Terminator 3 - Rise of the Machines - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Terminator 3 - Rise of the Machines Reviews

September 26, 2016
Tongue in cheek threequel, although lacking the real menace of the first two, this one is more family friendly, and more enjoyable for that.
September 24, 2016
Awful movie, it's so bad I just can't understand why it has so high rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The only worse movie than this is the 5th installment of this franchise. Kristanna Loken is very hot in this film though, the only big plus of this movie.
September 8, 2016
While the story is lacking in this film, it still has enough special effects and action to keep the audience interested.
½ August 30, 2016
This is definitely the real 3rd Terminator movie. Certainly smarter than the first movie and Salvation, even if this doesn't use the same suspense and dark tone set up back in T2.
August 21, 2016
Not as good as T2, it still has some great action set pieces and fantastic visuals. It's also has Arnie as a bonus!
August 18, 2016
Terminator 3 shows you what happens when James Cameron makes 2 great movies and then they hire someone else to do the third one.
½ August 15, 2016
The third installment of terminator was a great movie. i loved this film a lot because they gave us a female villain that was bad ass throughout the movie. i recommend checking this movie out because it wont disappoint.
August 5, 2016
An unnecessary third movie that only repeats the formula of the one before, with unstoppable (and even tiresome) action for those who enjoy seeing cyborgs destroying an entire city - and it is easy to notice how it destroys the continuity of the series.
August 4, 2016
Never understood why this film got so much hate. Sure, this is pretty underwhelming compared to the first two Terminator films, but at the same time it's pretty entertaining.
July 30, 2016
This movie isn't necessary or wanted. At least it isn't as bad as the newer films.
July 30, 2016
Terminator 3 is not as good as the first 2 but is still one of the better action films to date! This film is very entertaining, thrilling and just is a good movie in general.
July 29, 2016
Good film but should of ended after number 2, But still good action and didn't lose its roots, Tried to be different with a female villain and it pretty much worked but apart from that it's nothing we haven't seen before just with better effects.
July 27, 2016
It's really not as bad as some say, to the point where I would actually call it a good movie. But...why? It didn't need to be made. T2 was the PERFECT ending to this franchise, and quite frankly it should've stopped there. But this entry actually isn't all that bad.
July 26, 2016
The film can not compare at all to the first two. From the arrival scene to the action and suspense, it's all done wrong. Clearly the best part is the T-X arrival...
July 25, 2016
The First Movie was a masterpiece and The Terminator was the killer,
This was a fucking abomination compared to the prequel.

Terminator 2 Judgement day was the best movie i ever saw.

Score: 2.5/10
July 15, 2016
Extremely disappointing sequel that is just so forgettable and doesn't even come close to the genius of the first 2 films.
½ June 18, 2016
The film was alright, not great. While the plot is more or less recycling T2, we got to see more of John Connor before Judgment Day. And we got to see the world end! I'm glad they ended it with a feeling of hopelessness
½ June 16, 2016
Meh this movie was mediocre at best
½ June 15, 2016
Like him or hate him, things seem to go south for movie franchises once James Cameron leaves them. It happened with the Alien franchise, and it happened with the Terminator franchise. It's hard to believe that a sequel to Terminator 2 could be this bland.

There's just something missing from Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. The action sequences are bigger and louder, but they lack adrenaline and impact. It feels like director Jonathan Mostow is doing little more than saying "Hey, we got a huge budget for this movie, so look at all the cool setpieces we can do!" There's nothing explicitly wrong with how the scenes are actually filmed, but they just don't have any impact.

Even more insulting is how the characters are handled. The rambunctious and rebellious John Connor from Edward Furlong's portrayal is devolved into a lifeless, stoic action hero in the form of Nick Stahl. Claire Danes is no better, and shows no signs of growing into a character capable of leading a resistance against sentient robots. Arnold Schwarzenegger is the highlight, but even he lacks both the ferocity of his original performance, and the naiveté of his Judgment Day character.

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines is just perfectly mediocre. That's not necessarily a bad thing for any other franchise entry, but for a film coming off of two of the greatest sci-fi films in cinematic history, it's a major letdown.
June 13, 2016
I enjoyed this, even though it is a different director, and a step down from T2. I think it is fun, action packed, and worth checking out.