the car chase scene. It should've been a lot shorter. It really didn't advance the story in any way, and it just seemed to go on forever. About half way through I'm like, "for God's sake, just get on with it already."
½ December 7, 2017
Terminator 3 has decent action and effects and it also has its moments such as the ending that is the reason why this movie has 2.5 stars. However, much of the entertainment value that came out of the first two movies is lost. Ahnuld doesn't feel quite as convincing as he was in the first two films. Also, Mr. Director Who Isn't James Cameron, why couldn't you cast the kid from the T2 to play John Connor. That movie was released in 1991, this movie was released in 2003, you had no excuse. After seeing the alternate ending for T2, I wish they could've left that one in the final film so that we wouldn't have to worry about more sequels. Even Linda Hamilton believed that her story arc was complete in the last movie so she decided not to reprise her role. The effects and CG, while not entirely bad, can also look crappy with a slight sense of overreliance because the director apparently believed that the CG was the sole reason people loved T2. I know I complained about the bad special effects in T1 but, at least if the endoskeletons were stop-motion, they would feel unsettling. And the camp, oh my God, the campy tone. It's not as bad as Batman & Robin but jokes and "funny" dialogue end up feeling horribly out of place. While the first two movies did have some funny moments, they were usually few and far between. While I didn't entirely hate T3 for what it was worth, the lack of reason for it to exist and the overwhelming, if still somewhat awesome, action make the movie feel more like a 100-minute-long chase scene rather than an actual sequel to the good yet overrated first movie and its amazing + superior sequel.
½ November 2, 2017
It fails to reach the high bar of the first two films, but T3 is criminally underrated. The direction and dialogue aren't great, and the acting could be better. Nick Stahl isn't particularly good as John Connor, but Claire Danes is pretty good as Kate Brewster, Arnold Schwarzenegger is once again the perfect Terminator, and Kristanna Loken is surprisingly great as the T-X. The story isn't great, but the action and special effects are awesome, making this a more than adequate entry in the franchise.
October 23, 2017
Terminator 3 Rise Of The Machines: Full of action but lacks the heart of the orginal films that feels pointless.
½ October 18, 2017
A mediocre fatalistic follow-up to two movies about self-determination and taking your fate into your own hands
September 26, 2017
Full of action and special effects but lacks the heart and story of the originals. While being a useless sequel.
½ September 13, 2017
The action is pretty good, and there's actually some fairly interesting character-driven drama. However, it's also filled with hokey dialogue, and it lacks the imagination of the previous films. It's worth watching, though.
½ September 10, 2017
The best of the first two too films (sort of). While it did have some story elements from Terminator 2 especially, the overall concept seemed to stand out pretty nicely from my view. Some of the action moments were pretty corny, but exceptional computer effects. Not the best film in a popular series, but probably still better than future Terminator films after this one.
½ August 28, 2017
Although the story has gotten familiar & nothing will match the first two Terminator movies, this is an enjoyable entry into the series.
August 23, 2017
Are there good parts in this film? Yes. Is this a good film though? No, definitely not. It gets points for being a bit darker in parts, the basic story is good, the very end is pretty great, Nick Stahl makes for a good and believable John Connor, and Arnold Schwarzenegger is decent as the Terminator again. That said, the CGI is pretty weak, The bad Terminator is just terrible and annoying (Only reason she's female is because BOOBS!), Claire Danes is not good, the film continually mocks the original classics, and this one completely destroys the main messages of the original films (UNFORGIVEABLE). As a mindless blockbuster, it's ok....as a Terminator film, it's bad.
August 17, 2017
Very underrated movie. It has some flaws but it's still awesome, with an amazing story continued perfectly. and RIDICULOUS action. lots of great new additions and abilities to the terminators (4 viewings)
½ August 11, 2017
I just did not like this movie. The plot wasn't great and the action wasn't as great as the first two movies. It's not as bad as the fifth movie but it's still bad. I just disliked this movie. It isn't good. D
½ August 8, 2017
Terrible terminator movie.
July 25, 2017
The absence of Cameron is made all too evident in this vastly inferior sequel. This is where the series' trajectory started going off course.
½ July 19, 2017
Well not as good as the previous installment, Terminator 3 still provides tons of action, a slight bit of humor, and excellent sound design. Recommended
July 19, 2017
Though packed with great car chases, new elements and some good actions, Terminator 3 is pulled down by its disappointing last fight and plots that are beyond my grasp.
July 16, 2017
So much potential, but it just doesn't compute.
July 11, 2017
Why rated so low I liked it so much
July 5, 2017
I personally loved T3. just as good as T1. awesome action sequences, some the action scences are the best of the franchise. it was very entertaining from beginning to end. And the T-X, man it would super cool and deadly. But....I do admit that this john chonor is a wack.
June 6, 2017
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines takes the series in a new direction that sometimes works...but largely is removed from the magic of the first two.